ONE.

Living Under The Society

{ The Project }

8:00 a.m. In The University Square

 

Jiyeon sighed while whistling to her favourite tune. She was swinging her legs as she sat on top of the short concrete wall, while looking around and occasionally staring back at the books on her hand. Jiyeon is a nerd, a nerd in school. Many people do not fancy her as she would be always the one that nags the most in group projects, and would pull up the bellcurve of the GPA. 

Jiyeon was always frowned upon, or stared at in classes. In lectures, she would be sitting at a corner all alone with Myungsoo, the other nerd. People would occasionally black-mouth her with their friends, but other than that, nobody really care about her existence. Her tutorial classes also meant the same, no one will sit with her, other than Myungsoo. Class participations never really engage her, as she did not dare to speak up in the class. She practically knew no one in the class, except for Myungsoo.

She stared at the watch again, while looking up at the clear, morning sky. Looking left and right again, she took out her phone and messaged Myungsoo, pestering him to hurry over to her. She sighed panickly, while scoffed as she stare at the ticking watch. After another long minute of wait, Myungsoo arrived from behind, all panting heavily and sweating badly.

"What took you so long?" Jiyeon said.

"Ah, I woke up late today. Studied way past midnight yesterday." Myungsoo said, wiping the sweat off his neck with his bare hands while Jiyeon shook her head in disgust and wiped it off on behalf of him with her tissue paper.

Jiyeon smirked while tossing the tissue paper into the rubbish can while both of them starting to walk to the lecture hall. Myungsoo secretly glanced at Jiyeon, while smiling as he reminisced the scene earlier on. 

They stepped into the lecture hall 5 minutes past the starting time. All eyes were on them as they slowly made their way up to the highest level, and sat on the upper corner of the lecture hall. The lecturer gave an unsatisfied look while continuing with his lecture. He was discussing about the Fabrics properties in this lecture and most of the people in the lecture hall were droned by his monotonous, lifeless voice as he kept on dragging and repeating points and points of the topic.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo were the exceptions, listening carefully as they wrote down notes neatly on their lecture book, while earning some glares from other students, which seemed to be bewildered by their spontaneous attention. 

Many were surprised and disliked the fact that both of them could literally pay attention to anything. They were so detailed in writing notes, and they could even tolerate listening to a boring lecture made by the lifeless lecturer, Mr Choi. Mr Choi was known to be the most lifeless lecturer in the Design School, and it was a surprise that Jiyeon and Myungsoo was studying and listening so attentively in his classes.

"Pssst, what a nerd." One girl whispered from seats below them.

They could hear those whispers and noises, since given the tranquility of the lecture hall, it was almost possible to hear pindrops and every single sound in the lecture hall.

"What can they do anyway? They live because of books, theories, laws, formulas, and their lecture books. Basically they just live by eating those papers and stationeries." Another girl whispered back while chuckling silently.

Jiyeon sighed while Myungsoo eyed those girls while turning his glaze to Jiyeon again. She could Jiyeon heave a sigh while staring at her book solemnly, writing and doodling some pictures on the lecture book again. Myungsoo sighed while patting onto Jiyeon shoulders and furrowed his brows, asking quietly on her whether she was alright.

Jiyeon looked at him with worried eyes while nodding her head assuringly, however Myungsoo was not convinced by it. He then grabbed her hand and patted on her palm, while smiling cutely at her, in which Jiyeon smiled back naturally at him while removing from his grip and continued taking down notes attentively.

This is how Myungsoo make her happy. Melting her with his adorable smile. Jiyeon would always be cheered up or given in with his cute, adorable smile. It was a mystery that Myungsoo was just a small child in heart.

"Alright class, time to wake up, for those sleepyheads. We will now assign you with the project. Come on down and take the handouts for the project." Mr Choi said, placing a stack of papers on the desk, while the students came down and grabbed the paper one-by-one in an orderly, old-fashioned manner as they went back to their respective seats.

Mr Choi began explaining and discussing the project outlines, and told the necessary information on the project. 

