XMAS EVE

A Merry Yeollie Christmas

  It's Christmas Eve. You and your family talk of what you'll do tomorrow and express your excitement for the fun and delight that the stress is over with. Your hands find their way to a warm mug of hot chocolate. 

"Cheers~" you say holding up your mug. 

"Cheers." your family answers. 
 
     Your dim house is lit by a flash of lightning. Your mother shudders at the roll of thunder that follows. She has been looking worried since the rain started. You wonder why, but don't ask. "Ding dong~" the doorbell sounds.
"Taylor, go get that. Whoever is out there shouldn't be left out in the rain. It's freezing outside."
You rush to the door so the stranger doesn't freeze to death.
 
     "Ye~es?" You answer the door.
Your hands drop to your sides. Your mouth falls open.
Sungyeol just smiles brightly at you. He is dripping wet, his hair flattened and dripping, his big, fluffy, Christmas sweater soaked through. The poor thing is shivering. His nose is bright red. You stumble forward, still in awe, and pull him into a hug. He laughs. You feel him shivering violently. You are getting soaked under the rain. You eventually pull away. "Come on in!" You say. You rush to get some towels and blankets.
 
     You wrap the poor shivering thing in a big blanket and towel off his hair for him. He speaks in broken English to your parents who are thanking him profusely for coming. You look at your parents bewildered. "Merry Christmas!" Your dad says motioning to Sungyeol, "It took some convincing, but..here he is!"
 
     Your jaw falls open again and you can't believe what you're hearing. Your mom goes to the garage to find and old sweater Sungyeol can wear while his goes through the dryer. You hug Sungyeol again. "Sungyeollie saranghaeyo~" you say.
"Saranghaeyo." He replies, causing your heart to go out of control. Sungyeol goes off to change into the sweater your mom brings to him and she goes to prepare hot chocolate for him. You fall on the floor and start dying. When he returns you're on the floor. He giggles, "gwanchaneyo?" he asks. "Aniyo," you mumble. He grabs your hand and helps you up. He looks around to make sure no one is watching, then he kisses your cheek and pulls you in for a really close hug. 
     Your mom brings in the hot chocolate and Yeollie thanks her. "Eomma, we'll be in my room, ok~?"
     You and Sungyeol go to your room. You show him all your K-pop stuff and he looks amazed. You decide to bake some cookies together. You go to the kitchen and get out all the ingredients. The two of you work together putting the ingredients in the bowl and mixing them up. Sungyeol plops the flour in the bowl, but not before getting some on his finger and marking your nose with it. You pretend to be mad at him. When the cookies are all done, you decorate them with Korean words that Yeol teaches you. They turn out beautifully. The two of you crash on the couch with your cookies and watch a boring Christmas movie. You really just use it as an excuse to snuggle. After 15 minutes you've fallen asleep in each other's arms. You wake up the next morning to see Yeollie smiling at you, his arms still around you. Out of the blue he leans in and kisses you. You close your eyes and take in the feeling.
When he finally pulls back you look at him in awe.
He whispers in your ear: "Merry Christmas~"