Chapter Six - Magic Number

The Moment My Heart Started Beating

I apologize for taking WAY TOO long to update! I was very busy and this week when I started to write again I got writer's block I suppose? This is a bit of a boring chapter... So sorry! I'll try to make the next chapter a bit more..fun. Heh. Have a great weekend everyone!

By the way... There will be too many typos and grammar errors. I didn't proofread.

 


 

Recap:
I get to the trailer and quickly sit down on a big comfy black couch. This had to be one of the most comfortable couches I've ever sat on. Maybe I will get one for my apartment, I could use more furniture...

Ottoke... Why is that kiss making me feel like this? That had to be one of the most sweetest and passionate kiss I've ever had. Not that I've kissed many guys, only about 3 including Hongki... But it really was something else, I can't even explain what I felt. I don't even know what it was that I felt! All I know is that the kiss gave me such a wonderful feeling; I felt like I was taken to heaven. It sounds cheesy, but that's what I felt when Hongki kissed me. It was just for the music video, but I can't deny the feeling I felt when Hongki's lips touched mine. Even now, as I brush my lips with my fingers, I can still feel his lips on mine. His sweet tender lips...


"Mina, are you okay?" A now too familiar voice coming from behind me asked sounding very concerned.

Ottoke? I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice anyone walk in. How long has he been standing there?

 

-------------------------•●※●•-------------------------

 

 


Chapter ❻ - Magic Number


“Oh!”, was all I managed to say while jumping out of the couch. I was in my own little world and got easily startled. Geez, I hope he didn't notice me touching my lips, he'll think I'm weird.

“Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! You look...shaken up. Are you really okay? You suddenly just left the set and your manager said you looked like a walking corpse so I came to make sure you're okay..” He asked again his face looking apologetic and his tone sounding concerned.

“Yes Minhwan, I really am okay. Thank you for taking your time to check up on me.” I tell him with a sincere smile.

“Hm.. Is it that you didn't like Hongki's kiss? He might be known as a player, but I hear he's a terrible kisser. I once heard he chipped a girl's tooth before. He used too much force and bumped heads was what I heard.” Minhwan said with raised eyebrows as a small smirk. Is he lying or could it be true?

“HaHaHaHa. Andwae! Did he really chip a girl's tooth before, jinjjaro??” I asked him really curious to know. Back when we were having our kiss he did not seem inexperienced at all, in fact it was the complete opposite.

“Yup. But I think it was because she already had a loose tooth.” Minhwan said with a huge grin on his face.

“A loose tooth? She had a loose tooth?” I asked him shocked. How can someone grown have a loose tooth? Did she not have good oral hygiene?...

“Yes a loose tooth, a baby tooth. They were barely 11 years old and appear entry she still had a baby tooth.” He told me with a smirk on his face. He did that on purpose! How did I fall for his joke...

“OMO! I totally fell for it! Here I was thinking what kind of grown person has a loose tooth... That was not funny. HaHaHa.” I told him trying to hold my laugh, but it eventually came out.

“I can't believe how gullible you are. HaHa. I didn't think you would fall for it, it was pretty lame!” He said, “Do you sill feel shaken up or are you feeling better?”.

With just a moment of talking to him i felt completely better. It wasn't that I wasn't feeling good, I was just in shock I guess... Minhwan is a sweet really guy who's been nothing but nice to me since we started filming. It has only been a day of working with him, but with the small amount of time that we've talked I feel comfortable being around him. He gives me a good vibe, like he can be someone I can trust.

“I'm feeling much better, thank you, Minhwan, really.” I thanked him and gave him a warm smile. There's something about him that I like.

“Alright, I'm really glad.” He said with a huge grin, “now let's head back I think our break is about to end. This time we'll be filming with all the members.” I nodded and began walking with him towards the door.

Even though I felt a little better I still couldn't help thinking about the kiss. When get took steps in front of me, right before he kissed me, I began feeling something in my stomach. It was just like the time when he gave me a hug in front of my apartment. It was a very warm and tight hug that gave me a good sensation throughout my body. And that is how I felt during our kiss and even more. My heart was beating so fast and I felt so warm inside as if I was running a high fever, but it felt really good having his lips against mine...Omo, what am I thinking? I need to brush those feeling aside while working..

“Ah there you you are! Now we can start filming!” The director said over enthusiastically, “everyone, get in places!”.

 

 

-------------------------•●※●•-------------------------

 


ーHongki's point of viewー

“Hongki!” an annoying and loud squeaky sound came from from a tiny skinny thing standing in front of me. “Why aren't you paying attention to me?! You invited me here, but you don't even say a word to me! Where's that head of yours?!” She said while bending down and tapping my head.

“Sorry... I was just thinking about work; I'll be having a busy schedule this coming week. But hey, don't tap my head alright?” I lied, my mind was no where near anything work related. Honestly, I'd rather be thinking about work than having my mind stuck thinking about silly things...

