Chapter 1: My World

Ups and Downs (Chanyeol fanfic)
As I slowly open my eyes, rays of sunshine blind me of looking straight. I am still extremely tired. Did I get enough sleep last night? Probably not. My mind was racing thinking about this day. The beginning of hell. Also known as, the first day of school. 
 
I got up looking blankly at my clock that read 6:00. Glancing at my room; the packed up, taped up boxes, dirty clothes on the floor and the new school uniform I have to wear hanging on my hamper. 
 
I slipped on the navy blue skirt that reaches my knees and my beige school sweater and headed for the bathroom. 
 
I switched on the lights and faced the mirror revealing the hideous creature standing before me. I quickly combed my short hair out of my face, unknotting the tangles within it and quickly brushed my teeth. 
 
I headed downstairs in my father office. I opened the set of doors and saw my father laying face down on his desk with countless numbers of beer bottles on it and on the ground. I stare at him blankly, it meant nothing to me. 
 
Since my mother has died from heart cancer my father has always been like this. Going to parties, clubbing, drinking you name it, he did it all. 
 
I walked towards him and shook his shoulder. In his hand I saw a portrait of my mom in a frame. Oh how I miss her. He groaned and started to get up. 
 
"Ah... Clara.... It's you" he said in a fake loving tone, putting on a small smile. 
 
I glanced at his desk clock and it was already past seven. 
 
"Hey dad, today's my first day of school, I'm gonna grab breakfast and get going" I said as I walked out of the office. 
 
"Your lunch money is on the table in the kitchen, have a great first day" he replied in a dry voice. 
 
"Yeah I will"
 
As I made my way to the kitchen I heard him mumble,
 
"Our little girl has grown up so fast huh? Honey I miss you so much"
 
I quickly tossed bread in the toaster. It popped up and I made my way to the door with the slice in my mouth. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my bag. I looked back at the opened doors to my dad's office and the glanced to the picture hanging on the wall of my mother. I opened the door and left the house. 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a good thing the school was just walking distance from my house. 
 
I started to think. It's my fourth time moving to a new place. The fourth time I have to go through this. 
 
I made my way to the school, finding groups of friends laughing and having a good time. I sighed, 
 
'When have I ever done that' I thought. 
 
I awkwardly made my way inside searching for the main office. The halls were empty since everyone was out in the fields. I looked down to the floor and started walking again. 
 
Suddenly I bumped into someone causing me to stumble and fall. 
 
"Hey watch where you're going!!" The one I bumped into screamed. 
 
There were two girls, one on each side standing beside her. Typical girly snob group. The girls looked at me and laughed hysterically. 
 
"Look at her she's pathetic!" One of them said. 
 
"Don't waste your time on her, Chiru. I mean LOOK at her!"
 
They walked away from me laughing and giggling. 
 
My first day is already like this. I can't wait to see how the rest of the year is going to play out for me. 
 
I dusted off my skirt and continued to look for the main office. 
 
Once I found it I quietly walked in. The secretary saw me and had a blank expression on. 
 
"Are you Lee Clara?" She asked with a flat tone. 
 
"Um.... Yes, I'm Lee Clara" I replied hesitantly. 
 
"Well, Ms. Lee. It says in your files that you are a honoured student. We are looking foreword to having you in this school" she changed her flat tone into a more excited one. 
 
"I will show you to your classroom now, class is almost starting" she said. 
 
She walked past me clicking her heels down the hall and I followed. 
 
We made it to room 204. 
 
As she opened the door to let me in. For some reason while I was entering I felt like my world was going to change.
 
 
(A.N: hehe, first chapter. I'm sorry that it's boring but it will get interesting somehow😝)