Waiting

Category 9

A/n: I return at last! And this isn't the final chapter after all, but the next one will be. (PS: This chapter is called Waiting because you've all been waiting so long for me to update. *slapped* Not really, but really...)

 

Chanyeol wasn’t really much of one for plane rides. He wouldn’t say (admit) he was afraid of flying, but it wasn’t exactly in his list of favourite things to do. Today, however, he was pretty sure it wasn’t what was making him so anxious. He may or may not have been flying to his own death.

Boarding the plane to China had been okay; as a guard, he had all travel expenses paid for him without questions asked. Leaving Baekhyun behind had been harder. Knowing Baekhyun would have caused a scene, Chanyeol had made the older stay home that morning, but Baekhyun had still been reluctant to let him leave Minseok’s apartment. Even though Chanyeol promised to be back tomorrow, all in one piece, his boyfriend clung to him until he was out the door, stealing one final kiss before they were to be separated for what was undoubtedly going to be the longest day of their lives. As long as it’s not the last, Chanyeol thought to himself. Whatever happened, he had to see Baekhyun again.

It was a fairly lonely flight, not only because he was alone and he didn’t have Baekhyun there, but because it was literally him and about a dozen others on the plane. Despite the plane being smaller – the usual commercial travelling planes had almost all been taken out of business for the past few months, seeing as travelling in general had shrunk immensely – it still felt very spacious and quiet, and Chanyeol hardly found comfort in it. He spent half of the trip imagining Baekhyun was there chattering away at him, and the rest wishing he was at home, not having to go through with this potentially deadly mission.

When he arrived at the airport, Sehun was waiting for him. The man had hardly changed since Chanyeol last saw him – dead-looking eyes, permanent frown, tall and pale and probably good-looking if he smiled. He didn’t look worn out in the slightest, which was a bit surprising because almost every guard Chanyeol knew had become somehow both hardened and weakened, exhausted and unmoved. Maybe it hadn’t taken its toll on Sehun because he’d been so… unalive to begin with.

Sehun greeted him less than enthusiastically and then took them back to his apartment. Time was flying by, and they only had a few hours until it was show-time. Getting into China had been the easy part; it was everything after this that they needed to worry about.

“Can you run over the plan for me?” Chanyeol asked as he took a seat on Sehun’s couch, hearing the other locking the front door. “We’re probably as safe as we’re gonna get.”

“I doubt that,” Sehun told him as he came into the room, voice low. Chanyeol found himself slightly hypnotized by how silent the man’s movements were; almost ghost-like, somewhat eerie. “I don’t think anywhere is safe, quite frankly. But we don’t have a lot of options anymore, or time. So here’s what you’re doing:

“We’re leaving in about seven hours, and you’re going to follow me. You show your badge at the gates, they won’t ask questions. When we get inside, you go down to the loading vehicles, give someone the form that I’ll give you before we go – which, I worked very hard for,” Sehun added. “A lot of dignity was sacrificed, and if we live, you owe me.” Chanyeol nodded slowly. He hadn’t been told exactly how Sehun had managed to get the paperwork they needed, but Chanyeol was willing to do whatever he had to in return – so long as he got out with Luhan and made it back home without getting killed. All of this is for you, Byun Baekhyun.

“Anyway,” Sehun went on. “You show them that, they won’t say anything else to you. Mostly because they know you won’t understand them, but also because they don’t really care. Then you wait. Take one of the vans furthest from the doors, but make sure you’re outside the doors at seven. That’s when I’ll be out with your friend. After that, I don’t care if your car is empty, you drive off, take him to my place, and come back. You’re only on for four hours, so when you get back with the van you’re pretty much free to go home. Catch the bus, try not to get lost, and then wait until I’m done. That’s all for today.”

“You make it sound so easy,” Chanyeol muttered. Except there’s a million things that could go wrong.

“Theoretically, it is,” Sehun shrugged. “As long as it all goes without problems.”