“Whatever, I'm leaving! See ya.” She rolled her eyes and left furious almost knocking out everything in her way. Sigh. I never asked her to come with me anyway.

“Ya. Where's your head? We came to have fun, but you look like you're at a funeral. It has been going on for way too long! Since we finished shooting our last music video.” Jonghoon told me with such expression looking too concerned. I appreciate his concern, but he worries too much sometimes.

“I'm fine, I really am don't worry. I just.. I just don't feel like going out or meeting girls at the moment.” I said honestly. I can never lie to him I trust him too much, just like I trust the other guys, but we've become closer since we started living together.

“It's been three months since you last saw her, three months without you going out for something that isn't work related, three months and you seem like a completely different person. Cheer up.” Right now he sounds a bit more annoyed than concerned.

“You have no idea how much I wish I could be like myself again, but I can't... I can't control how I feel anymore. I tried so hard and I can't pretend anymore.” I told him while taking the first sip out from my drink I've had in my hand for the past half hour.

“It's that bad, huh? Is it worse than the first one?” He asked, also taking a sip from his second drink. I'm quite surprised he is drinking. We both agreed he would be designated driver so that I could be the heavy drinker for the night, but I guess the tables have turned.

“Unfortunately... I'd like to say no, but I would only be lying to you and to myself. And don't say anything... I already feel low for letting myself get like this.” I told him while letting out a big sigh. Even I feel sorry for myself, I wouldn't be surprised if he also did,

“Whatever you're feeling don't feel sorry for yourself. Every man should go through that once, you just got lucky enough for it to happen twice.” He said with a fake smile and pat my shoulder once and rest his hand there.

It's been three months...three whole months since the last time I saw her face to face. Three long months and there hasn't been a day that I go without thinking about her. There is always something that reminds me of her, even the smallest things and she suddenly appears in my thoughts. I'll admit I like women, I like women very much, but ever since I met her I can't even look at anyone else. No one interests me anymore. She's the owner of my every thought. I feel like such a fool but there is no use in denying my feelings anymore. I fell for her, and it only took three days for her to invade my heart.

Jonghoon removed his hand from my shoulder and after two long minutes of silence he finally spoke up and said, “why don't you try contacting her?”.

“Contacting her? How would I be able to contact her if I wasn't even brave enough to get her pone number.” I honestly did think about asking her for her number, but for some reason I didn't have the courage to. I had the mindset that she was strictly there for work and she would reject me.

“It wasn't about being brave or not; you just didn't have the balls enough to ask her.” He said with a smirk on his face followed by a short laugh. I opened my mouth to speak, but I changed my mind and decided to let him off. He was right anyway, I didn't have the balls enough.

“Look for her, ask around if anyone has her contact information. I'm sure someone must have gotten her number, after all she is very pretty...and single.” He said again, with another smirk on his face a laughter this time longer than before, now he's just being an a-hole right now.

“I don't want to ask around, that will seem very unprofessional. And how can I look for her? She's not even from this country.” I sounded a little desperate. Should I really look for her? Ask anyone if they know anything or have her contact information? Would I be able to get it from my manager...maybe?

“He's a beautiful Japanese actress that can speak fluent Korean, I'm sure she won't be hard to find. Didn't you take her to her apartment once? Why don't you go visit her!” He sounded a bit more excited now, but that's a terrible idea,

“Andwae! From all of the ideas you've ever given me, I say that has to be by far the worst one you've come up with. There's no way I will go looking for her at her apartment; she'll think I'm a creepy stalker! No, no, I will not do that.” I told him almost raising my voice. What kind if idea is that? That's one crazy suggestion that I will not take from him.

“Well you better start planning on who to ask or where to look, but that's going to take you longer. Oh! Why don't you ask your manager to help? I'm sure he'll have an idea.” Jonghoon suggested, now that's a better idea than stalking Mina at her apartment, even I thought about asking my manager.

 

 

-------------------------•●※●•-------------------------

 


I spent that last five days discreetly asking around if anyone had any phone numbers that I can use to get in contact with Mina, but I had no luck. Jonghoon and I thought I could use my manager to get to her and so I left him as a last resort because if I ask him I'm not going to hear the end of it. But right now from the looks of it, I'll have no choice but to ask him.


