Fear

TEMPORARY WIFE

 

A/N :  shoot me now for making this crappy chapter... (TT___TT)  it's the first half of the update....

 

 

 

BOM’S POV

 

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride” The priest declared, signaling the end of the ceremony. 

 

I felt Seunghyun’s hands on top of my shoulders, gently pulling me near and to face him.  When he lifted my veil and tipped my head up, when I met his eyes, I knew then he saw a glimpse of the fear, sadness and most of all, the guilt I’ve been trying to quell, in mine. 

 

“Trust me.”  Seunghyun whispered before he lowered his head to place a kiss on my lips.

 

My eyes stung with tears threatening to spill anytime.  I felt helpless, but there’s nothing else I can do.  It’s too late to regret, much more back out from the choice I had made.  And when Seunghyun touched his lips softly on mine, I could no longer hold back.  A tear trailed down on my cheek.

 

I kept my eyes shut to stop it more tears from coming out, and gulped in two deep breaths to gain back my composure, and continue with the farce we are playing.

 

“I’m ok.”  I croaked, my voice huskier than usual, answering the worried look Suenghyun has in his eyes.

 

The two of us then turned sideaways at the same direction, to face the beaming guests, who were all clapping for joy.

 

Before I could take one step forward, Seunghyun held out his arm.  I linked my arm in his and together we walked down from the altar to exit the church and into the opened doors of a white limousine.  I am thankful that Seunghyun remained quietly seated beside me during the entire ride towards the location where the reception will be held.

 

I was jolted out from spacing out with the announcement that we’ve already arrived.  Seunghyun went out first, he stopped by the door and held out his hand towards me.

“Trust me.”

 

His words.  His deep voice.  Reverberated inside my heads along with other thoughts. 

 

I placed not only my hand in his. I am, with blind faith entrust everything to Choi Seunghyun.

 

My boss, my friend, and now my husband.

 

 

 

I was too numb to remember anything.  But I guess it was a success, since everyone left with a smile on their faces and gave congratulatory remarks on their way out.  The only exception would be Dara.  I sensed her staring at me the whole time.  The tautness of the area around her lips spoke volume on how worried she is about me.

 

We’re now at the airport, waiting to board a flight going to Jeju island.  Normally, I would’ve been excited to go on a trip with Seunghyun.  The ring on my left hand is a constant cold reminder of that my life now is far from being normal.  We’re going to Jeju not for business.  We’re going for our honeymoon.

 

“Unnie” Dara called out, running after us.

 

Earlier, she was standing next to my in laws, who came to send us off.  Now she hurled herself at me, I almost stumbled backwards from the impact.  She gave me a crushing hug.

 

“Call me.”   She whispered.

 

I knew what she meant with those words. I almost lost the control reigning over my emotions at that moment.  Before it did, Dara released her hold and pushed herself away from me and smiled warmly.

“Go. You guys will be late.”  Dara then turned her eyes to my right side “Please take care of unnie.”

 

“I will.”  I heard the sincerity in Seunghyun’s voice.  Somehow it calmed my heart. 

 

He’s hand rested lightly at the small of my back, guiding me to the tunnel leading to the plane towards Jeju. 

 

I let out a deep sigh the instant I sat down on one of the cushioned seats inside the plane.  Glad that I had the window seat.  I turned my head to look outside.  Got myself preoccupied with the beautiful scenery of the clouds, the blue stretch of the sea and landscape below us, anything that will keep me from dwelling on what transpired today.

 

A light touch on my arm made me look to my left.  I stared at Seunghyun blankly.  He was holding out to me a snifter with a quarter of golden amber liquid nestled inside.  I took it muttering only a small “Thanks”.

 

My face contorted into a grimace as soon as the drink hit my tongue and burned a trail down my throat, and settled in the pit of my stomach, instantly warming my whole body.  I downed the rest of the glass’ contents fast.   The drink helped a lot in making me feel relaxed.  When the flight attendant passed by again, I asked for another glass.  I felt Seunghyun eyeing me when I did. 

 

I was giggling by the time the plane landed on Jeju and even during the time when we’re making our way towards the car that will get us to the house, where the two of us we’ll be staying.

 

I was too drunk to care or be mindful of the way Seunghyun has one of his arms around my waist, giving me some support as I half walk, half stagger.    The door for the balcony of the room where he lead me in was open.  Standing at the middle of the room, I can already see the gorgeous view outside.  Up in the clear sky were white, puffy clouds.  While on land, there’s the expanse of green with some hint of sunshiny yellow from the field of sunflower, and on the side is the coast.  I went out to the balcony to immerse myself in the beauty.  The fresh air did me good.  It somehow cleared my head.

 

“Bom?”  Seunghyun called me from the bedroom. 

 

“Hmm..?” I answered, not bothering to look behind me.

 

“I’m going out for a while.  I’ll go get us some additional supplies from the market.  Do you need anything else?”

 

“I’m fine.” 

 

I could sense Seunghyun still standing behind me.  Probably wearing a guilty and worried look on his face.  it took another full minute before I heard him move and the door opening then closing behind me.

 

The scene made me forget about him, Young Bae and the complicated situation we’re currently in, even for a few minutes.  Reluctantly, I turned my back from the little piece of heaven I had found and went back, not just inside the room but to the harsh reality that I have to live with for the next months.

 

I climbed on top of the bed, and curled myself sideways.  Hugging myself as I let all the pent up emotions I’ve bottled up inside from the moment I walked down the aisle until the second Seunghyun left me alone moments ago. Truth is, I am scared of what could happen.

 

Tears kept on falling down from my eyes until I had fallen asleep.

 

 

 



 

originally i planned this to be a really short story of about

5 to 6 chapters...but after posting the chapter before this one...

i changed my mind...it'll be longer than 6 chapters that's for sure

now planning how to heighten things up and not make it too boring

or predictable...which i often like to do...

 

THOUGHTS and COMMENTS

are welcome and appreciated

 

THANK YOU

as always for reading