Xiuhan | Fluff, High-School!AU | 993w

EXO Drabbles

This ended up having more humor than I originally planned, but I still like it, and I hope you do too.


“Luhan,” Minseok groans. “Where are you taking me?” They must have been walking for at least 20 minutes, but the Chinese man hasn’t slowed down or informed him where they were going. “My feet hurt.”

 

“We’re almost there,” Luhan reassures, but he’s said that about 3 times before and here they are still walking. He stops momentarily to reach out for Minseok’s hand, as he usually does, and Minseok sighs and takes it as Luhan pulls him forward.

 

Forty-five minutes ago, Luhan called Minseok, telling him to come to the park. If it were anyone else, Minseok probably would have questioned the reason for the meeting, but ever since he met Luhan in class three months before, Luhan had called him to meet several times since. Minseok finds Luhan to be very odd, the way he catches him staring, and instead of looking away he continues to stare. And Luhan’s in the habit of calling Minseok every other day to meet at some random place and he ends all these weird outings with an uncomfortably long hug for two people who haven’t known each other that long.

 

But that’s just one of those things that makes Luhan unique. Just like how he’s always holding Minseok’s hand. Luhan’s fingers intertwine with Minseok’s and he pulls them along further through the park.

 

When they finally stop walking, Minseok nearly slams into Luhan, not expecting to finally be at their destination. He looks around and finds them standing in a small secluded area surrounded by trees that were thick enough that you couldn’t see the area from the main park, but not so much that the rays from the setting sun couldn’t break through. The area is covered in tall grass except for a patch in the center where the grass has been crushed down for a blanket to be laid there.

 

“This is…” Minseok looks up at the sky and takes in the reds, oranges, and yellows of the setting sun and sharply inhales. “Beautiful,” he breathes out.

 

Luhan nods and pulls Minseok to the blanket he must have previously set up. “I’ve always wanted to bring the person I’m dating up here to see the sunset."

 

“You might want to consider renting a golf cart to get them up here.” Minseok falls onto the blanket, dragging Luhan with him since their hands are still joined. “So why’d you bring me out here?”

 

Luhan stares at him with his eyebrows knitted together. “I just told you. Because we’re dating.”

 

Minseok’s eyes widen and the hand that Luhan’s holding suddenly becomes clammy as the words hit him. “We’re… dating?”

 

“Of course we are.” Luhan frowns. “We’ve been on, like, eleven dates.”

 

“We have…? When-” Minseok suddenly thinks back to all the other times Luhan has called him out… to play soccer, to eat at a ramen shop, to go rent one of those cheesy swan paddle boats…

 

They are dating.

 

“What did you think we were doing?” Luhan asks, tilting his head to the side.

 

“I don’t know!” Minseok exclaims. His face is starting to turn red. “Hanging out like a couple of good friends?”

 

Luhan holds up their joined hands. “But I hold your hand all the time. And you always catch me staring at you. I thought you knew.”

 

Minseok embarrassedly pulls his hand away and hides his face in his hands. “Normal people tell others before they start dating; they just don’t do it.”

 

“Well, now you know.”

 

Luhan takes Minseok’s hand again and tugs on it to make Minseok lie next to him on the blanket like the previous conversation never happened. While Luhan peacefully watched the sun set through the trees, Minseok is still trying to comprehend the fact that everyone else around them probably knew that they were dating. In retrospect, he can see the faces of their classmates as Luhan pulls him to sit at a two-seater table, as they hold hands while walking to gym, as they whisper to each other away from the others.

 

Somehow Minseok’s had a boyfriend for two months and he’s the last to know.

 

As the sun lowers over the thicket of the trees and the warm colors fade to blues and purples, Minseok can feel Luhan’s eyes on him. And while that’s not unusual, he feels an inexplicable need to turn and stare back.

 

“As you know, we’ve been dating for a while-“

 

“Well, now I do,” Minseok mutters under his breath.

 

“-and I haven’t really made much of a move because you seem a little reserved-“

 

“Because I didn’t know we were together.”

 

“-but I was hoping that since it’s our two month anniversary-“ Minseok chokes on air. That explains the odd potted plant Luhan gave him the previous month. “-that maybe I could kiss you?”

 

“Uhm…” It’s an understatement to say that this has been the most overwhelming day of all of Minseok’s seventeen years. In a day he’s gained a boyfriend and had a two-month anniversary. And now his boyfriend wants to kiss him. “If you want.”

 

Luhan sits up on his forearm facing Minseok and stares down at him. He simply stares for a few more seconds, which has Minseok squirming nervously under the gaze. “I’m going to kiss you know.” His words come out as a statement, but it’s understood between both of them that Minseok can refuse if he wishes.

 

But Minseok just nods and Luhan leans down and presses his lips against Minseok’s in an innocent kiss. Both of their first kisses. When he pulls away Luhan once again stares down at Minseok before the corners of his mouth pull up into a smile. He squeezes Minseok’s hand lies back down next to him. Minseok lets out a breath he wasn’t aware he was holding and closes his eyes as he brings his free hand to touch his tingling lips.

 

Definitely the most overwhelming day of his whole life. But maybe one of the best.


 

If you'd like to leave a pairing and prompt, I'd do my best to write a drabble for you. ^^