Baekkie, gomawo

❝ dorkycookie's ONESHOT COLLECTION ❞

HyeRin POV

I browsed through the pictures on my phone, reminiscing the moments I had spent with him.

 

"Yah! Delete that picture!" He crossed his arms.

I stuck my tongue out and ran off with the camera. He chased after me and caught me in his arms. We lay down on the sandy beach and he repeated for me to delete the picture of him with the cream from the cake we bought on his face. 

I smiled and replied,"I don't want to. You look cute there." 

He chuckled and said,"You don't have to look there to see me cute. I'm always cute."

I kissed his cheek and whispered,"."

 

Unknowingly, a lone tear rolled down my cheek. I swiped to the other picture.

 

"Baekkie!! Ppalli! I want a nice picture of us." I hurried him to come over.

We were having a picnic in a park that day. It was sunny but breezy. He rushed over to me and I snapped many pictures, all consisting of our goofy faces.

"Okay, enough goofy pictures. Now for one we can display on our wedding." He said and took the camera from me. He draped and arm around my shoulder and we smiled for the picture. I swear I was so happy then when he said 'on our wedding'.

 

I turned my tablet off, not wanted to feel more empty than I already was.

"Flight EJ105 boarding passengers now." I heard over the PA system. I picked up my handcarry bag and headed over to the departure hall.

Bye, Baekkie. I whispered in my heart.

 

As I sat on the plane, I wondered if what I was doing was right. I wondered if I would be happy. I shut my eyes for a moment, wanting to take a nap. What happened yesterday replayed itself in my dream.


5 May 2013, 12.57 PM

Baekhyun was not home. Again. I usually excused it on other days, thinking it was because he was practising his dance moves again.

These few weeks, we would quarrel a lot for tiny little things. He would always say that he was tired after a day of practise and had no intentions of taking it out on me. I softened everytime he said that. But yesterday, I found out that he had been cheating on me, with Krystal, his label mate. We had the worst quarrel ever in 5 years. He left home, and did not return til now.

Today, was our 5th year anniversary. Also, my birthday. We always celebrated both our birthdays on this day along with our anniversary since his birthday was just a day after mine.

I prepared his favourite dish and bought his gift. I waited for him the whole night but he was a no show. In the end, I decided to just head over to the club near our house.

When I reached there, I ordered a Bloody Mary and gulped it down. I was about to leave when I heard a familiar voice.

"I REGRET IT SO MUCH!"

Baekhyun. I scanned the room and saw him drinking with the other guys. I walked closer to listen to what he said more clearly.

"I regret getting together with her. Now all *hic* all we do is quarrel and quarrel. I regret HyeRin. I regret - " I ran off before I could here anymore of what he had said.

I did not cry. I just sat on the bed and stared into space. My mind kept bringing up the words 'I regret HyeRin'. I was only snapped out of my trance by the doorbell ringing.

I opened the door to a drunk Baekhyun slumped over Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Hey, Rin." Chanyeol smiled.

I opened the door wider and forced a smile at Chanyeol. He brought Baekhyun into our room came out to the living room where I was.

"Today was the day, wasn't it?" He whispered as he glanced at the dining table.

I managed a weak smile and nodded.

"You meant to forgive him? After everything?" He asked.

I tried to answer but no words would come out. Chanyeol sensed my unease and walked out the door.

"Goodnight, Rin. Happy Birthday." Chanyeol said.

"Goodbye Yeol." I said and shut the door.

ChanYeol POV

"Why did she say goodbye? She never liked saying goodbye. She felt that it meant you would never see that person again. !" I murmured to myself.

I glanced at the 3-storey bungalow before me. Sorry, Baek, I can't help you this time. I thought and drove off.

HyeRin POV

I threw the food I prepared for him into the rubbish chute. I walked into the room to see him sprawled on the bed. I took my luggage out and started to pack up. Everything was cleared within an hour. I took my tablet out and plugged it into the computer. I erased everything inside and installed only pictures of us inside.

Opening up the notepad function, I typed in my message to him. When I was done, I realised that I was already crying. I went into the living room and took out painkillers for Baekhyun's hangover and a glass of water. I left them on the night table and sat down on our bed for a few minutes. Baekhyun rolled over and positioned himself comfortably on my lap. A tear trickled down my cheek again. 

I got up, ready to leave. He gripped my wrist. "Don't leave me, don't leave. Rin..." I bit on my lip so hard that I could taste blood. I removed his hand and ran off with my luggage.


BaekHyun POV

Urgghh, my head hurts. I rolled around the bed for a while and I shot up straight when I realised one thing. It was empty beside me. Rin wasn't here. I saw the painkillers beside me and took a few to ease my headache.

I slowly walked to the living room and called out,"Rin? RIN!"

She was not here. I started to panic. No! She couldn't have. I ran into our room and opened all the cupboards. All her stuff were gone. I ran into the living room again. I looked everywhere. In the kitchen. Balcony. Study. She wasn't here.

I sat down on the chair at the dining table and noticed a box. I opened it and found a men's watch inside. There was a small note inside that said "Saranghae!"

I hit my head in frustration. How could I forget?! It was our anniversary! And her birthday! But I was out drinking. She meant to forgive me. Even after my unfaithfulness.

"!" I cursed.

I noticed her tablet resting on the dining table too. I unlocked it and what came face to face with me was a letter.

 

Baekkie,

How's your headache? Take the painkillers, okay? You'll feel better. If it doesn't, take some ginger herbal tea I left in the fridge. And also, Happy Birthday!! Have a blast, okay?

I'm really sorry, Baekkie, for leaving you. Really. But when I heard what you said last night, something just struck me. Maybe you didn't need me anymore. Maybe I was ruining your life. Maybe I wasted your time. Did you mean it? When you said you regretted me? Who am I kidding, of course you did. I'm sorry to have wasted these 5 years of your precious youth. When I first saw you making out with Krystal, I was hurt. A lot. But then I thought that maybe it was because I wasn't what you wanted. Maybe it was because I wasn't good enough. Krystal is way prettier and I hope you two live in bliss. There's so much I want to say. But I guess telling you so much wouldn't mean anything.

There's just one more thing I need you to know. Saranghae, Baekhyun-ah. The time I spent with you was not a waste for me. I made many great memories. I am really happy to have these memories forever.

Baekkie, gomawo.

 

I was sobbing by the time I finished reading the letter. Even though she was hurting so much, her first concern was my headache. My physical pain was nothing compared to the emotional hurt I caused her.

The gallery was filled with our pictures. Each with a special message.

 

I had her.

I didn't cherish her.

I've lost her.

HyeRin.

My love.



Chulhaewookbiased's request: Baekhyun is late. Again. But this time, it was on their anniversary. OC decides not to wait for him, and heads out to pub near their house. She sees Baekhyun there, telling his friends how he regretted even starting out with OC because they are now always fighting. OC is heartbroken and runs home. A while later, Chanyeol brought Baekhyun home, drunk. OC thanks him and helps Baekhyun to their room. She leaves a glass of water and painkillers on the night table. When Baekhyun wakes up, he sees no one home and frantically shouts for OC. His fingers then brush past OC's tablet and sees a note for him.  

Author's note: How was the story, chulhaewookbiased? I'm sorry I ammended part of your idea but I thought that the story would flow better this way. I hope I didn't disappoint you ><. Please send in more requests, neh?