un commencement

Courir Loin

Un Commencement - A Beginning 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jiyong is a robot. 

Well, he thinks he is.

From the way they treat him, it's almost as if he's not capable of having feelings. As if he was programmed to be perfect. They push him to their limits, yes, their limits. They give him his needs and wants, which serves as his fuel. They make him do things, which serves as their command. They dictate his life. He hates himself for succumbing to their every wants. Can he even do something about it? Nothing. For him, his life came from his parents and so to pay them back, he depended on them. Rebelling on them will just make things worse. He knows better than to make his robotic life worse. 

"Young Master? It's 5 in the morning, Young Master. Your parents are already waiting for you in the dining hall."

Jiyong is a morning person but he isn't a waking-up-person. He loves sleeping and hates having to wake up every 5 in the morning. But with his life, he can't do anything. They tell him to wake up, and so he does. 

Yawning lightly, Jiyong realizes a smell he barely recognize. 

Looking to his right, where his bedside table is, he saw his food (a bowl of boiling soup and a piece of bread) already on top. He sighed in annoyance. Every morning, his mother always send his appetizer before he's instructed to take his morning shower. For her, he should eat little to prepare his stomach for the real meal so that his stomach doesn't hurt. He rolled his eyes at her theory. 

"Mistress Kwon had instructed me to-"

"Hye Yoon noona?" he interrupted while standing up and going to stand before her. 

He smirked and put his hand on her shoulders. "You know what to do." By that he meant- "I don't want to eat the food so eat it instead, okay?"  This act every morning is probably the only thing he does on his own. The only thing his parents is involve. 

By the moment she opened to argue, he cut in once more. "Have you eaten yet?" 

He watched as she bowed down and whispered 'No'. 

"Eat. How many times do I have to tell you that?" with his question, she looked up to him. 

"Jiyong," he smiled when she started to loosen up. He let go of her shoulders and started his way to his bathroom before she argue.

Choi Hye Yoon is just one of the hundred of maids that serves the Kwons. But what made Jiyong take a liking to her is that she's different.  Maybe because she's seen his worst side and yet she stayed. None of the tons of maids before her had done that. Every single one of them gave up on him but not Hye Yoon. Not her. 

~

"HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE THAT SUBJECT TO PASS, CHOI SEUNGHYUN?!" 

Seunghyun sighed miserably as he lifted his chopsticks. He then put the noodles in his mouth and stared at her mother boringly. 

"Aish! This kid! If you're going to take this subject again, AGAIN!, how ma-" 

He raised his left hand with his five fingers up, telling his mother that it's going to be his 5th take of the subject already. 

"5?! Oh, Jesus." He watched as her mother faintly sat on her chair across his. 

"Seunghyun, son, aren't you planning to do better?" he heard his father asked sternly. 

He swallowed his food before answering. "I'm doing my best, dad." 

"Well, your best wasn't good enough." his mother muttered loudly enough for him and his father to hear. Now he knew this isn't the right time to joke, but his mother's line caused him to hum the song Just Once where her line was also found in the song. 

"Choi Seunghyun!" her mother reprimanded and his little moment was stopped. "Your sister-"

"Is gone." he said through gritted teeth. 

"She's not gone!"

"Oh, yeah?" he challenged. "Where is she then? Six years without any sight of her? You sure she didn't really eloped?" 

"She didn't eloped! How many times do we have to tell you that?! Who do you think sends us the money? Her! Your sister! Who works hard in London to feed us and pay for your tuition fees!" his mother argued angrily. His sister was and is always a sensitive topic. 

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that." he muttered before eating a mouthful of noodles again. 

His sister was suddenly gone one morning six years ago. None of his parents and even himself know where she had gone to. One year passed without any sign of her, an envelope containing huge amount of cash came to them one morning and his parents instantly thought it came from her. Seunghyun thinks otherwise though. Now you might get the wrong idea, but Seunghyun loves his sister and he's pretty sure he loves him too. But the fact that she just left them, him, like that without leaving anything made anger blind him. 

He stood up abruptly, cutting off his mother whom he didn't realize was still ranting. At his peripheral view, he saw his father shake his head and continued reading the morning paper. His father never cared at all. 

"Where are you going? You don't have class today!" He heard her mother call after him as he take his backpack that was lying on the couch and he continued stomping his way to the front door. 

"Seunghyun? Yah!" he realized her mother was already behind as he put on his shoes. 

The moment he straightened up and was about to touch the doorknob, a knock was heard. 

He opened it and found three men dressed in black standing there. 

"Choi Seunghyun? Is he living here?"

Seunghyun cocked an eyebrow. "What if he isn't?"

"Aha ha ha! Very funny, Seunghyun-ah." his mother muttered angrily before smiling sweetly to the three men. "What can we do for you?"

The three men looked at each other and nodded. "We're from National Police and Detective Association. We would like to speak to Choi Seunghyun."

"Oh, finally! My saviour!" 

An annoying voice was what welcomed him once he opened the doors to the dining hall. 

"Dami," his father reprimanded once Jiyong sat down on his right. "Put your arms down, we are in the dining table."

"But, father," his older sister whined, Jiyong looked up to see his mother in front of him cringing. She've always hated whining. "Our one and only prince is already here. He deserves a mighty and honorable welcome." every single one of her words drips with sarcasm and Jiyong rolled his eyes to that. 