"So, this project will be on retail and fashion management. Alright, so, all you need to do is to set up and create your own fashion line, open a small boutique anywhere in Seoul, however you need to give us the address so that we can consistently assess your work (store)." Mr Choi said. He pressed on the next slides, showing the deadlines and finally showing the groups. 

"All these could be found in your handouts, so, during tutorial lessons, apart from going through questions, you will have your group discussions as well after those questions are done with." Mr Choi added on. He then continued again, "So, those guidelines must be followed, and you will be issued a million won as starting income. At the end of it, your profits must be submitted back to the school for future use, alongside with the million won. You will be issued with certificates for this project. This ceritificate will help you to polish your portfolio, so you better do a good job. Apart from that, this project is also 50% of your entire subject grade, so it weighs a heavy percentage in this subject. Do it well alright?"

"Okay, that's all I have to say, you may go hang out with your groupmates or leave." Mr Choi said, ending the lecture as he the front lights as the people all got up from their seats and packed their stuff up. 

Jiyeon and Myungsoo stare into the piece of paper in disbelief. They were although happy they had each other in the group, but they had Luna, and Hoya in the group as well. Jiyeon gulped as she stare at Myungsoo, whom stared back at her. Luna was much of a delinquent in the class. Her grades were mediocre, but her personality was lacking.

She did not bother about studies. She would only study an hour before the examinations. She put no emphasis in her work, she did not like to socialize much as well. Rumours said that she was involved in gangs and gang fights occasionally, which totally creeped the hell out of both Jiyeon and Myungsoo. Luna soon came towards them and slammed the piece of paper on the desk tablets infront of Jiyeon. 

"Looks like we're a team. Nice to meet you." Luna said coldly, staring emotionlessly at Jiyeon whom shook her hands gently. Luna then removed her hands away quickly while caressing the hand.

"Looks like we also have Lee Howon this bastard in our team. Hah, I'll really anticipate this project. Looks like we're bound to fail even if we have you two smarties in our team." Luna said, smirking.

Jiyeon looked at her curiously. Stuttering her voice, she then asked, "Wh-Wh-What do you mean by that?" 

Luna smirked. "You mean you guys don't know? Oh please, he's from our class right?" Luna said.

"Yeah, we know that.. J-J-Just that we never see him come for classes." Myungsoo replied back.

Luna snapped her fingers. "Yeah, that's the total point of it. He doesn't come for classes or whatnots, yet he's in the university. He knows Mr Choi. In fact, that Mr Choi is somehow related to him I guess. But whatever, he wouldn't care about this project, so it's just a three-person team now." Luna scoffed at them.

"Anyway, see ya." Luna said coldly and stepped out of the lecture hall.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo soon exited the lecture hall while Jiyeon took a huge breath in. "That was scary. She was so scary.. But at the same time, she seems kinda friendly." Jiyeon commented.

"Maybe she's those sort that is cold to others but friendly inside to people close to her." Myungsoo guessed as Jiyeon nodded her head in agreement. 

"What do we do about Hoya-sshi?" Jiyeon said.

"I also don't know how he looks like at all." Myungsoo said.

"Aiish, but I don't think three of us are gonna cope well with it right?" Jiyeon said frustratedly.

Myungsoo nodded his head. "Anyway, we see how it goes, if we can't cope, then we gotta find this guy no matter what." Myungsoo said. "C'mon, lets go study now." Myungsoo said as he brushed his hands at Jiyeon's long flowing hair.

"Alright, library?" Jiyeon suggested as Myungsoo smiled brightly and nodded her head as both of them left off to the library to study intensively again. As expected as always.

 

10:20 a.m. In School Campus Basketball Court

 

"GOAL! HECK YEAH!" Dongwoo said, pump with Hoya as Hoya made a shot into the hoop. He was sweating profusely, beads of perspiration trickled down his neck as he was all sweaty and he was truly working out in the basketball court. He then made some more shots into hoop, and beating out the opponent team.

After another 10 minutes of game, the game stopped as one of his friends blew the whistle, signalling the end of the game while Hoya made fist pumps to the team mates and the opponent mates. It was a 3 vs 3 game match, Hoya with his team mates Dongwoo and Woohyun was battling in basketball against the rivalry team, composing of Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Sungjong.

Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Sungjong lost badly against Hoya's team as Hoya was cheering and jumping victoriously with Dongwoo and Woohyun. They high-fived each other simultaneously while Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Sungjong went to grab some water at the bench nearby while panting heavily and staring a them with much despise.

"Yah you guys are obviously unfair. You left me with these weaklings." Sunggyu said, pointing to Sungyeol and Sungjong whom in return smacked his arms painfully in retribution.

"I'm sorry, but we're just too sporty for you guys?" Hoya said, smirking.

"Yeah too sporty, but not smart." Sungjong hissed.

Hoya widened his eyes and eyed at Sungjong while Sunggyu clapped his hands and laughed loudly. "Yeah so true, so true." Sunggyu said, continuously laughing.

"If only you would put in effort in your studies like how you play basketball." Dongwoo said. "You always skip lectures, tutorials and other stuff, don't you even care about studies. Sports are great, but studies are the main thing in University, y'know." Dongwoo added on as Hoya hushed at him while wiping his sweat off his neck with a towel.

"I know where are you guys getting at, I know studies are important, it's just that studies are a meh for me." Hoya said as they all scoffed back at him in disgust.

"You seriously have not studied or attended any class to even judge studying." Woohyun said.

"Yeah talk about hypocrisy." Sungyeol retorted back at Hoya.

"Whatever guys, I'm off now." Hoya said, grabbing his sports sack on his shoulders.

"Where to?" Sungjong asked.

"Somewhere nice and relaxing. Maybe the library to catch some sleep." Hoya said, winking at them and left them dumbfounded by his actions.

"Will he ever study?" Sungjong asked the other friends.

Woohyun shook his head and raised his shoulders. "Maybe, but from the looks of it now, I don't think that time would come soon, or maybe never.. But for sure, he's gonna regret this if he continues to slack university life." Woohyun answered.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo arrived at the level 5 of the library. The level where it was a silent level, whereby students are only allowed to whisper, any student talking will be asked to leave that level. Jiyeon and Myungsoo liked studying in this level, there were much lesser distractions and they could effectively study in this level. Other levels of the library would always be pretty loud with all the discussions of projects and talkings of the students.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo went scouting for empty study desks while they met upon Luna and her delinquent friends. Her delinquent friends all had piercing on their mouth while Luna raised her hand up and waved her hands at them as her other delinquent friends were checking out on Jiyeon and Myungsoo.

Both of them started to grew more nervous as they waved their hands back nervously while hurriedly walking away and finally finding two empty study desks at a corner of the level. They placed their bags on the table while took out their books as Myungsoo tapped onto her shoulders. 

"That was so awkward. Their staring at us so... so... scarily." Myungsoo commented.

Jiyeon nodded her head in agreement and added on, "They really scare the hell out of me. Their aura is just too mysterious for me. I'm so nervous back then." 

"Same goes for me." Myungsoo replied as they all started flipping their books and studying quietly while Myungsoo plugged in some music while studying his lecture book attentively. 

He was those sort of people that could study with music. Studying with music works for him, while it was the total opposite for Jiyeon. She could never concentrate on her studies with music.

They were happily studying their books while highlighting important points, while adding on the book with extra notes and information on the sides of the book. They were nerds for a reason. Jiyeon then took pieces of rough paper out and wrote her own notes, while Myungsoo practiced some questions on writing paper.

They had their fun time studying until they were disrupted by snores of somebody near them. They looked around, nobody was sleeping. However, the snores grew louder and some people were distracted and disturbed by the snores.

Some gave a disgusted glare while some looked around for the source of the snores. Myungsoo could not hear them but Jiyeon was definitely disrupted by it. Jiyeon tapped onto Myungsoo's shoulders whom removed his earpiece and Jiyeon whispered to him, "somebody is sleeping here so loudly. You hear those snores?" 

Myungsoo paused for awhile to hear the snores, giving a disgusted look, both of them stood up, creeping up from the desk to see a guy, with muscular arms and built body, dressed in singlet sleeping on the desk.

