Comeback blues

Comfort

Yonghwa POV

 

 

After our first comeback stage on Thursday, our manager was sending us back to our dorm at around eleven p.m. My personal phone rang and I saw that it was Jessica. I sat up with a start. I saw that the other three guys were sleeping and seeing that it is safe, I picked up the call.

"Yoboseyo?" I said softly.

"Yonghwa? Why are you speaking so softly? Are you busy?" she said. 

"I almost reached our dorm and the guys are sleeping. How can I help? Is there another fused light bulb?" I said.

"Nope, just that some of us want to talk to you. Can you pop by our dorm later?" she asked.

To be honest, I was quite tired and I wanted to go back as early as possible to rest. Then again it is Jessica, one who has lent me her shoulders when I needed it the most, whispering comforting words to me when I most needed it. 

"Of course I can pop by. Are the rest asleep? Are you all hungry? Do I need to get food for you all?" I asked in rapid succession.

"Are you like psychic? Erm there are like five of us here and we were deciding to cook some ramyun. However if you want to treat us to some supper, we most definitely would not mind." she cheekily replied.

I laughed out and I saw the guys stirred awake and they were rubbing their eyes.

"Alright then, I presume fried chicken is what you gluttons want right? I will be there in 20 mins time with the food I guess. I'm around the fast food restuarant. See you later! Bye bye." I hang up quickly as I know Jessica will scold me for calling them gluttons. 

"Hyung, who was that?" Minhyuk asked.

"Ehhhhhhhhh, since when did you become a busybody?" I said, trying to change the topic as I did not want to let him know where I am going lest he misunderstands.

After informing my manager and them three that I will be home late as I was visiting the SNSD girls. I alighted from the mini van and went to buy enough food to feed 5 gluttonous pigs and me. I slowly walked back to our dorm after I collected the food. I was thinking what they want to talk to me about along the way back. I pressed the 10 button when I entered the lift. A wave of nostalgia hit me as I stepped out of the lift and walked to their unit. It looked like the unit didnt change, 2 pots of plants were still outside the unit since I last visited. I pressed the doorbell and sticked my face at the security camera. I barely had to wait as the shouts of "Yong Seobang~~~" came through the door. Jessica opened the door for me and Tiffany gave me a brief hug before relieving me of the food.

"Thanks for popping by. It's been a while. How have you been?" Jessica said and gestured me to go first.

*PIAK* I felt a stinging pain at my back. She slapped me. Tsk. I should have known that was coming.

"That is for calling us gluttons."she said in a cold voice.

"Ouch, should I call you female Kang Ho Dong instead? You do have quite the strength." I chuckled.

"Oppa! Stop stirring the hornet's nest!" Yoona told me when she saw Jessica reaching in to pinch me. 

Yoona hugged me before pulling me inside to the living room. It just felt like I was here yesterday. Nothing changed. The beige colour sofa. The 42 inch LCD tv. Sigh. I saw Yuri and Sunny on the sofa. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Yuri, Soonkyu." I said.

Sunny came over and I was expecting a slap too for my cheekiness since I do know that she does not like people to call her by her real name. Instead all I got was a fierce bear hug.

"Yonghwa! It has been a long time since I last saw you. How are you?" she said.

I realised that it really has been a long time since I catch up with some of the SNSD members. I will make it a point to visit them more often as I do miss their company.

"Thanks for buying us food! Come let us all go to the dining table, we can catch up more on Yonghwa's recent happenings."Yuri said, not before giving me a pat on my shoulder.

I was about to make my way to the dining table when Jessica pulled my arm and give me a one arm hug. I hugged her back and was about to pull away when she whispered "Is Minhyuk really interested in my sister?" Ha, the ice queen really never seem to amaze and surprise me.

"Yes he is. He is a good kid although he can't be compared to me. You can entrust your sister to him. If he misbehaves, I will be the first one to punish him." I said, trying to assure her that it is okay for them two to date.

"Thanks alot." she said and tightened her hug and let go after awhile.

"Hey you two! Are you done gossiping!" Sunny shouted.

"Coming!" I replied and gently pushed Jessica in the direction of the dining table.

We started eating when Jessica and I sat down. They talked about their comeback plans and about my album. It really felt that we last saw each other yesterday with the comfort level they are showing me. I was super full at the end of it as they could not finish their share and all of them piled their leftovers to my plate. "Better you being fat than us" was what they said. Looks like I need to hit the gym soon.

"Oppa, come let us go to the living room to chat some more. You dont have early schedule tomorrow right?" Yoona asked.

"I just have to prepare for my comeback stage at ardound 3pm." I replied.

"Oppa then you will not mind if we have a chat before you go back right? It's been a while since we talked like this and we miss you." she said.

I agreed and sat down. Yoona passed me a cup of coffee and sat down next to me. We talked about our comebacks, about our activitites and then the golden topic came.

"Have you moved on Yonghwa?" Yuri said.

"Erm, yes I have." I said after awhile. They were close to me so there is no need to hide that fact from them I guess. I am not going to tell them who I am with now though as Shinhye requested me to not tell anyone.

"Really? I'm so happy for you. Must have been someone to help you through it right?" Sunny gushed.

I caught Yoona's eyes and smiled. Okay maybe I will just let Yoona figure it out on her own. Jessica, Tiffany were looking quite shocked at what I said while Yuri and Sunny were almost beaming at me.

"Yes and no I guess. I figured some stuff out myself and talked to others. So you can say its some people who helped me through it." I said and gave a small smile in the direction of Jessica and Tiffany. I quickly wrapped things up.

"Ah, look at the time now. 2a.m. I guess it's time for me to go. The rest of your group still working?" I said and stood up.

"They went out to drink I guess. She isn't the same person after Kyuhyun ditched her. So we take turns to take care of her. By taking care means babysitting her." Yuri said.

I stopped in my tracks. I wanted to ask how did it turned out to be this way, she is a nice person and things really should not turn out this way. 

"Things will be fine Oppa, in time I guess. In the meantime, you should not worry. I will fill you in the details the next time we meet alright?" Yoona said with an air of finality.

After wearing my shoes, I turn back to see all five of them at the doorway. I wanted to say goodbye to them when Yoona hugged me fiercely.

"Come visit us again! You did not contact any of us after that happened. We really missed having you around."Yoona said. 

"I do treat you all as family already. It was just that I was going through a rough patch then. I promise to visit more often." I said without letting go of Yoona. I ruffled her hair and waved at the rest.

"Bye! Hope to see you next week when you all comeback!" I said and walked to the lift. Chorus of "Bye!" and "See you Yonghwa/Oppa" could be heard as they closed the door. 

I decided to walk up two floors instead of taking the lift. I reached the dorm in no time. I slipped off my shoes and took off my socks. i went into the kitchen to throw my socks into the basket for dirty clothes when Minhyuk called me.

"Hyung! Shinhye noona called you. You left your mobile in the minivan and I brought it up for you. I told her that you went to visit Snsd and that you could be home late. When she asked me why did you go, I said that you were buying food for them like last time." Minhyuk said.

I did a double take at what he said.

"Why did you tell her that! You could have left out the like last time part!" I said agiatedly.

"Eh Hyung? What is going on?" he said in concern.

I just snatched my phone from him and unlocked it. Four messages from Kakaotalk.

Hey dear~~~~ how is the comeback? 
You must be tired right? Are you sleeping? 
Call me when you can, I'm worried.
Do not call me. Have fun with her.

I dialled her number and it directed me to voicemail. I saw that Minhyuk is looking at me with worry in his eyes. I typed Sorry baby, I went over to SNSD dorm to talk to Yoona, Sunny, Tiffany, Jessica and Yuri. It has been a while since I talked to them. I forgot about my phone. I should have informed you before I went. So sorry! Please do not be angry! and I hit the send button. I turned to Minhyuk wanting to tell him it's alright but my emotions took the better of me.

"You know I put in a good word for you just now and this is how you repay me?" I said and stormed off to my room.

I was so tired that the moment i slammed the door and plopped on the bed, I went to sleep straightaway.




Actually halfway through writing this, I realised that I should have written a chapter on Cnblue appearing on Running Man before this chapter. Oh well. Review and comment as usual. Thanks alot!
P.S: I really think that Jessica is not the cold and blur person we see on varierty shows and that Yoona is the most emotional among SNSD. 
P.PS: I'm sorry the part of SNSD was meant to be shorter but the more I typed, the more things I added on. Can't stop! (I guess, pardon the pun!)