Suga- Just One Friday

A Game Called FEELS

Huk Arynn I don't know what this is but I hope you like it as much as I like you /greasy Jimin wink/ 

This is a continuation of 'Pink Shoes Stained'. Hmm that's about it v_v 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, wake up."

"Please? Wake up, please."

She couldn't move. There was something holding her down, a solid, heavy force grounding her wrists to the smooth floor. Arynn twisted her neck to the side. Her cheek came into contact with the coldness of marble, and her eyes blearily opened.

A pair of sparkly doe eyes peered back, expectant and impatient.

"Jungkook," Arynn moaned, letting her eyelids fall back shut. "Let go of me."

The youngster shook his head, and Arynn could feel the back and forth motion in the firm grip of his soft palms against her wrists. "I can't. I have to tell you something."

"Can it wait?" Arynn moaned into the floor. "I've just had the worst nightmare and just ughh-"

Suddenly, the restraints on her arms seemed to slacken just slightly before tightening again with resolve. "Noona..." Jungkook spoke carefully, the polite softness she had first associated the quiet boy with during their first meeting creeping its way back into his words. "It wasn't a dream. About Yoongi-hyung, I mean. He's really...it really did happen, just... just listen to me, okay?"

Somewhere along the way, Arynn had felt her limbs weaken against Jungkook's grip, and pressed her face further into the cool stone lining the ground. He didn't know what he was talking about. Of course it was a dream. She had woken up, hadn't she? She had woken up and Yoongi was alive and it wasn't even like some normal place to wake up, where was this with marble on the ground and and --

"You're dreaming right now. I don't really know where we are either, but I have to deliver a message."

She slightly lifted her head off the ground, enough to catch sight of Jungkook's familiar browns, anxious and worried as he tried to read her expression. "Yoongi...he's really dead?"

"Listen, okay, don't freak out, just listen, please." Jungkook leaned forward, fixing his gaze with so much seriousness on the girl that Arynn felt an affectionate tug somewhere in her chest, despite everything. He was always so concerned with doing a good job, even now in her dreams. "Yoongi is gone." He paused for a breath, not failing to take in the panic that had begun to pool in the corners of Arynn's eyes. "But he's being given one more chance, and it's you. Okay?"

"Okay?" Arynn repeated dumbly, rolling his words around on her tongue.

"Do you remember? The accident...it happened late Friday night, after the award celebration dinner we all had. You get one chance, noona. They're giving you six hours, that Friday afternoon and night, to save Yoongi."

"They?"

"The gods. I'm merely the messenger," Jungkook grinned boyishly, and Arynn blinked for a moment, before twisting her wrist just enough to pinch the skin on the younger boy's arm.

"Easy, angel boy. Did the gods say you could manhandle me, too?"

Jungkook relented, releasing his grasp on her thin wrists to allow Arynn to sit up. They were seated on an expanse of white marble on white in the air and no walls, just empty space.

"Is this even really happening? I bet it's a cruel joke, right, where I believe you and wake up and nothing's happened. Jeon Jungkook, are you lying to me?"

The maknae pulled his eyebrows together for a mock pout, but then all teasing lightness disappeared as he leaned closer, mouth set in a firm line. "Nope, I'm serious. You get one chance- half a day- to save hyung. If you don't, then we lose him forever. So please save him. We miss him, a lot." Jungkook paused, his eyes falling downwards. "I know you miss him, too. We all need Yoongi back." The younger glanced upwards, and when his eyes met hers his pupils suddenly faded to a medium transparency, as did the upper portion of his torso.  

"Wait." Arynn started, and her mind sputtered to a desperate stop. "What…? How do I do that? Jungkook, you have to help me, I can't be responsible- just save him like that, how?"

"Six hours, noona," Jungkook breathed, slowly disappearing, and by this point his voice drifted, nearly too faint to hear without straining. "By Friday."

“Friday.”

(6:00 pm)

“It’s our lucky Friday!” Jimin crowed, accidentally whipping Taehyung in the face with the studded sleeve of his leather jacket as the shorter boy the tiny glass trophy in the air. His best friend snickered, using his shoulder to purposefully jostle Jimin off balance from under the slick soles of the combat boots both wore.