«“Yeoboseyo?” Manager Kim answered quickly after three rings.
“Yeoboseyo. Are you busy right now?” I ask expecting the answer to be no since he answered the phone quickly.
“No, not at the moment. Do you need anything?”
“I just want to ask you for a favor...”
“Shoot. What is it?”
“Do you remember…Mina? The actress that we shot our last music video with?…”
“Ahh. Fujii Mina, of course, I remember her. Why do you ask?” I can hear his voice tone change in the last sentence. If I'm not mistaken, he probably even said it with a smirk.
“I was wondering... Would you be able to get me a phone number where I can contact her to?”
“I see... So you want her phone number. And why do you want it, if I may ask?”
“No you can't ask. Just tell me if you can get me her phone number or not.” Geez. I knew he'd be like this.
“HaHaHa. Hongki, you never change. And what, you go after coworkers now? You know that doesn't look so professional.”
“We're jot working together anymore. Anyway can you get me her number or not? If not, so I can get it from someone else.”
“HaHa, alright, alright. I'll try getting you her number. Give me a few days”
“Thanks. Not a word to anyone, ok?”
“You know I'm discreet. I'll text it to you once I have it.”»


I trust that he won't tell anyone about what I asked him to do for me, but I just needed that confirmation because he is right. It's unprofessional of me to ask for contact information of a former coworker for personal use. At this point I don't care of how I'm acting, I really need to see her again, and I hope she will want to see me... Now all I need to do is wait for the text.


Five hours have passed and I sill have not received the text. This waiting is killing me and I can't really concentrate well. Me and the guys have been practicing all day in the studio, getting ready for the performances we will have for our latest singles.

“Guys, why don't we have a break? My throat is getting a bit dry.” I suggested. I'm thinking this anticipation for the text is making me nervous and my causing my throat to go dry. It could be that right?

“Yeah, fine by me. I was going to suggest a break, I have to use the toilet” Seunghyun said while setting his guitar down and rushing out.

We all go sit down on the way too comfortable black cushiony couch I the opposite side of where we have the instruments set up. First thing I do is grab my phone and check my notifications. •Darn. Still no text!• I got mad and threw my phone on the floor, but luckily I threw it in direction where my stuff is and it landed on top of my bag.

“What's wrong with you?” Jaejin asked noticing my somewhat bad temper, “didn't get thereby you were waiting for?”

Bingo. He guessed it spot on. We've been working, living together, and being friends for so many years that I'm not so surprised he guessed correctly. But I guess it was pretty obvious since I did throw my phone.

“Something like that.” I gave him a short reply. I really don't want to tell them what was going on just yet..

I look over at Minhwan and I see him wry entertained texting away. He is even giggling while reading the text? It's been a while since we saw him all smiles and giggles while texting someone, it must be a special girl.

“Ya, Minari, what's got you all giggly?” Jaejin asked him while holding back a laugh. We could all tell he was making fun of him.

“Nothing. I'm just texting a chingu.” He said sounding serious, looked at his phone, and started smiling again.

“Just a chingu, eh? Who is this 'chingu' you're texting with?” Jaejin asked being nosy now.

“Her name is Mina, Fujii Mina. You guys remember her right? From the music video a couple of months ago..” He told Jaejin. No. Way. He is texting Mina??? He called her his, 'chingu'?!

“You have contact with Mina? Have you been keeping in touch her all this time?” I ask very curious leaving some questions behind. Like how did it happen? What relationship do they have? What do they text about? Have they seen each other??

“Yes and yes. A week after we finished shooting the video I ran into her in a coffee shop and we kept in touch since then. Not often but enough and became friends.” He explained. From the way he explained he it didn't seem like if they are more than friends.

Suddenly I feel envious. Envious because I don't have contact with her. Envious because he has gotten to know her better, when I hardly know her at all, but despite the fact that I barely know know her, I sill have these strong feelings for her hidden beneath me.

“I see..” Was all I could asnwer to that without being to suspicious. We rested for five more minutes and began practice again. We have to get enough practice and after I ca go back to wait for an manager Kim to text me.

 

 

-------------------------•●※●•-------------------------




After a long day of practice I finally had more time to rest at home. It's been months since the last time I got home at 19:00 on a weekday. It feels nice having enough time to take a long warm shower and have time to relax and play video games. For a little while I had forgotten all about the text I've been waiting to receive. Just thinking about how I've been desperately waiting for the text makes me feel like I've become such a fool. I who use to force myself to never fall for a girl again, has been constantly checking my phone to see if I've receive a text that will have a phone number to contact the woman I have dewlap feelings for. The woman I have yet to fully know.


–New text message–
You can contact her at this number:
010-1234-5555
It's the number for her cell phone she uses in Korea.
She just came from Japan a few days ago.
You OWE me.


Finally, I've been waiting the entire day for this, and I finally got her phone number. I wasn't expecting her personal phone number, but I couldn't think less of Kim, I really do owe him big.

I stared at the text for about 5 full minutes deciding whether or not to call her right now. Will she be busy? Is she filming? Is she at her apartment? Shoot.


“Yeoboseyo?” A sweet lovely voice answered the phone after  5 rings.


 


 


*Note:
- I totally made up Mina's phone number!
- 19:00 = 7pm