Chapter 1

The Medium

-Baekhyun's POV-

 

My name is Byun Baekhyun. I'm 17 years old, and I'm in my 2nd year in High School. You could say I'm one of these awkward students who don't talk much with others and just have these few friends. For me... I just have Kai, his name is Kim Jongin, but I call him Kai, why? Well it's a long story I think it's better if I tell this another time. Kai is the opposite of me. He is good looking, popular, smart, you could say he's everything I want to be. Everyone loves him. He's like a king in our school. We know each other since Kindergarten, that's the reason – I think – he hangs out with me. I mean who would want to hang out with a ugly, friendless, dumb coward like me? I also wouldn't do that if I was in Jongin's shoes.

 

The school bell rings.

 

“Let's go, Baek!” Kai stood up.

 

“OK, but wait a minute the teacher wants to talk to me...”

 

“Are you in trouble again because of your grades?? Geez... Baek I don't know what to do with you, you're not dumb I know it... Why are so lazy? You know if you just fail one class you're out of here, we can't graduate together... geez, baek you're such a trouble. Whatever, I'm waiting outside. Make it fast I want to buy my game before it's sold out.”

 

I'm sorry Kai that I'm such a trouble maker... I wish I could disappear from this world. Be a ghost or something like that.

 

 

The teacher scolded me again. He said if I don't do anything I'm going to fail his class 100%. I nodded like always, it's not like I can do anything about it. I can't do anything about that. It's just like the whole world is against me. I'm sorry that I'm not gifted like all the other people in my class with an IQ from 20000 or something. I know, I exaggerate.

After talking with the teacher I started to walk to the door. I can't go out with a sad face and turn the mood down so I did put up a fake smile. I walked out of the classroom, and saw Kai on the end of the floor, he was surrounded by girls, who tried to flirt with him. He enjoyed himself, I could see it clearly. My smile fated away, I hate it when he's surrounded with girls. It's not like I'm jealous or something like that. I think it's just I can't share my only and best friend with others, or rather I don't want to share him. I walked in Kai's direction and coughed slightly. He looked at me and grinned.

 

“Sorry girls. Mr. Kim needs to go now.” The girls whined. One of the girls said “Jongiii please don't go with that awkward turtle friend of yours... he's not worth it!”

 

Tch, . You're not worth it.

 

“Sorry Sohee, maybe next time.” He winked at her. “See you, beauty’s!”

 

We walked away.

 

“Tch, 'He's not worth it' what's wrong with her??” I said in a angry and high pitched tone.

 

“Come on Baek, you know how this girls are. They just have one thing in the little brain of theirs. They want the D.” He laughed.

 

“Aish, Kai I don't get you.”

 

“Why? Are you jelly because I have fangirls and you don't?”

 

“Stop it Kai. If you say that I might start to pity them. I mean to be your fangirl.. Pfft..” I laughed slightly.

 

“Haha. It would be the news of the year!” He looked the time. “OH NO! BAEK! WE NEED TO HURRY! IT'S ALMOST! 3 PM! They going to sell my new game at 4 PM!”

 

I don't know why they start to sell a game at 4 PM, like seriously, why do you chose a time during the day? We sprint out of school. Kai is way faster than me. So he was faster at the big street in front of our school.

 

  • Kai's POV-

 

„Baek! Run! Aish! It's red, if we run fast enough we can do it without getting hit by a car. I'm going to run first!“ I laughed.

 

“No! Stop Kai it's red! Cars are already driving!” Said Baekhyun.

 

“Oh Baek don't be a come on! I want to buy this new game you know that's sold out in a blink of an eye!”

 

I ran. BANG. I don't know what happened. It was all black all of a sudden. I heard a voice, someone shouted out my name. Baek? Is that your voice? Why does my body feel so light? I lost my concussion.

 

- Baekyhun's POV-

 

“Kai!”

 

This incident was going to change my life to the fullest. The next thing I heard was a dull sound. A body falling on the ground, it was Kai's body, me running to the body and my voice that didn't seem to come out. I didn't know what I was doing, my body moved on his own, my mind was thinking on his own, I couldn't control myself. The short distance I had with Kai seconds ago seemed like kilo meters. It was like I needed years just to run to Kai. Finally I reached him. My body did fall beside Kai. I didn't know what to do. What should I do? Was I supposed to do something? What if I hurt him? What if I do something wrong and he dies because of me? I screamed. This all wasn't real. It seemed so surreal.