“Aack, what if I had dropped it, you jerk?” Jimin sputtered as long fingers reached up to pry the award from his sweaty clutch. “Look, now you’ve made Namjoon hyung confiscate it and it’ll break before the night’s over-“

“Why don’t,” Namjoon interrupted dryly, pausing to roll his eyes at the not-so subtle jab from his dongsaengs, “we just let Arynn hold it while we get changed, kids? Seriously, shut up and get out of those costumes so we can eat.” The leader turned around to Arynn, placing the trophy in her hands. “Don’t give it back to them until the car, or we’ll really never leave.”

“Y-yeah.” Arynn nodded, glancing around as nonchalantly as she could manage. It was the same as it had been two weeks ago: the dirty whitewashed dressing room walls, the plastic vanity counters with round bulbs, and the boys, sweaty with performance and award show nerves.

“Noona, undo my tie for me?” Jungkook piped up, and Arynn stared hard at the boy as her fingers worked to automatically loosen the tied strip of fabric from his collar. “Um. Is my hair weird again or something?” Jungkook widened his eyes innocently, taking note of her concentration on his face. Across from him, Arynn furrowed her brow in confusion. So he didn’t recall what had happened in the dream, then? Her fingers slipped away easily as the knot broke free, pulling the tie off the shirt in a fluid motion.

“Nah, you look fine, Jungkookie.”

He grinned and nodded in thanks, turning around to retrieve his normal clothes from the messy heap upon the room’s couch. Arynn let a sigh slip gently under her breath. It looked like she was alone in this mission, then.

Suddenly, an arm slipped over her shoulder, warm weight leaning against her back. Alone, but…

“Hey.” Yoongi grinned quietly, squeezing Arynn’s shoulder as she gave a little shock.

“H-hey, yourself,” Arynn managed, and the scent of musky leather and spice invaded her nostrils. It’d only been two weeks since the accident, but seeing Yoongi again in person reminded her of the slight details of her boyfriend: the way his kohl eyeliner always smudged beneath his water line, how coppery his hair shone under the harsh lights, and the smirk that curled the corners of his lips when he found something amusing, like now.

“Why so startled, hmm? Or are you nervous in front of us now that we’ve won an award?”

Arynn choked back a laugh and rushed forward, pressing her cheek against the taller boy’s chest. “I missed you,” she blurted, breathing in and letting the words rush out in a single exhale.

“Hey…” Yoongi peered down at Arynn, her face partially obscured by the folds of his blazer. “Did something happen?”

Arynn paused, suddenly realizing what she had said. “I mean, I’m really proud of you guys.” She could feel Yoongi relax slightly with her words, and when he chuckled she could feel the vibrations from his chest against her own skin. “Well,” she added as an afterthought, extracting herself from Yoongi’s arms, “I might have missed my boyfriend a little when he was on stage rapping really ily…”

Yoongi cocked his head slightly, letting red-brown bangs fall between his eyes. “Really? Let me make it up to you, jagi.” He craned his neck closer to Arynn until their foreheads touched, hair and breaths mingling together. Arynn peered under her dark eyelashes at him, and returned the smile before he locked his lips over hers, playfully at her lower lip.

“They’re making out again.” Jimin complained to no one in particular.

 (7:45 pm)

“Cheers!” Glasses lined the air and Taehyung accidentally sloshed a little bit of his soda out of the cup as the clinking of glass resounded in the private restaurant room.

“Hey, watch it!”

“Oops, sorry hyeeeeong,” Taehyung trilled, and Suga frowned as he picked up Taehyung’s cup to sniff.

“Who gave this kid soju to drink?”

“Lighten up, Yoongi,” Hoseok laughed as he slapped his hyung heartily on the back. “We’re celebrating, so it’s okay for tonight!”

Jungkook perked up, eyes glimmering hopefully. “Wait, so hyung, can I-“

“No.” Hoseok deadpanned, as Yoongi snickered behind him.

Arynn glanced at the decorative clock above the table. Five more hours to go. Nothing had happened yet, and at this rate her best bet was to stall until the six hours passed without incident. She turned towards the dark haired dancer chatting animatedly beside her, and nudged him with her elbow. “Hey, Park Jimin, I’m getting bored. Should we play a game?”

