Moving On

Moving On

 

Breaking up with you may have been one of the biggest mistakes of my life. She told me that I needed to stop seeing you; that I was being clingy and overall you weren't good enough for me.

The truth is, I wasn't good enough for you.

You were worried when you saw that my eyes were so red and puffy. You saw me cry. A side of me I had never showed you until now.

You asked if I had been crying. Hearing that only made me want to break down into tears. You already knew the answer.

"...Ne." I understand if you were scared; you never saw that side of me before. I knew I would make you suffer if I didn't do what needed to be done. Even if I hated it.

While tears were still falling down my face I whispered, "Yeobo, we need to break up."

I held my head low because I didn't want to see your face. It was too painful. I couldn't believe I had the nerve to call you yeobo at a time like this.

You started to shout-I couldn't blame you-and your hand smacked my face. You placed your hand over your mouth and a large lump was in my throat. Not knowing what to do, I gently touched the reddening area as pain went through the left side of my face. Despite all of this, you showed your caring nature by stretching out your hand toward my face. Instead, I pulled you into a hug as you cried on my shoulder.

I didn't want you to worry about me anymore.

There was no need to.

Looking you straight in the eyes, I studied your face. Tears started to make their way down your cheeks, but I tenderly kissed them away. My hands held your waist as I gently kissed your lips, knowing it would be the last time. The passionate kiss lasted longer that we expected, but I knew it couldn't stay like this forever. When we let go of the kiss I found myself caressing your cheeks, softly each one. Throughout all of this a smile appeared of my face knowing you were the only person who made me feel this way.

Before leaving I gave you one last kiss on the forehead.

"My one and only Yeobo." 

I walked out and about half way down the street until you ran up and stopped me.

"Here."

You took my hand, placing a small necklace with a "Z" on it, in it. It was the necklace I gave you two years ago. I looked at you surprised, but you gave me a sincere smile. You knew I wanted you to keep it, but you shook your head.

"Don't forget me, okay?" you said, while another tear fell from your face.

"How could I?" I smiled tenderly; wiping them away.

We bid each other farewell and I instantly received a text message from her.

To: Zico
Hey, babe! ;) How did it go?

To: Hyuna
Fine.

It's like she had been watching the whole thing.

To: Zico
Aww.. r u mad @ me? :(
Well you won't be for long. ;)
Meet me @ my house 10:00PM.

Ugh, I don't wanna see her. She caused all this! I decided to take a stroll around Han River and lose track of time. It felt comforting feeling the cool breeze hit my face until a few hours later I got another text.

To: Zico
Where r u?
U were suppose 2 b
here 20 min. ago!!

Spoiled brat.

To: Hyuna
Calm down. I'll b there.

When I got to her house anxiety rushed over my body. She opened the door, wearing the skimpiest of clothes, and welcomed me inside.

"Hi Zico!" she cooed.

"What do you want?"

"What?" I sighed.

"Why do you want to see me?"

"Well, I thought we could have some fun," she whispered seductively.

"Frankly, I'm not in the mood."

She pulled me over to her couch and placed a hand on my leg.

"C'mon it will only take a second," she purred.

She looked me in the eyes and slyly brushed her hand against my private.

"What the hell, Hyuna!!"

"I'm sorry." She said giggling a bit.

"You will be."

"What's that supposed to mean?" she smirked.

" off or I'll come after you myself. Especially if you threaten my girlfriend again."

She scoffed. "Whatever. See ya later Zico."

"Don't count on it, ." I spat.

I quickly ran out if her house and back to yours, but no one was home.

Damn it! Umm, where does Jihye always go when she's sad or upset?

"Han River!" I ran at full speed back to Han River and when I saw you I instantly hugged your body.

"Yeobo, I'm so glad I found you! Will you please forgive me??"

"Ji Ho...what happened?"

"Hyunathreatenedyourlifeandihadtobreakupwithyouorelsebutididntwanttoleaveandimsosorry!!!" I shouted.

"Calm down!" you laughed holding my cheeks.

"YEOBO!" I whined.

"What is it?"

"Will you please forgive me?" I asked. "I shouldn't have believed her in the first place."

You smiled. "I forgive you, but.."

"But what?!"

"I...I just don't know if I can go through something like that again. Maybe we should just move on." You sobbed, looking at the river.

"You don't have to I-"

"Ji Ho, maybe we should break up...for real."

"W-why would you want to do that!?" Tears started to flood my vision and I couldn't see your face.

"I love you."

"I-i love you too, but I'm just confused right now!"

You walked away, but I quickly grabbed your hand. Startled by my reaction, you then started to cry to yourself.

"Jihye, don't leave. Please," I whispered, hugging you tighter.

"Ji Ho, let me go." I looked you in the eyes seriously, but you didn't catch my gaze. I sighed letting you go.

"I-i'm sorry. I was just being stupid, huh?"

I gave a small smile to assure you I wasn't hurt too bad, but inside I felt I was stabbed a thousand times. I took out the small necklace you gave to me and smirked.

"I guess this is all I have to remember you by."

You didn't say a word. "I-i'm s..-"

"No. It's not your fault."

I gave you one last kiss before we went our seperate ways. We both cried-which I'm not ashamed of. I loved you to much to give up that easily.

Now you've moved on and I'm still thinking about what could-have-been. I admit I was being selfish and the whole thing was my fault. Now I wear your necklace to remember you are my "One and Only Yeobo."