{come closer}

come closer

[title song: When Where How (언제 어디서 무엇을 어떻게) ]

{come closer}

She’s sparkling like the city lights, eyes hazy, mouth painted a delicate blood red. All he sees is red, dark red lips, ruby red nails, all he wants is red. She’s swaying to the music, singing slowly, moving oh-so-sensually, and now, more than ever, his doubts as to why she made it before him washes away. It’s not just because she’s attractive and god, is she attractive. It’s because she has an aura about her, her dark, dark eyes capture and never ever let go. He thinks he wants to drown in her whole being. She’s singing her heart out and she looks like she belongs up on that stage. Her eyelashes flutter against her milky white cheekbones and Jongin is entranced.

It ends all too quickly and she’s walking towards him, smiling softly, ignoring the pulling hands all around her. His heart flutters and he wonders if she can feel it, in all her ethereal glory. She holds out a delicate hand and he rolls his eyes as he rummages through his trousers, until his fingers wrap around a carton of cigarettes. He barely has it out of his pockets before she snatches it from him and puts one in , delicately. Everything about her is delicate. Except for her personality; her temper. He knows that all too well.

She leans forward, so, so close. She smells of patchouli and strawberry shampoo and sweat. She smells so good. The dim lights cast shadows across her face and he can see the little hollow light in her eyes and the subtle twist in her smirk. It was never there before, long ago, when they used to go to school. He thinks, maybe, he’s lucky he’s just a mere stagehand and she’s the shining star, because somewhere along the way to that stage she lost pieces of herself, of Soojung (in king sized beds, in all those odd jobs, in motel bathrooms, in between Home and The City) and he doesn’t believe dreams are worth losing reality.

"Light it up, jagiya." She whispers, voice grating and hoarse. He takes his time with the lighter and she just watches him, dark eyes amused. He flicks a thumb over the switch and takes a moment to appreciate the way the fire illuminates her face and dances in her eyes. She holds the cigarette in her teeth and he lights it for her. She breathes the smoke out into his face and he coughs, glaring. She just laughs, tinkling and sweet (just like before), long dark hair swaying.

They both watch the smoke curl and twist into nothingness until he finally breaks the silence. “I like watching you perform.”

She hops up on the counter top beside him, little black dress hiking up and pale legs swinging. “I like having you here.”

He tries not to react when she trails dainty fingers up and around his arm. She’s playing with his fingers and he stares at them. He tries not to focus on the twinkling ring. Instead he focuses on how they’re so rough, yet soft, a contradiction just like her. He meets her eyes and is surprised to find them so soft and expressive, the usual coldness gone.

"I’m a stagehand. I’m supposed to be here." He points out, smirking his best smirk.

She rolls her eyes, turning back to the club, to the audience she’s always dreamed of having, “You’re also my best friend, Jonginnie.”

"You don’t need to remind me, Soojunggie. You tell me every time you want me to do something for you." He tells her quietly.

Her grip on his hand tightens, like she’s holding on for dear life. “You know me so well.” She sounds tired, like she’s aged a hundred years right before his eyes.

"What do you want?" He asks, as he focuses his gaze on the ceiling and tries to calm his throbbing heart.

"Kiss me."

He freezes, his lips a little, and replies, “I can’t. You’re engaged.”

There’s such a long, long pause before she removes her hand from his. He wants it back, only because his fingers feel numb and frozen. She laughs, tinkling and bitter, “Since when did you follow the rules, Kai?” He can feel her eyes boring into his face. He refuses to react to her mocking use of his would-be stage name. He refuses to look at her, she can read him too well. “Anyways, it’s not like I love him. We’re only funding each other.” She laughs again, and it almost sounds like a sob. “It’s sad, really? The one I love won’t even look at me.”

He blinks and finally turns to her. She pushes a hand through her dark hair and shakes it out. She’s smiling, sadly, and the hard, coldness is back. He can practically see her rebuilding her walls with each passing second. She was right, though. Since when did he follow the rules?

She’s pushing herself off the table when he grabs her wrist. She half turns before he crashes his lips onto hers and they stand there taking and giving, taking and giving. She’s warm against him and so, so soft. She tastes like lipstick, bubblegum, and cigarettes. It should taste disgusting but it tastes like her and she tastes so good. She sighs into his mouth and they’re both contradictions that shouldn’t attract. She’s kissing him back roughly, pulling at his hair and wanting so, so much. He’s kissing her sweetly, taking his time, holding her close and giving because he’s, god, he’s anticipated this moment for so long.

When they pull away, they’re breathless and gasping. Her large, dark eyes are searching his face for something and he’s nodding even though he doesn’t know why. Her eyeliner is smudged and he wonders how much of her lipstick he’s managed to pick up. She looks beautiful, all messy and breathless. Her cheeks are tinged pink and he wants to kiss her again and again and again.

"ing finally,” He tells her, his voice coming out deeper than he expects it to be.

She grins and it finally reaches her eyes, lights up her face, melts the ice, and he loves it so much. He kisses her again, if only to see her smile again.


a/n: I just got really inspired by this song by Park Kyung from Block B and i was like hey!! kaistal fits this theme really well so here you go!

Tell me what you think and upvote if you liked it please? Thank you! :)