Jimin twisted around in his seat, puppy eyes glittering. “A game, huh? Hey guys,” he raised his voice, breaking the noisy chatter of the other boys. “Let’s play a drinking game!”

“Says the kid drinking diet soda?” Namjoon raised his eyebrows.

“You know I can’t have alcohol if I want to keep my abs, hyung.” Jimin scowled, crossing his arms over his chest and jutting out his lower lip.

“How about this?” Arynn piped up, grabbing the pitcher of soju from under Namjoon. “We’ll take turns giving each other either a truth or dare, and you get the option to either answer the question or take a drink.”

“Okay,” Jimin grinned, “you first. What’s the farthest you’ve gone with Yoongi?”

Arynn rolled her eyes at the eager boy, tilting her head back to swallow a shot.

(9:30 pm)

“Do you like anyone?”

Jimin slapped his same age friend’s hand away from the practically empty pitcher. “Tae, you’re already dead drunk. Just answer the question, huh?”

“Uh…..yeah.” Taehyung nodded blearily, ignoring the catcalls of I knew it and what group is she in from the much more sober hyungs. Across from him, Arynn pushed away her glass and leaned back. She could start to feel her vision slide out of focus, and Taehyung’s voice and Jimin’s cackles sounded muffled, distant.

“Arynn, what’s wrong?”

She felt Yoongi’s eyes on her, but at the same moment her stomach lurched unpleasantly, sending her hunched forward with her forehead pressed against the cool side of the table. A strong arm suddenly pulled her upward onto her feet, and Arynn felt herself leaning heavily against someone. She could hear snippets of dialogue that drifted through the room, something to do with getting her home first but I’ll be back later you guys and no wait, take the kid with you too, he’s about to fall down.

“Arynn,” Yoongi muttered in her ear, his arm around her waist. “You must have had a bad reaction to the soju, so Taehyung is going to take you home first, okay?”

What? “Wait,” Arynn started, fingers fumbling with the sides of the taller boy’s windbreaker. “I’m- you can’t- no, I’m okay-“

“Hey, don’t worry.” Yoongi gently pulled on Arynn’s sleeve, leading her to the lobby of the restaurant with Taehyung trailing behind. “I’ll come home in an hour, and sooner if you need me. Make sure you drink some water or tea or something, right?” he added, eyebrow bending in concern as another wave of nausea bloomed in Arynn’s stomach, making her grip her sides even more tightly.

“Call me so I’ll know you got back safely, jagi. I love you.” And with a peck coupled with a crooked smile, Yoongi weaved his way back through the tables into the private room.

Come back, Arynn wanted to scream, but the dizziness made dry and too afraid to yell. What was she doing? She was wasting time, and Yoongi couldn’t leave on his own—she had to stop him, bring him back with her and keep him safe until midnight.

“Hey,” Taehyung mumbled, misreading the panicked expression on his friend’s face. “I’m no Yoongi, but this isn’t that bad, right? Come on, let’s get back home. I’ll make you tea, and we can just chill until the others get back.”

The next thing she can register is leather seats- a taxi, probably, or just the company car- the unlocking of heavy dorm doors, and then burrowing deep beneath soft comforters and velvet mattresses. The bed is so so soft, and Arynn felt her eyelids slowly sliding further and further down as the mattress creaked beside her, a heavy weight settling into place.

 A clearing of the throat. “Hey,” Taehyung murmured, and Arynn felt a thumb brush the hair from her face. “You don’t see it, do you?”

Arynn held her breath slightly as the boy retracted his hand, letting it rest a few inches from her pillow. Did he think she was asleep? He certainly didn’t show any signs of stopping talking.

“I’ll never win, will I.” The words spoke like a statement, rather than a question as the orangette leaned against the bed’s headboard, thinking. “Because you don’t see me, not like you see Yoongi hyung.”

Beside him, Arynn laid perfectly still. Was Taehyung saying what she thought he was?

“-even admitted to liking someone, and you didn’t even blink. Is it because you don’t even think of me like that? Or do you already know?”

“Know what?”

Taehyung jolted at the sound of Arynn’s voice, sliding half-way off the mattress and gripping the corners of the bedframe hard. “Geez,” he croaked, “you scared me. A-aren’t you supposed to be knocked out or something…?”

