It's Okay

Mellifluous Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the three entered the room, Dongwoo brought Howon to sit on a chair as he talked with the doctor. He then moved closer to Howon and held his hand; he said, “Howon, can you do this for me?” the younger stayed quiet, he knew what the older wanted; he heard him talking to the doctor. Howon wasn’t bothered, but what made him anxious are the possible disappointments to the older male. He knew he stood no chance in curing his eyesight. He went to doctors a lot of times; this wouldn’t make any change in his life, whether good or bad. But he did not want to hurt the latter, yet couldn’t say no. But maybe, hearing it from the doctor would be easier than hearing it directly from him. He took a deep breath before nodding his head. His heart and his brain couldn’t settle on one choice, but he did not care anymore. He wanted to get this done with so that Dongwoo wont build any hope, and wont dream of different future.

 

Dongwoo ushered for the doctor to come closer, and do what he asked him for. His fingers tangles together as the doctor crouched down and parted Howon’s lids and flashed the bright light at his eyes. Howon flinched, but still tried to calm down. The eldest male moved to the other eye, and did the same.

 

The doctor moved a finger in front of Howon eyes and jotted down scribbles Dongwoo couldn’t understand. He stood up and patted Howon’s head with a smile before moving toward Dongwoo.

 

 “Before you ask me whether it is possible or not, I think further check up at a hospital is better. I can’t possibly bring the machines outside the hospital and perform checkups here.” He smiled while zipping his bag, “you can just tell me ahead one hour before you come over, and I will free myself for you. Take care of yourself and the boys.” He patted his shoulder before moving toward the door.

 

Dongwoo quickly moved ahead of the doctor and said loud enough for the seating boy to hear, “let me you to the door, Howon-ah, a minute and I will be back.” He opened the door and moved for the doctor to pass first, before walking along with him to the main door of the apartment. Howon, when he heard the door close, stood on his feet and rubbed his face gently. He sighed again; God knows how many times did he this day.

 

Woohyun peeked from the kitchen when he heard the sound of a door closing, he saw Dongwoo walking to the main door with the doctor, discussing something inaudible. Before he get to go back in the kitchen to prepare the soup he was making for Sunggyu, a pillow slammed the side of his temple. He frowned and turned to the direction the pillow came from to find Sungjong glaring at him. He thought of throwing the pillow back, but knew it won’t do any of the sides any good so he remained quiet. He ordered the sick male some chicken and fried rice in case he woke up hungry. A soup wasn’t enough, and the apartment barely had any fresh food, merely canned food. He closed the lid of pot before walking to the sink to wash his hands. He opened the cupboard to pull out a tray, bowl and a spoon. He brought a room temperature bottle of water and placed it on the tray as well.  He checked on the soup once more before pouring some in the bowl he prepared, and closed the lid again. He carried the tray and moved toward the room, as he passed by the living room with the Jangs giving him dirty looks, which he ignored, he said, “there is more soup in the pot if anyone wants some. Yongguk, food might be here soon, take it to the kitchen if I still didn’t come out.” Just when he was about to go on to the room, Sungjong said, “wait! Who said you could go in and feed Sunggyu hyung? We don’t want his health to get worse-“

Woohyun thanked Yongguk silently as the said man covered Sungjong’s mouth and pulled him to sit down.

 

Woohyun kicked the door gently open with his foot. Sunggyu was lying on the bed with one pillow under his head and the other embraced tightly against his chest. He wasn’t asleep his eyes were open. But it was apparent to Woohyun that the latter was deep in thought; his eyes weren’t focusing on anything. Woohyun placed the tray on the bedside table before sitting on the edge of the bed. His hand crept to Sunggyu's forearm gently. He felt the body under his chubby fingers stiff and move away from his touch. He breathed out an inaudible sigh, but brought his hand back on the forearm again with a firm hold of it. "Sunggyu", his voice was barely heard as he said it low, "you need to take the pills the doctor gave you. Take them and you can go back to sleep." Sunggyu didnt move at all, he remained the way he was since Woohyun came into the room, thinking that the other would probably get irritated and leave him alone. But that wasnt the case with Woohyun. He pulled himself on the bed before wrapping his arms around the older's waist, he pulled the pregnant man up, forcing him to sit on his .

 

 

Sunggyu, shocked, released a squeak. He struggled against the firm arms and tried to push them away but couldn't. He was in no position to fight, his weak state made it impossible to struggle for more than thirty seconds. He fell back against the chest behind him. He closed his eyes and breathed. He was tired, he discarded the idea of struggling more and went limp in the other's embrace. He felt himself being pulled back until he was pushed against the bed headboard softly. He brought his gaze to his lap, where he was placing both his hands. He felt the presence of Woohyun beside him disappear, before it returned quickly.

 

 

The spoon clacked against the bowl and soon Sunggyu found a white ceramic spoon filled with soup in front of his face. He did not feel like drinking it, though he did admit to himself that it was probably because his body was too weak to even swallow it. Woohyun waited, but the latter didnt budge nor did he open his lips. He brought a finger and pulled his chin downward, making use of the chance, he quickly yet gently pushed the ceramic spoon inside.

 

Whining at the latter, Sunggyu had to force himself to swallow it after Woohyun  tilted his head upward so that the soup will run down his mouth to his throat. Sunggyu felt a drop of the soup drip from the side of his lips. He looked at the bedside table and extended his hand to grab a tissue, but before his fingertips touch the soft fabric, Woohyun's thumb brushed it off. It did not bring Sunggyu's heart to a state of agitation, it left him frowning at the younger. He pushed his hand away, "who gave you the right to do that? Do you wish to die today?"

 

 

Woohyun just smiled, and Sunggu wished he can just punch him in the face but he refrained himself from doing so. The younger ignored the hard face of the pregnant man and went on with bringing another filled spoon to the latter's mouth, this time he drank it without a fight. It took Sunggyu around what seemed ten minutes to finish the soup. Woohyun brought the bowl back to the tray and grabbed the water. He opened the lid and handed it to Sunggyy, who took it silently. He dipped it between his thighs, palms resting gently on the warm bottle. Silence engulfed them, minutes passed by and both remained quiet.

 

 

"I'm sorry," Woohyun whispered, arms lying on his lap, with his eyes casting on them. He heard the other male scoff, but said nothing so he continued, "I know saying sorry is not enough, and whatever I do for you will never be enough. I do not know what am I supposed to say, because nothing will change. A part of me tells me that the baby is indeed mine but at the same time it scares me. Being a father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter