Red and Green.

Princess of China

 ___________________________

 

1 month passed in the Chagul's house. The barbarian slaves wasn't more obedient and some of them died because they tried to escape, but the soldiers were too foxy, and the slaves were all caught. However the slaves seems to be lost without Kai who was know at the service of the empress, he was like a chief for them, so their plan of evasion were not well made. Kai was way more intelligent then us, an expert in strategy. But that expert of war was now all the day next, not even next, but behind a little lady, forced to do useless tasks like bring some water or find a towel. His hatred for her was huge, and that was the same for Fen. But sometimes, the both of them seems to be curious about the other one, and without admitting it, they wanted to start talking again. Actually since the accident of the sudden change of Kai while he was speaking about his country, they never talked again. He was to

o proud to apologize and she was too shy to do something.

Lately, Fen was tired of that war between them,she was trying to smile at him and to be nice. One day, while Kai was picking some flowers outside on order of the governess, Fen went on the terrace and watched him work. At the beginning he didn't pay attention, but finally after a few minutes he raised his head in her direction. He looked at her, his eyes were half closed because of the sun, and his hair was wet because of the sweating. His look was sharp, and determined. Fen blushed, and finally she said 
"-You are a good worker now!
 -This is this, or the whip...
 -Even so, you work hard and I appreciate it.
 - I don't know how I should react to this...
 -This is a compliment
 -Alright...
 -A "thank you" would be great
 -Thanks empress."
And then Kai walked away, in a terrible silence. Fen was upset of herself to show to him interest whereas he was less than a dog in this world. A slave is really nothing, an empress should not speak to him. "Idiot! She thought. He eve

n don't like me..."

The next morning was sunny, the little bird was singing and the flowers was looking incredibly fresh. But Fen was still in the dark, feeling alone as hell. She was looking at her letters with her counselor like every Wednesday morning, when she saw a red package. Her counselor was very very small, with a little black mustache and little round glasses, he didn't had a lot of hair because he was always stressed, his job was quite important, he was working all the time. He took the package, and examined it. "This is from Korea" he murmured. Indeed, the package was all red and that was the color of the korean country, who was just next Changul. The package looked great, he was shiny and decorated by ribbons. Fen was really excited and wanted to open it but the counselor was taking all his time. With his little round glasses he was inspected every millimeter of the package. After a few minutes of a long waiting for Fen, he opened it. In it, there was a letter and a statuette of a dragon, made of copper. The letter was an invitation for a ball! "...It would be an honor if the Empress of Changul would be in my party that I created in the happy event of the 22th birthday of my son [...] here's a present to show you my consideration [...]" 
Effectively, the king of Korea was insisted to see Fen at the ball because he was a very good friend with his father. His death really touched him and since this day he offered some presents to Fen to be sure that the Changul House wouldn't vanish. The king was named "Jong-Eun", and Fen's father was one of the only men that he respected. That Jong-Eun had several sons, and apparently he was celebrating the birthday of his third sons : "Baekhyun". Fen had no idea who he was, or what he was looking like. 
But of course her governess jump on the opportunity...
"-Wouldn't you like to be married to a Korean prince! I heard a lot of good things about his sons, and you would become very powerful and-
 -Oh oh oh stop stop stop granny! I even don't know how he looks like!
But the governess wasn't listening, she was in her thoughts :
 -Mmh.. A korean boy... Why not...
 -Granny ?
 -They are good husband I guess...
 -Helloooo granny!
 -I heard that they are mainly good for too...
 -Omg eww stop granny!!
 -Oh sorry! I was thinking.
 -My girl, I will find the perfect dress for you!
 -Alright... But hurry up, the party is in two days!"

Two hours before the before the party, Fen was combing her hair in her room. The brush was caressing her long dark and straight hair, calmly. She was closing her eyes, listening to the silence, who will be break soon. She liked when there was not a sound around her, and these moments were rare.
Suddenly, the governess entered in the room and yelled at the servants to come to take care of the Empress. There the silence was finished. One servant took care of her hairstyle and an other one of her make up. "Semi attached hairstyle and a smoky make up" yelled the governess. She was looking so nervous, Fen tried to calm her by saying that the ball is in two hours they have time, but for the governess that wasn't enough. Fen was comfortably sit on her chair, loving the feeling of the brushes on her skin and the fingers on her scalp. When the servants finished their work, Ju Hui arrived in the bedroom with a big bag. In it, a gorgeous dress, almost like a kimono but way more open, showing more skin. It was red and green, at the color of her house and the color of Korea. There was some red dragons on it, undulating on the silk. This dress perfectly suited Fen. It was open on the side to show a big part of her left leg,the handle was wide and was stopping at the elbows. This was y and elegant at the same time. "You are ready empress" murmured the governess, with admiration in her eyes. Fen asked for a moment alone, and then everybody left the room. She looked at the mirror and she didn't recognize herself, she was a woman now. She went out, in the garden, to walk a little bit, refreshing her mind before the ball. The wet grass was tickling her feet , and the fresh air was invigorating. But then, she saw a shape in the dark, she approached it to see who it was.
"-Oh! Hi Empress"
That was Kai. He looked at her during a long minute, and he saw how gorgeous she was tonight. 
"-The empress go out ? He asked.
 -Yes, a party in Korea.
 -You uh... You are beautiful !
This was the first time that Kai was nice with her. Fen didn't resist to blush.
 -Thanks... She answered with a shy smile."
Kai smiled too. Since a long time she didn't see him smiling, and then when she saw him, all the pain in her heart went away for a little moment. She definitely felt something for him, and she was sure, since his smile, that she felt something for this handsome slave. But a yell from the governess stop the nice moment, obliging her to go the the ball. Kai wished her a good night, and she did the same.

During the short trip to Korea, she thought only about Kai. His smile was lovely... She wasn't thinking about "oh this is a slave", no, she was simply thinking about a nice guy who had smiled to her, like a normal girl. But for sure, the people in her world, wouldn't understand that...

The castle of Korea was really huge and full of red decorations. It was a very pleasant place, full of fountains and paper lanterns with dragons draw on it. The interior was great too, the party was in a big big room, in a golden and red color, and some enormous white hibiscus everywhere. There were a lot of tables, next to the wall there was the food who was waiting on tables, in the middle the dance floor. But there was a table who seems to be more important than the others because it was way more decorated and bigger. This was certainly the table of Baekhyun and Jong-Eun. There were some ladies with amazing kimonos, with bright colors. One of them had a pink and bright blue kimono with some purple flowers on it, Fen liked it a lot. Her green and red Kimono was certainly the darkest kimono in the room, so Fen was making a contrast with the others girls and she was easily noticed.
All the guests joined in the big room, and waited for the Prince. They waited a long time, and finally the big doors opened. The Prince with his father the King arrived and all the guests applauded them. They waved and bowed to welcome their guests, and they start to see every guests one by one. Fen watched the Prince from away, he was veeery handsome! His hair was brown, a little bit red like the color of his house, his eyes were foxy, and his skin very pale. His smile was in a way devilish, and he had that arrogant aspect, but this was suiting him, and making him look y.  After 30 minutes, he finally arrived to Fen who was accompanied of his little counselor. They bowed each other and finally Baekhyun talked the first :
"-I'm glad you came to my party, this is a big honor. My father told me how important your family is for us!
 -This is an honor for me too to be invited by you Prince.
 -In the top of that you looks gorgeous! What an amazing dress! I like darkerst color like what you wear, this is ier, and this make your skin looks paler this is beautiful!
When he pronounced these words, Fen shivered. His voice was so pleasant, and the way that he said that was really charming.
 -T-thanks...
 -Oh I would like to stay with you longer but I have to welcome all my guests, see you later !"
And he went away, with a little wink for Fen which caused almost a nosebleed to her. "What a charming man... She thought. He seems to like me eheh..." But she had no time to dream about him that the counselor ran to the food, which made Fen laugh a lot.
But the ball was passing and Baekhyun didn't come back to speak to her. He spoke to all the girls, and Fen was so jealous. He was charming all of them, and she realized that Baekhyun was not particularly interested in Fen but he was interested in all the girls! And she hated men like this, really. An other disappointment for her. So she decided to go out of this ball earlier because she was fed up with this, but when she went out of the room, somebody took her arms and prevent her to walk away. She turned back and saw the handsome face of Baekhyun, smiling at her.
"-You will not leave so early ! 
 -unfortunately, yes. She replied sharply.
Her eyes were so cold, whereas Baekhyun's eyes were burning of passion. The first who is cold with him.
Baekhyun dropped her arms and had a surprised face.
 -Are you upset against me ? He asked to .
 -If you think that all my thoughts are for you then you are wrong. I go now.
 -A cold mind in a hot body!
 -You are a ert!
 -No I'm not, I'm just realistic, I mean look at you!
 -Omg...
 -You can say what you want, I don't think you wear that dress for your counselor miss, so what you want, to impress me isn't it ? He said with a wink.
Fen didn't know what to answer.
 -I don't want to impress y-you, okay! Let me alone now!
 -This is a pity that a beautiful girl like you is such-
 -Such what uh?
 -No never mind!
Fen quickly try to went away but Baekhyun caught her arms again:
 -I like you Fen.
Fen didn't answer, looked at him in a long silence. He was looking at her deeply, with a magnetic look and a charming smile but she didn't smiling back to him. His eyes was completely pierced Fen, she felt him in all her body. Shivering, and shivering again. But she went back to the reality and finally she escaped from Baekhyun and went to her soldiers and asked them to come back to her house. The counselor arrived and they start to came back home. The words "I like you Fen" resounded in her tired mind, it was around 00a.m, and a part of her was regretting to didn't stay at the ball but an other part was thinking :

"That sparkling kitty idiot, I hate him"

When she thought about him, at the ball, with all these women around him, she wanted to cry.
Maybe he was honest...
Maybe he is just a stupid man who only think about ....



"Why I didn't stayed longer" she though with a sigh

 

____________________________________________