“I was planning to be, but someone wouldn’t stop talking,” Arynn fired back with as much authority as she could manage, “might as well tell me what you’re talking about, Tae.”

Taehyung turned a pretty shade of pink, wide eyes roaming up and down Arynn’s face to read her raised eyebrows and expectant stare. He shifted his weight in bed, and the box springs creaked. “H-how much…how much did you hear?”

“Enough. Spill it, Tae-tae.”

“I like you,” Taehyung blurted, and his eyes locked on Arynn’s defiantly. “Okay? Not that it matters, because you have Yoongi hyung. I mean, it’s lame, because what, it’s been like two years, so I should probably get over myself-“

“Wait,” Arynn pulled herself up in bed, ignoring the headache gnawing against her temple. “You’ve liked me for two years? How come I didn’t know until now?”

Taehyung hung his head, staring into the logo of his thin t-shirt. “I don’t know,” he said, and something about the way his voice suddenly sounded thick and tight made Arynn tentatively reach out to his shaking shoulder under cool cotton fabric. “I’ve tried so hard, but you’ve never noticed at all.”

(10:45 pm)

A pause.

“Forget I said anything,” Taehyung mumbled, sliding his legs out from under the covers.

“Wait!” Arynn blurted, and her hand shot out instinctively to stop Taehyung from turning away. He turned his head slightly but still refused to meet her eyes, keeping his gaze stuck on the wrinkles of the sheets below.

"Stay here," Arynn mumbled. The covers between them shifted, and suddenly Taehyung felt cool bare skin against his, and solid weight against his side as Arynn suddenly fell forward.

"Hey, don't--" Taehyung said, but then his best friend's lips pressed against his and swallowed any objections lingering on the tip of his tongue. Arynn's hands flitted under his shirt in a second, twisting the thin cotton fabric around fingers and ghosting across the lean muscle of his stomach.  Taehyung leaned back, letting his body grow accustomed to Arynn's touch. Her hands wandered across his skin in purposeful and steady , but something about the way Arynn's mouth set in a line and her eyes opened wider lent an edge of desperation to the action.

"Arynn," Taehyung breathed, but his breath hitched as her fingers moved down to occupy themselves with the buckle of his belt. She quickly disposed of the belt and helped him shimmy out of his shorts. He glanced up to see a smirk play across his friend's face as her gaze flitted over his boxer-clad body, and Taehyung leaned forward to catch Arynn's mouth in his. He ran his tongue over her bottom lip, jerking back with a surprised mewl when he felt a sudden soft bite on his own lip. Arynn's smile curled at the corners of her lips, and she teasingly chewed the bottom of her lip at Taehyung. He didn't mean to do it- couldn't remember it happening- but in between lips and tongue, his own fingers scrabbled against the thin material of her shirt, and next the metal hooks that unclasped between her slight shoulder blades. He didn't have to glance down to see her skirt pooled on the floor, the sateen material rippling against hardwood.

Arynn crouched above the orange-haired boy, both of them breaking free from the liplock to catch a breath.

"Arynn." Taehyung panted softly, glancing upwards to meet his questioning brown eyes to the emptiness behind her own large eyes. "Are you sure-?"

Arynn shifted backwards, looking down at her hands against Taehyung's bare skin, speckled with a few faint freckles. His chest gently rose and deflated with each breath, and she could feel a faint frantic pulsing of heartbeat under his left rib. "Yeah."

Taehyung slowly nodded, stretching out to grasp her hips with his warm hands. "Okay. If you want." He let his head fall back as Arynn leaned forward and pressed hard kisses against the pale skin on the base of his neck, and closed his eyes when she glanced at him.

"Taehyung," Arynn whispered. 

The gangly boy shifted, propping himself up on elbows and knees to let his head fall heavy on her chest, lips tasting her own collarbones. One hand slid downwards to cradle her hip, and she felt him pressing, needing, against the inside of her thighs.

"Tae," Arynn spoke, feeling her voice catch as he suddenly gasped softly into her chest, long fingers squeezing against her own.

He pulled his weight up for a brief second, rocking forward to position himself above Arynn so his chest met her head, lean arms caging her body into his protectively.

"Taehyung. W-wait..."

He looked up when Arynn wrapped her hands against his biceps, applying an urgent pressure against the muscles. "What," he ventured quietly, phrase punctuated by light panting. "You've changed your mind?"

