Ending Page, 1088 .

Ending Page, 1088 .
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ending Page, 1088.

 

“Why isn’t he answering his phone for the ten thousandth time?” Eunbi heaved a heavy sigh as she drop her phone next to her on the bed, drawing circles with her delicate fingers on the floral bed sheet that he bought for her on her birthday. She smiled at those memories. Everything she sees reminded her of him. It has been long since they went on a date, a real date instead of a 5minutes long chatting session where they would get interrupted with a business call.

 

Back in the days when they just go together, 8th May 2011. She remembered clearly that it was a sunny afternoon in the late spring, when he, whom Eunbi had a crushed on since forever, confessed to her in the middle of her early birthday celebration. She could still feel how her stomach would do flip flops when she saw him in school, how her lips would curve up when she sees him in the morning. However, it has been a long time since those happened. She hardly gets to feel shy around him anymore, when he’s not even there for her to be shy.

 

They’re still sophomores in their university but he was already expected to be working part time at his dad’s company, well, he was going to inherit the Wu Corporations as soon as he graduates anyways. It was good to get him warmed up early but, it was getting too much. Seeing him once two weeks was like the best gift you could give Eunbi already. Can you imagine how busy he is? Handling both school and work.

 

She tried to be understanding, she really tried, but, she’s tired of trying so hard, she’s tired, mentally and physically. Was it that hard to just give her 1minute of his time on his phone to tell her and assure that he still loves her and he misses her more than she does? Or, he could have sent a goodnight text before he sleeps. Was he that tired from work that he couldn’t even do that? She wondered every night if he still remembers her existence, if he still loves her.

 

--

 

He sighed again, frustrated and stressed by the amount of work to be done, including school work. He had so much to handle and Kris could not imagine how it would be like once he takes over the company in two years’ time. The work was such a pain in the . All the crappy business meetings that bore the hell out of him, he still had to bite his jaw and endure it. Work given to him was only dragging him away from doing things he loved, writing music and seeing her, Eunbi.

 

Sometimes, he hung his head low, guilty, as he could feel how distant he and she became. And who was to be blamed? Him. He was tired every day, waking up to be rushing to classes and ending school to be rushing to meetings, ending work late at night, sometimes he would just fall asleep without bathing. He reminded himself again and again to be contacting her soon but being so stressed, he forgets.

 

Seeing the miss calls and texts from Eunbi day by day, Kris’ heart ached. He could see how the calls and texts gets lesser as months flew by. He wanted to make up for it but how? He felt that he did not deserve to face her and call her his. Sometimes he wondered if she still loves him as much as she did last time, he was scared to lose her, afraid that she would give up in the end. Because he still loves her.

 

He didn’t want her hurt.

 

--

 

It was the end of April 2014, it was already a year since Kris started working, since everything got so messed up, since their relationship got so bland. It got better th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter