Caramel Macchiato

Memories about Coffee

       As I walked around, I thought of him. Again. And today was even more depressing than yesterday. Today, when I walked to my usual spot at the cafe, he made eye contact with me. Why did I have to be this way? Why did he make my heart flutter for him still? Why did I ever break up with him? 

     It was none other than my ex-boyfriend. I could remember the times that we were together in this shop drinking our favorite: caramel macchiato. He was so distant to me now. It made me feel so distant. The fact this distance is reality, it pains my heart to admit he was once mine. I really missed when we were together, always sitting at this cafe together in our old spot. Today was sadder than most days. I almost sobbed at the sight of him becuase today was supposed to be our anniversary of 2 years.

    My insides hurted so much. At moment's notice, I sat there, with a poker face on me. I made sure he would think I though of nothing. I needed to seem as apathetic possible while waiting for my order to come. I couldn't believe what happened two months ago. It seemed like it has been an eternity of me and him gone. But it's only been two months. Why does this short amount of time feel so long? 

     "Jin!?!" yelled a voice. I looked around slowly and saw the worker give him his order. Jin never bothered to get anything to go unless something really bothered him, even if he was rushed or tired, he'd be willing to stay at the cafe and enjoy the view it has to offer in it location. He took his order and he walked ou the door. That was when we made eye contact.

     Deep in his eyes, I saw eyes full of regret. Those eyes were willing enough to have me back. I felt the pang and sadness of his feeling in his eyes. Even though I felt that we were together alone, I could feel his effort in trying to bring me back to him. His eyes were darker than usual, as if he didn't have enough sleep. And when he doesn't have enough sleep, he becomes sick.

I think my instincts were telling me to go and follow him. Won't that make me look easy? No, his health matters. I quietly, I guess you could say stalk, followed him. He was sneezing and coughing the whole way. He was walking towards somewhere. He was walking somewhere I used to hang out. It was his hangout, with his friends, also known as Bangtan Boys or Bangtan Sonyeodan, or BTS. I stopped near a wall, and he turned behind. I ran into a bush while making sure not to get my cover blown.

        But I fell into the bush, and I was wearing a skirt with stockings. I had made a ruckus. Curse my clumsiness. Because he turned around, he saw me in the bushes. He put on a quick tiny smile and had helped me up. My stockings had a few holes and I think I was bleeding a bit. But as he helped me up, he pulled me up with a little too much force.

       My lips had landed on his, unknowingly I had taken that chance for him to become mine. He had captured my lips in return with such soft and gentle movements. We soon pulled away, and I was on the verge of crying. He saw me smiling with my tears and he had embraced me into a hug. I felt so right at that moment. I wanted this moment to last forever.

          "YAH. KIM SEOKJIN. WHAT ARE Y- never mind," I heard a voice yell. But that didn't matter. Jin looked at me amd he sighed. Je sighed with relief. Jin finally said, "I am so very sorry.I, for the past 2 months, I have been living a sleepless, painful nightmare without you. I realized what I did was wrong. I don't want you to ever go through this again, especially today." I smiled back. He knew I had accepted him once again.

            Together hand in hand we walked into Bangtan's hangout. "So, are you two back together, or what?" Suga asked. I replied, "I guess you could say that. As for today is our 2nd anniversary." "Were you guys faking it?" Jungkook asked. "No, of course not. That's why I have these bags and dark circles. Kids these days, don't know where to look for proof do they?" Jin replied. V just scooted up front and said, "In that sense, um welcome back to bangtan sonyeodan's groovy hangout!" J-Hope replied," Seriously? Groovy?" Jimin said, "I think it's cool. Listen to the sound. Groooooooovyyyyy~" Rap Monster said," Come on now. Hyung where's our food?" 

           "Oh yeah, the food. I got some cake pops and donuts. Is that good?" Jin asked. "Eh better than nothing." Rap Monster replied. Jin faced me and said, "Luckily I had two of our usual. I thought I was going to die of heat and caffeine if I had to drink both of these coffees." "What drink? What usual drink are you talking about? I don't drink coffee much anymore. What was that drink we used to drink?" I replied. He said finally pulling me into a hug, "That one drink that always had me remembering your scent that is still, right here, right on my lips. Because it's that same drink we had almost everyday in that cafe." Finally in unison we said, "Caramel Macchiato."