"Let's move to somewhere else. looks like he's gonna sleep for a long time." Myungsoo said as Jiyeon nodded her head in agreement, carrying their stuff to another table that is much more quite and serene.

 

A librarian managed to stroll and patrol across the area with Hoya snoring and sleeping loudly on the tables, and one of the students reported him to the librarian. The librarian shook her head in disgust while sighing as she dragged her feet up to the guy in singlet. Shook his arm and kicking his chair a few times, she managed to woke Hoya up.

She stare at him while crossing her arms in disgust as Hoya rubbed his eyes dreamily and smirked at the librarian.

"Junhee-sshi, so you woke me up today." Hoya said flirtariously.

"It's Juniel. Call me that and not Junhee. You're just a nobody to call me that name." Juniel said, as she pointed her fingers to the exit sign. 

"What's up Juniel-sshi. Why..." Hoya said, whining.

Juniel shook her head in disappointment while continued to point at the exit sign. "I'm just doing my job." Juniel said.

"Fine... alright. See ya after your shift." Hoya said, pecking her cheeks and left the library. Juniel sighed while continued patrolling around the level 5. 

It was 4p.m. and Juniel was knocked out from work. She was walking out of the library when she felt someone was tugging on her arm. She turned around and Hoya pulled her to him. Hoya wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed his lips on her lips, in which Juniel widened her eyes in shock.

She hurriedly pushed him away, while wiping her lips and staring at Hoya angrily. "What was that for?!" Juniel screamed at him, while stomping her feet on the ground.

"Sorry babe, but you look cute though." Hoya said.

"Aish, shut up, let's break up." Juniel said coldly.

Hoya's heart crashed into pieces upon her request. Hoya looked at her in disbelief, while remaining silent, trying to give her time to explain herself. Juniel sighed while looking at him emotionlessly.

"You know why? Because I don't like the fact that despite I keep asking you to study and persuading you to attend classes, you still wouldn't listen to me at all. You just continue doing things your way. I don't know why you're doing this, but you're just basically ruining your future and your life in fact." Juniel said.

She paused for awhile before adding on, "I also don't want to date a guy that has no say or have no plans for his future. I want a confident guy. I am just sick and tired of your playfulness, you just play too much and never get serious and study." Juniel said, but Hoya gripped onto her wrist tightly while looking at her sadly.

"Please...Please just don't." Hoya said weakily.

Juniel looked at him and heaved another sigh. "Sorry if I upset you. Thanks for this 2 years of love though.. But I'm really sorry we can't continue any more like this." Juniel said apologetically and left hurriedly.

There, Juniel left Hoya astonished and lost. Hoya felt as if his world had came to his end. He saw it coming though, his recklessness, his playfulness would surely land him up in deep . There he felt it, the deep of her girlfriend breaking up with him over his playfulness and his lack of interest in studying. 

Hoya slowly dragged his feet to the park nearby and sat on one of the benches while stomped his feet hard on the ground and smacked his lap. He really hated himself, he felt really useless for not preserving his relationship with Juniel.

He took out his phone as he deleted all the photos with Juniel. He then placed the phone down on the bench while looking up at the clear sky, while a tear finally escaped out of his eyes.

 

"Wow, it's already 9." Jiyeon said, yawning. 

"Can I go to your dorm room again?" Myungsoo said. Jiyeon looked at him in disgust, "Just hope you won't get caught." She replied him.

"Of course I won't. It's not like my first time anyway." Myungsoo said. "I'm good at this, alright." Myungsoo bragged while Jiyeon simply shook her head and scoffed at him.


I'm enjoying myself as I write this. I try to write them based on my school rofl. Hahaha, anyway do comment and tell me your opinions on this chapter! I'll try to update again later.

Anyway, on a side note... CONGRATS MAH AWESOME INFINITE FOR WINNING BEST MALE GROUP and SONY BEST WORLD-WIDE PERFORMER!  You guys freaking deserve it.

COMMENT AND SUSCRIBE!