“What exactly are the problems we might have?”

“Too many to list,” Sehun said shortly. “From what I understood, that paperwork is foolproof, but after that… Just don’t do anything suspicious. I’m probably more likely to set something off than you as long as you stay in your car and don’t draw attention to yourself.”

All Chanyeol could do was nod again. Just lie low. Easy enough. So why was his heart pounding so hard?

It was going to be a very long day indeed.

Minseok woke up to the sound of crying. It wasn’t the first time this had happened recently, and in his sleep-filled state he brushed it off. Slowly however, as he broke into greater levels of consciousness, he began to register the noises as something to be worried about. After a few minutes he had pieced together what today was, and why he was hearing his best friend crying in the distance.

Pulling himself out of bed, Minseok forced himself up and in the direction of Baekhyun’s sobs, muffled but coming somewhere from his living room. When he came out he spotted the younger curled up on the couch, a blanket thrown over him, face buried in one of the cushions. The sight made Minseok feel a bit like curling up himself, but he knew that wouldn’t help anything right now. Doing his best not to think about the things that would be happening today – and less desired things that might be happening today – he sat down on the edge of the couch and rubbed Baekhyun’s back soothingly until the other sat up and crawled into his lap, hugging him tightly and doing his best to subdue his cries.

“He’ll be back, right?” Baekhyun asked weakly after a while.

“They both will,” Minseok whispered, although he had no way of knowing. All he could do was hope endlessly and pray he wouldn’t be devastated by tomorrow.

Neither of them said much else, nor did they bother to move or do anything at all. Minseok just kept hugging his friend until Baekhyun had fallen asleep on his shoulder, and then he nodded off again himself. He wasn’t sure how long they slept for, but when he woke up he was still slumped against the couch and Baekhyun was still sprawled on him, passed out and drooling slightly. Baekhyun hadn’t been sleeping well lately, and knowing this Minseok leaned him back on the couch, tucking him back under the blanket and petting his hair softly before going off to make them something to eat.

Baekhyun was summoned out of slumber by the smell of Minseok’s cooking not long after, and when it was ready the sat at the table and ate quietly. It was Baekhyun who eventually broke the silence.

“What are you going to do – when Luhan comes back?”

Minseok took comfort in Baekhyun saying when not if, but his hesitation gave him away that he’d certainly been thinking the latter. Still, Minseok was going to talk about it as though it were a certain thing; Luhan was coming back, not he might be. It was the only way he could make today bearable.

“Whatever he wants,” he replied softly. “Anything. Make him all his favourite foods, hell, I’ll even teach him how to cook, since he’s always bugging me about it. Take him for coffee; I’d take him to Disneyland if he asked…”

“On a date?” Baekhyun wondered quietly. Minseok frowned.

“As his friend,” he corrected. “His best friend who has missed him very much.”

“What if he asked you on a date?” Baekhyun prodded carefully. “Would you refuse him?”

Minseok wanted to tell Baekhyun off – remind him that he and Luhan weren’t gay and they didn’t have that kind of relationship – but he couldn’t bring himself to it. Not today. “If he asked me, I would go, if that’s what he wanted. I’m not going to deny him anything he wants.”

Baekhyun stared at him for a long time quietly before giving a nod and returning his attention back to his plate. He didn’t say anything else until they were both done and Minseok was collecting their plates, at which point the younger suggested they go out.

“Go out?” Minseok echoed as he made his way to the sink and began cleaning off their dishes. Baekhyun hummed after him.

“I don’t want to be in here all day thinking about things,” Baekhyun explained as he pushed in his chair. “Let’s just go somewhere and try to pretend everything is normal.”

Twenty minutes later, they were heading out of the house, no real plans of where to go. They ended up at Minseok’s work, where Minseok talked to Joonmyun and said he hoped to be coming back soon. Joonmyun seemed happy to just see Minseok, and told him to take as much time as he needed; Minseok was very grateful that his manager was so understanding. His co-workers seemed less pleased.

In with Joonmyun was Kyungsoo and Jongin, who didn’t seem to have changed much in the few weeks since Minseok had last seem them (although once he swore he heard Jongin call Kyungsoo hyung, but that might have been his imagination). Kyungsoo all but glared as he took their order, while Jongin didn’t seem to care much one way or the other about Minseok being there. Then again, it was the last week before this whole thing – all of it – was over, which probably meant people were really cracking down on any potential Categories; Jongin was probably too preoccupied with that to worry about what his absentee co-worker was up to. (Judging by the fairly substantial cut across his face – which looked fairly recent – Minseok guessed he was just barely hedging the law. But his blond hair was chopped off and he was looking a bit more well put-together, so Minseok figured he was at least trying.)

As the two sat and waited for their drinks, Baekhyun sighed. “I wish I could text him or something, see how things are going… But they’re probably screening messages and everything. I don’t want to mess everything up,” he said sadly. Minseok opened his mouth to reply, but paused as Kyungsoo brought over their drinks. When the server was gone, Minseok nodded.

“I really want to talk to him tonight, to see if… if things worked out,” he agreed. “But if they got caught overnight, or in the morning…”

“We’ll just have to be patient,” Baekhyun said reluctantly.

“At least you’re good at that,” Minseok replied, and Baekhyun laughed drily.

“Not so much when my boyfriend is risking his life in another country and might not come home.”

“He’s risking his life when he works here too, you know,” Minseok offered gently, and Baekhyun shrugged.

“Yeah, but he’s not working today,” Baekhyun mumbled. “He’s doing the opposite of his job.”

“He’ll be okay, though,” Minseok assured quietly, to comfort both his friend and himself. “He’ll come back – with Luhan. And then this will all be over.”

They both went back to their drinks, knowing they shouldn’t be talking about this in public – and besides, they had come out to get away from all of that. Minseok sipped on his coffee, trying to think of something else to discuss. He didn’t get very far, though, before Jongin was coming over to their table. When Minseok glanced up at him, he saw Jongin’s face was torn with worry, and maybe a bit of frustration.

“You two might want to get the hell out of here,” he muttered to them. “Kyungsoo’s calling you two Categories and threatening to call the cops.”

Baekhyun squeaked, wide eyes turning on Minseok fearfully. “What?”

“I dunno,” Jongin shrugged, moving out of the way as Minseok stood and dragged Baekhyun up with him. “The guy’s crazy. Everyone’s crazy these days. I’ll try to talk him down. Just – go somewhere that’s not here, before he gets you in trouble.”

Minseok was nodding quickly, grabbing their coffees and pulling Baekhyun out of the door with a quick thanks directed at Jongin. He wasn’t even sure if the younger heard it, the boy already heading off to the back room, where Kyungsoo must have gone because he was no longer in sight when Minseok gave one last glance back.

“Minseok,” Baekhyun whined at his side. Minseok just passed him his coffee and kept them moving. Where did they go? Where was safe now?

“He must’ve heard us,” Minseok said anxiously, heart racing and making him feel slightly dizzy. “I don’t know what to do now.”

“Let’s just go home,” Baekhyun begged, but Minseok shook his head. On one hand, he wanted to contact Chanyeol and tell him they might have just compromised the whole thing, but he wasn’t sure. He wasn’t sure about anything. If they called Chanyeol or anything, it might make things worse; if they didn’t Chanyeol and Luhan might end up dead. But that was only if Kyungsoo ratted them out; if the boy kept his mouth shut, they would be okay.

What was stopping Kyungsoo, though? Jongin? What power had he ever had over Do Kyungsoo? If anything, Kyungsoo would probably just get Jongin arrested along with them, knowing how much he hated their co-worker. Anything to get the drug-addict out of his life.

