My First Love

My First Love

My first love…
My first love started when I was 15. It was November. I’m not quite sure of the date but I know it happened in science. It took me a couple of hours to realise that I was falling. Falling into a new world, a new light, a new passion.
I was falling in love.

If my friend never wrote a specific name on a list of cute guys then I doubt this love would have ever happened or the loves that happened after him. You see all it took was this one silly blonde guy with cat ears on that started this all. All it took was to his face and I was hooked.  And then I heard him sing. It was amazing, inspiring, nothing I’ve ever heard before. It sounded like he was singing just for me. I sat there staring at him just mind blown. I couldn’t imagine that for 15yrs of my life I had missed such a wonderful thing. Yeah sure I’ve experienced similar feelings towards other people but never like this. And then after a couple of months I started having feelings for a lot of other people. My first love was still in my heart but I moved on, onto a new person. I would never forget him though.

 This cycle happened every once in a while. I would think ‘Oh my god this person is amazing so talented, so wonderful. I’m so happy I found him.” Then I would spend every living moment I could with him, forgetting about the person before them. I would just forget about him and I would make sure that the new person, my new love was with me in some way or another. And my old love was put into a box on top of my wardrobe, collecting dust in the darkness nearly forgotten but still in my heart.

I can say since I was 15 I was never alone. I always had someone with me and I could see him in so many other people, in so many different ways. Like I could see their smile on one of my friends, hear their laugh even when they weren’t around. It was amazing to think that this person was always near me, always on my mind. But like I said, after a while my feelings grew less for them. It’s actually quite sad to say goodbye. Say goodbye to somebody who made you laugh, cry and feel so very special, someone who was always there for you. But still I did. I said to goodbye to so many. But that feeling you get when you find someone else. The bubbles inside you and your heart that pounds every time you think they look at you. It’s amazing, so addictive that you just can’t help but fall for someone new. And you know that even though your love has changed that they will always be there for you. Waiting for you to come back and love them all over again.

So I would like to thank my first love, the guy that made my life better. He made me happy when I felt so sad I would hurt myself. All I had to do was to push play on my iPod and there he was. Singing to me, making me forget all the sadness that surrounded my heart. He has helped me so much. And even though now he is not my favourite and I’ve moved on to someone else now. I shall never ever forget him. I owe him so much…

My first love, Yang Yoseob. The guy who brought me into this wonderful world called kpop. Thank you. Thank you for making my life that one bit better.