Be Mine [One-Shot]

Be Mine [One-Shot]

 

Be Mine

She fell for the wrong guys, got hurt both physically and emotionally but that didn’t stop her from loving another wrong guy. She never learned her lesson and everyone never understood why. He watched her from afar; cared for her from afar and loved her from a distance. He refused to fall for someone else; he made a vow to love only one person, her. Every heartbreak and every beating, he was always there to wipe the tears away. “I thought he was the one.” Those were the words that would always come out of whenever she cries on his shoulder. He remembered how sad and fragile she looked whenever she cried; how she would always cuddle on her couch with her teddy bear and Hello Kitty blanket. He couldn’t stand seeing the tears on her pale, beautiful face but what else can he do? He told her to wait for The One while she chose to search for him in the wrong places. Why can’t she see him more than just a friend? Why can’t she see that he’s the one for her? Why must she be blinded by the luxury that other guys give her? He never understood what she wanted in a guy; her standards change from time to time and it was hard to keep up.

 

It was 5 in the afternoon and he was still in bed; the sheets were scattered on the bed and his leg was hanging on the side of his bed. There was a party at his friend’s house last night and they got wasted; it’s surprising that he even managed to drive home without getting into an accident. He’s a deep and messy sleeper; it takes a lot of work just to wake him up. He was half and his abs was visible; suddenly, his phone started ringing. He designated a different ringtone just for her so he knew that she’s the one calling; he grabbed his phone from his nightstand, as he still laid on his bed and answered the phone. “Hello.” He mumbled and he heard her crying on the other end. He immediately sat up and rubbed his eyes; “Hey, is everything okay?” He asked her. She continued to sob and his chest tightened; another guy broke her heart again. “Do you want me to come over?” He asked her; “Please.” She mumbled. They said goodbye to each other and he immediately grabbed a shirt from his drawers. He grabbed the jeans that was on the floor and stormed out of his apartment; reaching for his car keys inside his pocket, he managed to cross the street and safely got in his car. He drove off to her house and knocked on her door; he knocked a few more times and she slowly opened her door. Her eyes were puffy and red while her face was pretty swollen; her hair was a mess and she was dragging her blanket around her apartment. He stepped inside her apartment and she threw her arms around his waist; he could feel his shirt getting soaked by her tears but it didn’t bother him. He gently her hair and pulled her closer; “I’m here. Everything will be fine.”

 

She slept on his lap as he played with her hair. All that crying made her exhausted and he told her to sleep for a while; there were tear stains on her cheeks and his shirt was still wet. He didn’t bother to ask what happened; he didn’t want to know how that jerk broke her heart. All he wanted to know is if she will be okay or not; “naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, eo? naega neol geokjeonghae, eo?”He sang in her ear and he noticed a small smile on her lips. Every time he would sing to her, she would smile and feel a lot better; there was something in his voice that made her feel safe and she liked it. After he finished singing, she rubbed her eyes and smiled at him; “Hey.” She said and he smiled back at her. “Hey.” He said as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear. She sat up and scooted next to him; she put her head on his shoulder and he played with her hair. “Thank you.” She whispered and he nodded; “I’m always here for you.” He said and she smiled. They stared at each other’s eyes for a long time and she felt something in her; her heart started beating really fast and so did his. Slowly, he leaned closer to her and his lips touched hers; his eyes slowly closed but hers grew bigger. Shocked by his actions, she pushed him away and slapped him on the face; he was shocked by what she did and she stood up. “Get out.” She said and he stared at her; “Get out!”

 

After that day, they slowly drifted apart; she didn’t bother to call him while he tried to call her whenever he’s available. She tried her best to avoid him while he tried his best to get in touch with her; he knew this was going to happen. She never shared the same feelings as he does; she only saw him as a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. He picked up his phone and dialed her number again; he knew her number by heart, in case he loses his phone. He waited for her to pick up the phone but she didn’t; it went straight to her voicemail. Hi! I’m not available right now so just leave me a message~ Bye! Her voice was like music to his ears and he wanted to hear it again; he hung up and sighed. Did he do the right thing? Are they still friends? He took his phone out and stared at her picture; he took it when they went to the carnival. He won the teddy bear for her and she promised him that she would always hug the bear whenever she misses him. In the picture, she used the teddy bear to cover half her face; only revealing her cute eyes while he was looking at her. Out of all the pictures that he took, that particular picture was his absolute favorite. He smiled as he touched the screen then frowned again when he realized that it might never happen again; he may never take her to the carnival again.