“Minseok.” Baekhyun halted, forcing Minseok to a stop as well, and the older looked back at him. His eyes were full of fear, and he was seconds from crying. Minseok stared at him, feeling overwhelming panic setting in at the realization that every second might be our last. Luhan and Chanyeol might not come home tomorrow. They all might be dead by then.

“What are we going to do?”

Chanyeol was sitting in Sehun’s tiny apartment, tapping his fingers on his knee restlessly as the sound of the clock ticked deafeningly in his ears. There were still at least seven-thousand two-hundred more ticks before they would be leaving for the camp. Seven-thousand two-hundred more ticks to think about everything they were doing, and how the amount of ticks left in his life might be very, very small.

Only when Sehun grabbed his hand and forced his tapping to stop was Chanyeol pulled out of his trance, glancing over half-mindedly at the younger.

“Must you?” Sehun asked him, sounding slightly annoyed. Chanyeol shrugged as Sehun released his hand and his fingers immediately began fidgeting again. “What are you, ADHD or something?”

“Nervous habit,” Chanyeol mumbled. “Are you not worried at all?”

“Not really.”

“You might die today,” Chanyeol reminded him, and Sehun shrugged half-heartedly. He was starting to believe that Sehun was actually soulless. “That doesn’t bother you at all?”

In response, Sehun reached for the remote on his coffee table and flicked on the television. “Three-billion, three-hundred fifty-two million, two-hundred thirteen-thousand people – and counting. All either dead or going to be in less than a week. Minus one, of course, ideally,” he added, switching off the screen again. “If I add to that count, do you really think it’ll make a difference?”

“Maybe not to the whole world, but this is you you’re talking about,” Chanyeol pointed out. “You will literally cease to exist, miss out on another sixty years or whatever. You’ll be gone.”

“So what?” Sehun returned indifferently, and Chanyeol didn’t know what to say. It really didn’t matter to Sehun at all, did it? “Life is pointless anyway. Whether it ends today or decades from now doesn’t make a difference to me. I’m just here until I’m not; nothing in my life makes me want to keep living, nothing makes me want to die. I’ll exist as long as the world keeps me around.”

It sounded so unreal to Chanyeol that he just nodded, not even bothering to try and understand it. He supposed the difference between them was that he had Baekhyun, and Baekhyun made him want to stay alive so he could be with the boy. But Sehun didn’t have a Baekhyun; Chanyeol was pretty sure Sehun didn’t even have a family, or any real friends, or much of anything that really mattered to him.

“Well, if we live, I hope you find your Baekhyun one day,” Chanyeol offered quietly, and Sehun gave a genuine laugh.

“You mean true love?”

“Maybe,” Chanyeol said slowly. “If not love then – a reason to want to live.”

“We’ll see,” Sehun returned, still sounding a bit humoured. “If we live.”

And though they didn’t speak much beyond that, Chanyeol spent the rest of the wait thinking about Baekhyun, and hoping that Sehun would live to find something worth living for.

At three-thirty Sehun announced that it was time to go, and Chanyeol was sure his insides had been eaten away with anxiety by that point, but it only seemed to get worse then. Sehun just led them out and down to a nearby bus stop, the bus arriving just a moment later and picking them up. They rode it to the terminal before catching a second bus, which was apparently an express bus to the middle of nowhere, because it filled at the terminal and didn’t make any stops. It made Chanyeol slightly nervous (on top of all the intense nerves he was already battling; it didn’t help). But the bus simply took them out to a huge building – clearly the camp, but far superior to the one they had back home. Of course, this was supposed to be the largest one in the world, but it was still so much more than Chanyeol had ever imagined.

They stopped outside of the building, and Chanyeol got off with the group of plainly-dressed man – he was the only one in uniform, and it made him feel like he stood out immensely. He fell into the group’s pace beside Sehun, but didn’t speak a word as the rest of the group was silent. Reaching the gates, they were all admitted without a glance, but at the second, interior gate everyone was pulling out badges or identification. Sehun had prepared him for this, and he quickly copied them, pulling out the paperwork Sehun had given him just before they had left. It was all written in Chinese, and for all he knew it was just a detailed description of what he was planning to do; he found himself praying as his heartbeat blocked out all outer sounds.

The group moved quickly through the gates, and then Chanyeol was reaching the guards, holding out the paper for one of the men to take. The page was scanned quickly and returned to Chanyeol, and then something was ordered at him and the man pointed off to the left. That way? Chanyeol guessed that was his instruction, and headed off as he was directed, officially separating from Sehun. They didn’t even exchange a glance or anything; Chanyeol couldn’t risk it, and he knew Sehun wouldn’t have bothered watching after him anyway.

About a quarter of the way around the building, Chanyeol reached another gate, which he assumed was where he was supposed to be going. Here, his paperwork changed hands again, and this guard read it over before handing it to another guard beside him. At this point, Chanyeol wasn’t sure what happened, but they seemed to discuss it for a moment (even saying something to Chanyeol, but it was waved off quickly) and then the second guard beckoned Chanyeol to follow him through the gates.

And then he was in. Halfway there. He just needed to get out again.

The guard took him down a row of identical vans, stopping at one a fair distance from the doors and tapping it, saying something to Chanyeol. Chanyeol just stared at him, and the man shook his head, pointing at Chanyeol and then back to the van, repeating the word.

“Me?” Chanyeol offered in Chinese. The man gave him a thumbs up before pulling out a key and handing it to Chanyeol. With that, he headed off, leaving Chanyeol alone with the van.

That wasn’t so bad. If the rest of the evening was like this, they would get Luhan out no problem, and Chanyeol would be back to Baekhyun in another eighteen hours. But of course, Sehun had said his part would be easy enough; it was what Sehun was doing inside that Chanyeol had to worry about now.

Chanyeol kept his eyes on the clock, hoping the next three hours would go by as easily as the rest of the day had.

The moment they got on the bus to the camp, Sehun blocked Chanyeol out completely. He didn’t want to seem connected to him in any way; there had never once been a time when Sehun had come to the camp with anyone else, and he didn’t want to give the appearance of anything different today. By the time he was inside the camp, he had almost forgotten that Chanyeol had even been with him, and inside the second gates, Sehun was alone.

He couldn’t really imagine how Chanyeol could manage to blow this, but if he did, Sehun doubted he would know about it anyway until he was hauling Luhan out and couldn’t find Chanyeol. That would be a bit of a problem. Ideally, Chanyeol wouldn’t do anything stupid, and Sehun would be able to get through this easily. Then his life could just go back to normal.

Normal-ish, anyway.

Inside the building, new wave of guards headed to the change room just as the previous shift were getting out, and as they all changed into their uniforms, quiet conversations slowly began to bubble. As Sehun himself was pulling on his shirt, one of the guards came up to him and started talking. This, unfortunately, was usual. The man talked away endlessly for a moment until Sehun said “I literally have no idea what you’re saying” in Korean, and the man went quiet before breaking into a grin and chattering on further. Why did that encourage you?! But rather than just turning his back or walking away like he normally would, he continued dressing and at least pretending to pay attention to the guy. Because he owed him that, Sehun supposed. The guy – whose name Sehun didn’t even know – had unknowingly helped him with the whole Luhan thing.

Everyone grew quiet again as they marched to various spots of the camp, splitting off here and there to attend to different places. Sehun went straight down to the holding area, his not-so-friend following right after him. When they got inside, Sehun began his rounds immediately, going clockwise around the place as usual though today he felt drawn towards the area Luhan was in. It’s not like he’s going anywhere; you have hours to kill before you need to worry about him.

Still, he started singing quietly in Korean – nothing in particular, just whatever came to mind until he was within earshot of Luhan. Then he sang about how today is the day, Chanyeol is here, be ready when I tell you, just to tip Luhan off that things were all going as planned. He didn’t look to the prisoner, but assumed the man had heard him and continued his mindless singing for a while before fading out a few minutes later.