Arynn kept her eyes fixated on the goosebumps against Taehyung's bare arm, not daring to look up and see whatever emotion was reflected through his pupils. A moment of silence later, Taehyung lifted himself into a sitting position, turning to scoop his boxer briefs off the ground and slip them on, in one leg and then another.

"Are you mad?" Arynn heard her whispering, voice smaller than she had intended. She felt more small like this, , nervous, and suddenly feeling homesick for someone else.

The boy beside her shook his head, orange wisps of mussed hair shifting from the movement. "Nah. Just feeling kind of stupid, you know?" He smiled, a cracked half-grin that didn’t reach his eyes.

Arynn paused, letting her eyes trace the soft curve of the boy’s in white light from the windowsill. "Tae...sorry. I wasn't thinking straight, I guess, and-"

“What the hell?”

(11:00 pm)

Yoongi stood square in the doorway, apartment keys still dangling from a key ring around his finger.

“Hyung...” Taehyung said weakly, as Arynn scrabbled for her shirt on the bedroom floor. She could see the way Yoongi’s eyes appraised the scene, and the older boy turned without another word.

“Wait, Yoongi, please listen!” Arynn called desperately, catching sight of a disappearing beanie through the dorm entrance and the rattling of the shelves against the hard slam of the door. Arynn flung the door back open and skidded into the hallway, following the stomping sounds of boots to run down the stairs and find Yoongi leaving the lobby, cell phone clutched too tightly in one hand and the other hand a tight fist, all white knuckles and veins in wrist.

“Yoongi, stop!” Arynn cried, skidding to a stop in front of her boyfriend.

“What?” Yoongi growled, taking a step forward. Arynn took a half step back. “I only came because you never called me to say you got home safely. I was worried, but then I see you and Taehyung clearly busy so I’m sorry for interrupting, jagi.”

“No, that’s not…I didn’t mean for…please,” Arynn stuttered, feeling little droplets of new rain dot the skin of her cheeks. “Yoongi, you have to stay with me. You can…you can yell at me and fight and break up later, tomorrow, but tonight you have to stay here because you have to be safe.” Arynn breathed and realized she was gulping panicked swallows of air, chest heaving and hands shaking.

Yoongi slowly shook his head. “Sorry, but I can’t. It ends tonight, like this, babe.” Just beyond the complex gates, the company car rolled into view, the boys’ manager at the wheel.

(11:20 pm)

The car skidded to a stop on the slick asphalt, and Yoongi turned, an arm stretched out to unlock the door.

The rain seemed to fall in slow motion, and Arynn darted forward, muscles tensing from the loss of traction against the wet road and the sudden burst of speed that spurred her forward, into the door of the car that Yoongi pulled open and Arynn pulled shut almost instantaneously, locking the doors before the rapper had time to react.

“Manager, I need you to hurry and leave!” Arynn shouted, and Yoongi slammed his fist against the heavily tinted windows of the van. Bewildered, the manager pulled out of the driveway and let the car screech away, tire marks smearing against the pavement. Once on the plush leather seats, Arynn brought her knees up against her chest, ignoring the way the seat belt cut into her arms. She had stopped him from getting into the van, but how much time did she have before he hailed a taxi? It was only a matter of time, like everything…what if her last memory of him was of him, eyes dark and disappointed. Arynn let out a shuddering breath, rocking herself slowly as her eyes squeezed shut. Everything was going to be okay everything was going to be okay everything was going to be okay…

“Where did you want me to stop?” the manager twisted around in his seat to ask the younger girl, just as the stop light flashed green. The car’s motor purred, and the wheels squealed against the excess rain moisture pooling around the slipping tires.

Suddenly, the car jerked forward and Arynn felt herself being thrown forcefully against the driver’s seat in front of her, neck snapping down to meet the bright LED lights of her wristwatch. Oh.

(11:59 pm)

You did it, noona.” Jungkook’s voice drifted in and out of her ear, along with a high-pitched, cracking noise that sounded too much like glass panes shattering into a thousand needle sharp shards.

She didn’t feel pain-couldn’t- as her nerves short-circuited before they could receive any signals as the bright flashing lights and siren wails behind Arynn’s eyelids melted into blankness.