 

Meanwhile, she was on the couch as she hugged the teddy bear that he gave her; she felt bad for not answering his calls but she needed some time to think. She stared at the teddy bear that he won for her and her heart started beating fast; what’s wrong with her? She placed her hand on her chest and took a deep breath; maybe she’s feeling sick? She sat up and took another deep breath; she grabbed her cellphone and stared at her cell phone screen. He hasn’t called her yet; maybe he’s busy? Then again, why does she care if he calls or not? Shouldn’t she be happy that he stopped bothering her? “I should be happy.” She told herself but she sighed; “But why do I feel so…empty?” She tried her best to forget about him even for just a second but she was unsuccessful; why does she keep thinking of him? Why is her head filled with memories of him? To keep herself occupied, she went to her kitchen and decided to cook something; she looked inside the cupboards but didn’t find anything but ramen. Ramen. He really loves ramen. She mumbled and immediately shook her head.  Stop thinking of him. She boiled some water then put the ramen noodles in; before the noodles were fully cooked, she grabbed a frying pan and cooked chicken on one side and green peppers plus carrots on the other side. After it was done, she poured the seasoning and soy sauce on the toppings then added the noodles and cooked it more. Lastly, she put the noodles plus the toppings in a bowl then poured the soup. She stared at the bowl and smiled; he taught her to cook it this way. She never succeeded the first time but she finally did it; due to so much excitement, she grabbed her phone and immediately dialed his number when she realized what she was about to do. She put her phone in her pocket and sighed; carefully grabbing the bowl, she walked towards the dining room and started eating. She quietly ate her food and realized how sad she was; usually, they would eat ramen together but this is the first time that she ate it by herself.

 

Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, eo? naega neol geokjeonghae, eo?His phone started ringing and he arched his eyebrow; who would call him at a time like this? Usually, she would call him at this time but not anymore; she ignored him so he didn’t expect her calls anymore. He checked his phone and was shocked when he saw her name on his screen; “She called?” He asked himself as he tried to call her again but she didn’t pick up her phone. A frown formed on his lips and put his phone down; maybe she accidentally called the wrong number. Tonight is a rainy night so he decided to eat ramen; as he prepared the ramen, he couldn’t but remember the times when he would teach her how to do it. She’s a natural klutz; the type of girl you who shouldn’t be around stuff, especially sharp objects. The first time he taught her, she burned the vegetables and chicken. The second time he taught her, she overcooked the noodles and lastly, she forgot about the boiling water that she almost burned her entire apartment. Just thinking about it made him laugh; he couldn’t believe that she almost burned her apartment because she forgot about the boiling water. As soon as the ramen was done, he took his bowl to the table and was about to eat when he noticed a familiar figure outside. What is she doing out there? It’s raining, for Heaven’s sake! She could get sick! He dropped his chopsticks on the table and grabbed an umbrella; he ran down about 15 flights of stairs and ran towards her. She was soaked from head to toe and her head was down; he slowly walked towards her and opened the umbrella. She wondered why the rain suddenly stopped and looked up, only to see him standing in front of her. Her eyes were really red and puffy; how long was she standing outside. Reaching for her face, he wiped her tears away using his thumb and she bit her lower lip. “I miss you.” She whispered and he smiled; “I miss you, too.” He said and she smiled. Suddenly, she hugged him on the waist and he smiled; she buried her face on his chest and the smile grew bigger. He her soaked hair and kissed the top of her head; “Be mine?” He asked. She looked at him with a smile on her lips and he knew the answer; Yes.


 

Author's Note:
Not as good as I thought it would be. I tried my best to make it perfect but I kept getting distracted! T.T
*cough* my mom kept making do stuff for her. *cough*