go get my food

go get my food
Boom!
I sat up immediately, startled.
“Ugh, why….,” I moaned and rubbed my eyes. I had been sleeping well for once, too bad I can’t sleep through thunder storms.
More thunder boomed, finally followed by rain fiercely hitting the house. I had a vague thought about it trying to break in before looking to my left.
The other half of the bed was empty. Not that I was surprised. It usually is if I sleep in too long.
I looked to my right, to my alarm clock. It read 11:43. How did I almost sleep until noon again? No wonder he wasn’t here.
I stretched and stood up and walked to the bathroom. I fumbled around with the lights, then picked up my toothbrush and brushed my teeth.
I walked back out into the bedroom to grab a shirt, and walked into the kitchen. I wasn’t that hungry but breakfast is important and all that.
The person I had been looking for was sitting at the small kitchen table by himself, earbuds in and leaning over a notebook.
“Taekwoon,” I said to him. I didn’t get a response. I shrugged and walked over to the refrigerator.
Boom!
“I can’t stand when the weather is like this,” I grumbled loudly while pulling out leftovers.
“Oh, Hakyeon,” I heard a soft voice behind me.
“Good morning, Taekwoon,” I said while putting the leftovers into the microwave and setting it for two minutes. I turned around to face him. He had sat up and put his earbuds on the table.
“When did it start raining?” he asked, he looked perplexed.
“This is rain? No, this is awful. Why do thunderstorms have to exist?” I complained, whining. “And is your music up so loud you can’t hear it? The rain is practically trying to get into the house.”
“Shhhh, it’s not that bad,” Taekwoon said, standing up and walked towards me.
“Says the person who likes thunderstorms,” I said, resting my head against his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
He squeezed me, his way of comforting me. I put my arms around his waist too.
I jumped, startled again as the rain got harder and the thunder got louder.
“Come on,” he all but whispered and pulled me slightly towards the living room.
“But I’m hungry,” I said, my arms still wrapped around him.
“I’ll come back in here to get it, just come on,” as he started moving backwards. I had no intention of letting go, so I moved with him.
He chuckled, probably because I was acting like a baby.
We ended up in front of the couch and he fell over onto his back and I landed on top of him.
“Now how are you going to go get my food if we’re like this?” I asked and took my hands from underneath him. The microwave finally started beeping saying the two minutes were over.
“I don’t know what you mean,” he said with a smirk.
“Taekwoon! Go get my food!”
“No,” and soft lips were pressed to my own.
“Is everything about you soft?” I mumbled against his mouth.
“No,” he said as he caught my bottom lip and bit down.
“Ow!” I sat up a little and touched it.
“It’s not bleeding is it?”
He didn’t say anything and kissed me again, this time wrapping his arms around me and pressing me closer to him by the small of my back.
Boom!
I jumped again and snuggled myself between him and the back of the couch.
“I really can’t stand this,” I said into his shoulder.
He turned to his side so he was facing me.
“It’s okay, it has to pass sooner or later,” he said and my cheek.
“Sooner would be better,” I said, closed my eyes and nuzzled my face into his neck.
I heard his breath catch.
“What? You’re not afraid of thunderstorms all of a sudden are you?” I opened my eyes to look at him.
“No, that’s not it at all,” he said.
I closed my eyes again and all I noticed was that the rain was quieting before I fell asleep again.