Final

Things That Are Hard to Tell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 5. 6:13 PM

After a long day at school and her part-time job, Lee Yoonjung plopped down on her creme colored couch, exhausted. It was a cool fall night, perfect for a stroll in the park. Grinning, the girl dug her hand in her purse to pull out her phone. It had been almost four days since she saw Jongin, and it was killing her. Four days without seeing each other may seem ridiculous to go crazy about, but to Yoonjung, it felt more like four months. Due to Yoonjung's sudden decision to go attend a different college than she applied for, the couple rarely saw each other.

Jongin, being the sweet and caring boyfriend he was for the past two years, was proud of Yoonjung's mature decision to challenge herself by attending more classes. His girlfriend was always the one to make good decisions, while he was the 20-year old with the mind of an immature teenager's. Sure, it was difficult to be in a relationship with the new schedule added, but not impossible. Because Jongin cared, he was committed to keep this relationship as long as he possibly could, even if it killed him.

It had only been a few days, and Yoonjung had to admit; the relationship was starting to get a bit shaky. She missed his warm arms around her. She missed his sweet words he would whisper in her ears. She missed Kim Jongin, the world's best boyfriend.

The girl glanced at the clock on the wall. 'Eh. I'll shower in fifteen minutes,' she thought to herself as she happily grabbed her phone to text Jongin.

Boo! I miss you so much <3 Sorry I couldn't take that phone ca-

In the middle of her text, she got a call from someone she have not talked to in a while. Hesitantly, Yoonjung accepted the call.

"Hello, father." It was obvious from her monotone voice that she was not at all enthusiastic to get that call.

The man did not even give his salutations. Almost as if he didn't even care about his daughter and just called to deliver information. "Pack your bags. You're coming here to the States to live with your new stepmother."

 

 

Twenty minutes later, Yoonjung's head was trying to organize what she just heard. The decision made by her father was too rash and sudden, and she couldn't accept it. As much as she wanted to rebel like always, this wasn't the case. She couldn't be selfish this time. Her eyes started to get moist at the thought of the conversation. Most importantly, how would she tell Jongin? As much as she did not want to accept the fact, she had to. The girl paced around the living room, thinking of how she would break the news. Not even caring about her shower, dinner, nor homework, Yoonjung focused on how to tell him. Time was running out too fast. Way too fast.

Yoonjung walked to her bathroom, trying to rehearse the dreadful scene.

'I can do this,' Yoonjung thought to herself as she stared at her reflection on the mirror. 'It won't be easy, but...'

The mirror reflected a confident looking girl one moment, and a broken down one who was hysterically crying the next. No matter how many times she believed it would be okay, the lies were pushed away by the unwanted truth.

After wiping her tears on her hot cheeks and taking deep breaths, Yoonjung's hand grabbed her phone on the sink. 'I'll make it...not as terrible now. Yeah. Save the pain for tomorrow. Tonight, I'm just going to have fun.' She dialed the number she knew by heart, and held the phone by her ear, patiently waiting for the lovely voice to answer.

"Hey, babe!" the person on the other line picked up.

"Hi, love. Are you free tonight? Let's meet up. I'll pay for dinner."

 

Fifteen minutes later, the doorbell rang. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter