Chapter 1: What? I'm Going Where?

Do You Believe in Forbidden Love?

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

“Hey, dad” I said.

“Jessica, what are you doing here in my office? You should be packing you luggage right now” he immediately replied.

“Huh? Why should I pack? Where am I going?” wait…I’m confused.

“Jessica, you are going to go in Seoul, you are going to continue your studies there. My decision is final. You better go home and pack your things” he ordered, seemingly I’m his assistant.

“Yes, dad” telling him while showing a sad face.

“But wait. Where am I going to stay there? We don’t have any relatives in Seoul. They’re all in Busan, dad. Now, who is going to take care of me? No one? You don’t care at all, I know” I told him.

“You are going to go in Busan first before going to Seoul, Jessica. You should visit them since you have never met for years. I do care about you. I’m just letting you go back in Korea because of your friends and classmates here. You were not like that before. You were an innocent girl who does not talk back to her dad” he said.

“I’m sorry dad, but I’ll leave know” I said.

 

When going back home, I saw a silhouette near our door.

 

[gasp] “What are you doing here?” I told him.

“Me? What am I doing here? I heard you are going back to Seoul, but why?” Jjong said.

“Who cares? I like it there. No guys like you!”

“No guys like? Have you forgotten Jessie that I’m a Korean too?” he replied showing an angry face.

“You maybe a Korean but you didn’t grew there. You have an American heart since you’ve been here since your childhood days” I told that freaking guy.

“If you have nothing to say anymore, I’ll be going” I told him again and left.

 

After several minutes…

 

“Jessica, I’m home!” my dad said.

“Dad, I’m leaving now. You really don’t care don’t you? Bye.” I said sadly.

“Jessica before you leave, I want you to have this. Give this to your mom who is in Seoul. You’ll see her when you go to Busan” he said.

“May I ask you one last question?” I asked.

“What is it?”

“Why are you sad when you mentioned her name?”

“It is because your mom is in the hospital near our place in Busan. They said she has a cancer. This is the reason I let you go back” he said.

“WHAT? Why didn’t you tell me before? I thought it was a sudden decision” I said.

“I’m sorry but please go to Korea now and go to her” he said.

“Right. Bye dad. I love you. I’m going to miss you”

 

At the airport…

 

“Thanks for driving me here. I’ll miss all of you guys. You took care of me for so long and I’ll be leaving like this? I promise to give something to you in return when I come back here” I told our maids and driver.

“Ma’am, you don’t need to. It’s our duty” they said in chorus.

“I don’t need to but I want to. Hehehehe” I said.

“Thanks ma’am. You’re so sweet and loving” they said.

“And it’s all thanks to you. Without you I won’t be like this. I’ve already adapted the attitudes of the people here. Thanks a lot. Bye” I said.

“Bye! See you soon. We are all going to miss you! Take Care” they said.

 

And I left to Korea…