Stalker.

I see you, You see me.

 

Tao walked into the cafe as usual, in his plain black tshirt and sweatpants. The cafe is just a few walks from the company. There is a break and he had quickly rush to grab his favorite latte. He opened the door and was about to enter when his eyes met the girl who was coming out. They locked their eyes, both expressionless before they break it to part ways. 

They knew each other of course. But, just like that. Know as in, seen that one person EVERYWHERE but don't know their name kind. They eye contact but it's always the same stare you use when you eye contact a stranger walking past. A blank stare. Zitao always wonder if  they actually see each other or perhaps communicate through those countless times of stare. He can't tell. Neither could she. 

They never say 'hi' even though they were in the same company. Krystal find him extremely attractive. Especially when he dyed his hair blond, his handsome level breaks her scale. Despite that, whenever she saw him, the indifference button were switch back on. So does his. 

Zitao came back, happily sipping his latte. He saw the lift almost closing thus he ran to press the button. He did not expect to see her alone in there. There was no backing out since he needs to get back to the studio quick hence he entered.  

"Ah . This is going to be a loooong trip.." His mind thought dreadfully. Krystal had pressed level 12. She looked at him, before asking.

"Um.. level?" She spoke in korean. He blinked and hummed. "Hmm?" 

She gestured to the button instead," What floor?" It took Zitao awhile to register what she was saying, interpreting her korean. Maybe he was having too many of his own thoughts popping out in his mind that her simple korean caught him blur. 

"Same." He spoke in chinese accidently. She raised an eyebrow. He shook his head mentally, slapping himself before changing to korean. "Same." He repeated.

They never say a word after that. Tao busied himself with his drink while she was scrolling through her phone. She did not look away from her phone and when the door opened, both bump onto each other as they exit the elevator at the same time. They exchanged 'sorry' and he let her get out first. 

She walked to the assigned room but when she noticed his footsteps behind, she turned around. Zitao suddenly stop in his track too. He glanced behind him and there was nobody. He simply shrugged and walked ahead of her. This time, he heard her footsteps. He paused. He peeped over his shoulder to see Krystal awkwardly stop as well. They did not utter anything even so. She gave a small frown before cutting his way to walk ahead now. When Krystal heard him walking closely behind, again, she couldn't help but sighed loudly. She twirled around and glared at him. Zitao, too, gave her a quizzical stare and his forehead formed creases. His eyes shifted to the only room left at the end of the hallway.

"Stop." She blurted out.

"My dance studio is over there." He coolly said, pointing to it. She tried to read his face to check if it was for real. 

"Walk in front." She ordered. Which makes Tao feel a little pissed with her tone and refuse to budge.

"Where are you going? " He asked back. 

"To my assigned room." She monotonely answered. 

"Exactly, where?" He demanded. She gave him a bewildered look hearing his voice increasing an octave. 

"Somewhere here. I know where I'm going. " She cross her arms. He squint his eyes. They were both annoyed as the silence lingers coldly in the air.

After a full minute, Zitao mockingly asked,"Hey, are you following me?"

"Excuse me?! You're the one stalking me!" Krystal snapped.

"What?! I am not a stalker! I've way better things to do! My dance studio had always been there since forever! And to set the record straight, we are all guys. No girls. So where do you think you're going huh!?" He argued. 

"I am going to the room written in my schedule! Which is there!" She raised her voice, pointing to the same room Zitao had said earlier.

"You've got to be kidding me." He flatly said. Her face was turning red from fury. 

"Fine. Walk beside me. We'll see who's telling the truth.." She fussed.

"Fine." He agreed unwillingly. 

Krystal rolled her eye. In her mind, the image of him being the 'handsomest guy' had been scraped off and replaced with the word ''. They walk in sync, not breaking their intense burning stare until they came to the front of the door. She turned the doorknob while Zitao smirked, impatiently waiting for his moment to tell her, smack right on her face that he was indeed not lying and she was being ridiculously absurd!

The inside came to view. A burst of loud music was blasting the entire room. All eyes went to the both of them when the door was fully open. 

"Zitao! Krystal! You're late!" The choreographer yelled at the two, charging towards them. Both went speechless.

Then, Tao squeak out innocently,"Why are there girls in here? Isn't this our studio?" He asked.

"You idiot! Didn't  I told you yesterday we have a combine practice today?! F(x) are going to perform with us!" Kris scolded. 

"Oh.. I forgot.."  

 

 

 

 

 

Authors's Note: Hi!(: Simple short story! Enjoy^^ 

 

thumb.jpg