Ignoring her daughter beside her, his mother turned to him with a sweet smile on her face. "Good morning, sweetheart. Had a good night's sleep?" 

"Fantastic." came his automatic answer that gained him three automatic reactions; The roll of his sister's eyes, his mother's cheshire grin and a pat from his father. 

The silence he hated everytime they're eating enveloped them once more and only the usual cling clangs of their spoons and forks made Jiyong sane until the door opened once more and Hye Yoon came in. 

"Hye Yoon!" his sister shouted excitedly. Dami and Hye Yoon have been friends ever since the latter was hired. Jiyong hated that at first but since he and Hye Yoon also became close, he can't really blame his sister for choosing Hye Yoon as a friend.

"Dami." came his mother's warning voice. Jiyong is always afraid of that voice.

Dami sighed at her mother and grinned at Hye Yoon even if the latter can't see as her head was already bowed.

Jiyong also sighed as he stared at his sister. He's always been envy of her because of her enthuasiasm, optimism and her rebellious side but her parents can't seem to get mad at her because her life isn't theirs anymore to control. Leaving Jiyong to deal with their over strictness. He tried to be like her sometimes but before he can even start, he's always backing out. He was and is always a coward. 

"-Jiyong? Are you listening?" 

He blinked and set his thoughts aside. "W-what?"

"Were you day dreaming, baby brother?" Jiyong rolled his eyes to that. 

"I'm sorry, mother. I was just thinking about...my Math homework." he assured her without breaking their eye contact. Dami simply scoffed. 

"Oh, my son even being responsible at this time in the morning, I taught you well." his father complimented and Jiyong slightly bowed. Dami scoffed again. 

"Well, tonight we have a guest coming over. The Ahns." 

He paled at his mother's statement. 

"I'm sorry, mother, did you say 'The Ants'?" Dami asked her mother 'innocently' when she noticed her brother stiffen. Hey, she might always tease Jiyong but she still loves him. Loves him so much to the point she protects her brother from those two ugly frogs that kept on seducing him. "I didn't know we welcome ants in the house." 

"Kwon Dami," his mother hissed. "That is not how we name our guests!"

Guests? He so badly want to roll his eyes and scoff. The Anhs just went for dinner here last two nights ago. They've been here 20 times a month. He's surprise his parents haven't got the Ahns their own rooms and asked them to live here. 

No, don't get him wrong. He always liked the Ahns and they met ever since he was a child. They were classy and professional and they treat him like their own family. Except for the Ahn sisters who treats him like he was a god or something. Everytime they're here or when his family and theirs are in that yearly ball both of the families host every December, Jiyong is always finding himself between the two sisters and it never fails to annoy him. 

"Oh, the lovable Ahns. I'm sorry, my ears defied me." Dami smiled sweetly to her mother before standing up. "Jiyong, come on. Hye Yoon, come to my room later, okay?" He saw Hye Yoon nod.  

He smiled and drank orange juice from his glass, enough to push what he just ate. 

"Where are you two going? We have not finished the meal." his father asked before he can stand. He sunk back to his seat. 

"I'm done and Jiyong needs my help in his 'Math problems' so I'm gonna go help him out. Don't want our prince to fail now, right, father?" she stated and winked at her brother. "Ji, you coming?" 

He looked at his parents for approval and when they sighed in approval, he stood up and bowed his infamous ninety-degree bow. 

"Don't forget to look your best tonight, Jiyong." his mother said. 

"Yes, mother." He bowed again and walked outside where his sister is laughing. 

"'The Ants'. Really, noona?" he asked when they started walking up the stairs and she was still laughing. 

She gave him a shove once she stopped. "Don't deny it, you love it." He chuckled at that. 

"What did she last say to you?" she asked once they arrived at the floor where only his room and his sister's room are. Yes, they have the whole floor  to themselves.

"Don't forget to look my best."

"Pfft! Look your best? But my baby always look his best!" she said and playful made kissing faces to him while tiptoeing. 

"Noona, you're so short!" He teased while playfully pushing her away. 

"Oh, you punk! You didn't just say that!" 

~

"Sit, sit, sit." his mother encouragingly said to their visitors. The three police men sat down on their family couch which was only big enough for two so they had to squish themselves to fit. 

Seunghyun plopped down on his usual sofa in front of the coffee table and he lazily laid back. 

Ugh. These men are delaying his time. He was supposed to meet his friend, Dong Wook, for some underground rap battle Seunghyun signed up for. 

Yes, he raps. That's where he spend his time whenever he feels not going to school or whenever he doesn't have classes for the day. He goes by the name 'Tempo' or 'T.O.P'. The name 'T.O.P' was given by Dong Wook and he's the only who calls him that. 

"What is it we can do to help you?" He heard his father ask. Both of his parents are standing at his right side with their hands clasped at their back. 

"Yesterday, a convenient store nearby experienced an armed robbery."

Seunghyun looked up . Armed robbery? Convenient store? He suddenly felt his breath stopped. 

"Do you know anything about that, Seunghyun-ssi?" 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

First chapter: UP! 

YAY YEY YIY YOY YUY! HOOOOOOOOORAY! BYE!

*jumps in a rabbit hole*