(Time: unknown)

beep

beep

beep

“Hey, wake up. Please?”

“Jungkook?” Arynn croaked, throat dry. There was something heavy weighing on her wrists, and all the muscles in her body screamed as she tried to shift more comfortably from her lying position.

“No,” someone above her said. “Why would it be Jungkook?”

That voice. Arynn forced her eyes open, squinting momentarily at the harsh white light that shone from the light fixture above her bed. She blinked, and when her eyes readjusted a tall metal pole came into focus, IV drip running wires down the floor and up the bed into her wrists.

“Hi,” the same voice murmured, and she turned her head around to be greeted by two boys seated on foldable metal chairs, the orange haired boy on the verge of tears and the shorter one fatigued, with dark eye bags and rumpled clothes. “You’re awake.”

“Yeah,” Arynn breathed.

Exactly at that moment, Taehyung burst into tears, flinging himself over the petite girl and causing the metal sidebars of the bed to shake. “I’m- I’m so sorry, if I hadn’t-“ he gasped, and took in a shaky gulp, “if I had just kept my mouth shut, then we wouldn’t have- and none of this would have happened, you wouldn’t have left in that car, and, and…”

“Wait,” Arynn started, placing a heavily needled hand on Taehyung’s shoulder under Yoongi’s sharp gaze, “you aren’t mad at me?” Taehyung whipped his head back and forth, and from her vantage point lying down Arynn could clearly see the smudges of heavy eyeliner that spilled beneath his lower eyeline.

“No,” Taehyung said. “You don’t understand, we thought- we thought we had lost you, almost, when they first brought you in here and we got the phone call,” and his usually deep voice cracked a little.

“Tae,” Yoongi said soothingly. “Why don’t you go call the others? Let them know she’s awake now.”

“Okay.” Taehyung clasped Arynn’s hand between his own, giving a little squeeze before he ducked out of from the curtained bed.

As the younger boy left, Arynn turned her attention to Yoongi, who met her gaze readily. He didn’t seem angry the way he had been when they had fought that night, just tired but he had smiled anyway when she had first woken up, all dark eyes and dark circles.

“Scootch over,” a voice suddenly demanded from above her resting position, and Arynn awkwardly shifted her body weight to one side of the bed with her elbows before Yoongi crawled over the bars and unto the mattress, drawing the thin hospital blankets up over both their bodies. The copper haired boy turned his face to meet her eyes, and his gaze was serious. “Two nights ago,” he started, and Arynn felt herself squirming a little under the intensity of his stare. “Two nights ago, you almost died. Really. When they got to the scene of the accident your heart stopped for a few seconds.”

As the words sunk in, Arynn finally looked down at herself. Bundles of plaster casing surrounded her left arm and leg, while gauze bandages of various sizes peppered the slivers of skin visible underneath the cheap cloth gown. An array of tapes held needles in her right wrist, and she suddenly became aware of a faint, constant beeping in the background.

“Like Tae said,” Yoongi whispered, hand tightly grasping Arynn’s cast-less hand, “I really thought I had lost you, and over a stupid fight too. Sorry,” he exhaled, quickly pulling his hand back at the sight of tears pooling in Arynn’s large brown eyes. “Did I hurt you? Should I call the nurse?”  

“No,” Arynn swallowed, and as she bit her lip the tears traveled salty trails down her cheek. “Just, like I said earlier, I really missed you. A lot.”

“Yeah?” Yoongi smiled, leaning down carefully so as not to put any unnecessary pressure on her arms. “I missed you too.”

Arynn felt a smile crack the corners of as her boyfriend dipped a little closer, lips inches from hers. “How much did you miss me?”

“This much,” Yoongi whispered as he inhaled, momentarily stealing her breath before pressing his mouth into hers, fingers tracing lines against the bare skin of her forearm lightly.

Behind the curtain, the squeal of sneakers announced the approach of the rest of the members as familiar voices bounced off the sterile walls of hospital corridor. Yoongi broke apart from the kiss, glancing upwards toward the door at the commotion. “Ah- we should stop,” he said quietly, flushed.

Arynn hummed in agreement, before reaching out to tug at Yoongi’s sleeve. “Right after I let you know how much I missed you too,” she smiled, and leaned in for another kiss of many to come.