Not that Sehun would ever admit it, but he felt somewhat tense every time he looped round past Luhan’s spot. He knew this was something of a natural bodily reaction to a potentially stressful situation, but if he were to ever say as much to someone, he knew they would belittle him and tell him he was afraid. He wasn’t afraid, not in the least; Sehun was prepared to do what he needed, exactly as he’d planned – which he had planned thoroughly and acted out in his mind several times until his plan was as close to perfection as it could get – and then he would continue on with his life as of tomorrow, assuming he made it out with his life. If he didn’t, he had already accepted any fate that could be thrown at him – if he died, he died; whatever happened, happened. There was nothing for him to fear, because he already knew all the possible outcomes that he could face and had accepted them all.

Oh Sehun was not afraid to do this. And no one would ever know otherwise, if he were.

Somehow, Minseok and Baekhyun ended up in a restaurant on the other side of the city that neither of them had even heard of before. Baekhyun had vaguely said something about how it was probably better that way, since Minseok had explained that the first place the police would look for them were places that were familiar to them. Which was why they couldn’t go home, and why they were in some strange, Mexican-themed place sipping on margaritas. Every time they saw a guard go by the window, Minseok felt the need to duck his head. Fortunately, none of the guards came into the restaurant, and no one seemed to recognize them (Minseok had already begun to imagine wanted signs all over the city with his and Baekhyun’s faces on them).

“What now, hyung?” Baekhyun asked him quietly. Minseok shook his head slowly.

“I have no idea,” he mumbled.

“I wish we could call ‘Yeol and warn him…”

Minseok sighed, wanting the same but knowing it was no use. What could they do now? If they went home – to either of their homes – the police might be waiting. They couldn’t call anyone, not just Chanyeol, because their numbers would be in the systems. And…

“Oh no,” Minseok blanked. “Do you have your phone on you?” Baekhyun nodded, looking concerned. “Is it turned off?” Minseok asked weakly.

“Location tracker?” Baekhyun gulped, and Minseok pulled out his phone, turning it off though it was off course too late for anything like that. It had been over an hour since they’d left his work; the police could be swarming outside of this restaurant right now, ready to shoot the moment they walked out.

“We’re screwed, aren’t we?” Baekhyun uttered, reading Minseok’s mind. Minseok squeezed his eyes shut, trying to think of a way out of this, but nothing was coming to mind. “You’d think they’d be here by now,” Baekhyun said softly, and Minseok opened his eyes again to see Baekhyun staring out the window, a slight frown in his features. When he looked back at the older, Baekhyun looked somewhat confused. “I mean, from what Chanyeol always says… As soon as they get a tip, they move. There’s no waiting around…”

“We hid pretty well, I guess,” Minseok said softly. A Mexican restaurant wasn’t exactly a criminal hideout; maybe they should ask to stay overnight.

“Yeah, but how many guards did we pass along the way?” Baekhyun noted, and Minseok gave a frown. “They’d be looking for us the moment Kyungsoo called.”

“Unless Kyungsoo didn’t call yet…”

“I thought you said he was on the law’s side or whatever?”

“He is,” Minseok said firmly. “But, I dunno, maybe Jongin knocked him out or something?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, but Minseok just shrugged. He wouldn’t really put it past Jongin to do something like that. “Do you think it’d be a bad idea to call?”

“Probably,” Baekhyun said feebly. “But I guess if we’re gonna die anyway, it doesn’t make a difference.”

That wasn’t exactly the attitude Minseok had been hoping for, but it was enough to convince him to power his phone up again and call his work, praying Kyungsoo wouldn’t answer. Luck seemed to be on his side today, because it was Joonmyun who picked up the phone. Minseok asked for Jongin, expecting Joonmyun to tell him the boy was dead, but instead the manager just asked him to hold on a minute.

“Hello?” Jongin’s voice came in uncertainly.

“Hi Jongin.”

“Is it too much to hope that this is my Confirmation call?”

Minseok had to laugh at that. “A bit too much,” he said. “This is Minseok; are you okay?”

“Oh, hi,” Jongin said, and he did sound a bit disappointed. The guy wouldn’t be able to pass a Confirmation check anyway, it was definitely better if he didn’t get one. “Yeah, I survived the wrath. I’m bleeding in everyone’s coffee now, though.”

Minseok simultaneously though ew and what? He chose to ask the latter.

“Kyungsoo hit me,” Jongin explained and he sounded… smug. Typical of Jongin to react like that to Kyungsoo hitting him; he was probably proud that he’d made the boy crack. “Reopened my cut. People like hitting me. I’m not actually bleeding anymore, by the way.”

“That’s good.” I guess. It wasn’t really what Minseok wanted to talk about.

“So are you at home then?”

“No,” he hedged. “We’re worried about Kyungsoo.” He couldn’t help being vague in fear that someone was listening in on his call; he just hoped Jongin understood what he meant.

“Oh.” Jongin went quiet for a second, and Minseok feared what that meant. However when he spoke again, Minseok could hear the grin in his words. “Don’t. I took care of him, you’re good. Just – behave.”

Minseok felt a wave of relief pass over him, and couldn’t help sighing gratefully. “We will,” he lied.

“And so will I,” Jongin returned, making Minseok smile again. “I have to go though; I still have a grumpy co-worker to deal with for the next couple hours, and need to conserve my energy if I hope to survive.”

“Good luck,” Minseok offered. “And thank you,” he added sincerely.

“My kind cover for each other, no worries. You owe me though,” Jongin joked. At least, Minseok thought he was joking. “Gotta go now.” And then the line went dead.

Minseok felt substantially better about the fact that they still seemed to be safe so far – and Chanyeol was (hopefully) safe, and Luhan was safe. They hadn’t messed everything up yet, thankfully. Although, what Jongin had said – implying that Minseok was part of his kind – did stick with him.

But whatever. It was worth being considered a criminal as long as he got to be reunited with Luhan tomorrow and no one died any time soon. Though Minseok had a feeling he might not be so lucky; he only hoped that feeling turned out to be wrong.

3,353,672,118.

A/n: Baekhyun and Minseok got off really lucky in their Mexican hideout ㅋㅋ But really, they aren't even part of the plan and they somehow almost mess it up. Everyone cross your fingers that Chanyeol and Sehun at least get through this without doing something dumb like talking about their plans in a public place when Do Kyungsoo is in the room. *clears throat* Fortunately Jongin has a silver tongue (I'll let you think he talked Kyungsoo out of it) and now a reopened wound. (Way to take one for the team, Jongin.) Also, if you're wondering about the cut - we haven't read about this?! - please remember that the Kaisoo timeline is slightly behind everyone else's, so where their story left off was about 2 weeks before all of this. And I won't be covering Kaisoo anymore in here, because they have a whole sequel where I'll tell you all about them~

Anyway, what could possibly go wrong with the plan if Sehun follows it as well as Chanyeol has - right? (And Minseok, isn't it a tad bit ignorant to hope no one is dying anytime soon?) *chastises own characters* Feel free to yell at anyone (including me :o). If not, indoor voices are acceptable too. All the action to occur in the grand finale that is next chapter~

Give some love to some of my new fics while you're waiting for this one to update: Recreation (Baekyeol fic where they fall into a video game), Stories (main Kaisoo wherein Kyungsoo fails a grade to get closer to the boy who writes the weather for their school newspaper), and Crush (an at least semi-crack Kaisoo where Kyungsoo wants to meet the dance captain Kris and Jongin promises to help out). All came from my Exo fanfic request shop :) Check my masterlist for all my fics~