01. end

Pretty

*gif credit to daekkeoya


People say he is handsome. That his face is even prettier than a girl’s face. Girls want to be with him. Boys want to be him. Heck, even he himself keeps saying he is handsome in every chance he gets. They’re always asked who the most handsome member in B.A.P is during interviews. And he hates those interviews. Because it is always the same. He chooses himself as the most handsome member, then looks his direction and sees that hes chosen Daehyun as always. He is tired of expectantly looking his way to see if he’ll ever choose him. He’s tired of always having his heart broken over this. And he is tired of laughing it off. He doesn’t want to doubt his looks anymore. He doesn’t want to be depressed about it. Because he knows he is not handsome. He’s always known. Nobody thought he was handsome when he was younger. And the only difference between his younger self and his present self is weight. He is not overweight anymore. But he is still not handsome, either.

And today is one of those days where he feels like suffocating. They are being interviewed again, and the question that never changes is asked again. Who is the most handsome member? Damn those programs. Why do they have to ask this all the time? Maybe they keep asking this because Himchan is chosen as the most handsome every time, but they know he is not. Of course they know this. Yongguk, Himchan’s best friend –or something more, knows that, too. And being the good guy he is, he doesn’t lie. He always says Daehyun is the most handsome. Now that Himchan thinks about it, Yongguk is right. He’s always been right. So when Himchan is asked who the most handsome member is, he doesn’t hesitate to say what is in his mind.

“I’m the visual, but Daehyun is more handsome than me,” he says plastering a smile on his face. He’s practiced this smile and is sure he can’t be seen through.

But little does he know, Bang Yongguk, Himchan’s best friend –and admirer, can always see through him. He knows something is off. He can see that Himchan’s smile doesn’t even reach his eyes. His smile which lights up his whole world isn’t genuine this time. His beautiful eyes which Himchan thinks are so small and not beautiful are gloomy. His laugh that sounds like a melody to his ears sounds so empty now. But he cannot tell what it is. He cannot understand why Himchan is like that all of a sudden. So as soon as the interview is over, he follows Himchan to confront him.

“Hey, Chan,” he calls out to the slightly shorter man as he reaches him.

Himchan slowly turns around with a blank expression on his face. He seems like he is not here at that moment. “Yeah?”

“Are you alright? You’re acting weirdly. Are you tired?”

“Yes. Yes, I’m alright,” he says and leaves without uttering anything else.

Now Yongguk is sure there’s something wrong. And he is determined to find out what it is. He is determined to make his everything alright.




It’s B.A.P’s day off and they’re free to do anything they want in Japan. Jongup and Junhong decide to go see a movie they’ve been wanting to see for a long time. Now that they’re in Japan, it’s less likely that they’ll get recognized so they want to be like normal people while they’re here. Daehyun wants to try new dishes, and knowing that Himchan is a glutton like himself, he asks him to go out with him; however, Himchan declines saying he will stay in their hotel. So Youngjae gets dragged by Daehyun, leaving Yongguk and Himchan alone in their room much to Himchan’s dismay. He wanted to be alone. He doesn’t need Yongguk around, constantly talking about  their schedule.

“Will you stop?” Himchan snaps at him, tired of this conversation that he doesn’t even participate in.

“Will you stop?” Yongguk asks calmly.

“Will I stop what? I’m not doing anything!” Himchan says exasperatedly.

“Geez, Himchan. Will you stop ignoring me whenever I try to talk to you?” Yongguk says, taking a step towards the bunny-like boy.

Himchan takes a step back, “I-I am not ignoring you.”

Yongguk closes the space between them with two quick steps, and pulls him in a tight hug, not willing to let go. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

“Nothing’s w-wrong,” says Himchan, uncomfortable because of their closeness and mentally curses at himself for stuttering.

“You said Daehyun was more handsome than you. Something is totally wrong,” Yongguk says, not hiding the amusement in his voice when he realizes Himchan squirming in his arms.

“Because I’m not handsome Yongguk. You know that, too,” says Himchan, his voice is lower than usual.

“You’re not handsome? Are you out of your freaking mind? Don’t you remember Jongup saying you were like a character from animes? Don’t you remember Daehyun mistaking you for an idol when he first came to T.S? You’re still saying you’re not handsome?”

You don’t think I’m handsome,” Himchan says, embarrassed to look Yongguk in the eye.

“Heck, when did I not think you were handsome? You’re the most handsome princess I’ve ever seen.”

“I’m not a princess! A-and you think Daehyun is the most handsome…”

Yongguk understands what was wrong during that interview at that moment. He can’t believe Himchan got upset over such a thing. But he is Himchan after all. He needs to be reassured all the time. And Yongguk hadn’t done this in a long time. He walks to the sofa, dragging Himchan with himself, and sits there.

He starts speaking, his hands Himchan’s soft hair, “You’re the most handsome to me. You’ve always been so. I just want other members to be seen, too. All of the members are handsome. So I always choose a different member when that silly question is asked. That doesn’t mean you’re not handsome. But it definitely means you’re dumb, princess.”

“I’m not dumb! And I’m too handsome to be a princess, right?” Himchan asks, eyes sparkling.

“You’re the most handsome princess,” Yongguk chuckles, making Himchan chuckle along with him.

“I’m not!” Himchan protests as he hits Yongguk.

“Alright, alright. Now go to sleep, you look tired.”

“Come sleep with me?”

“Nope.”

“Please?”

“Never.”

“I’ll do my best aegyo!”

“Okay, okay, I’m coming! Just don’t do aegyo.”

“You know I’m cute.”

“Eww no.”

“Admit it Bbang, you love my aegyo.”

“Just sleep before I change my mind and say Daehyun is the most handsome.”

“Okay, okay, let’s sleep!”





When Himchan wakes up, he hears the members laughing loudly. He slowly gets off his bed and walks toward the source of the sounds. Yongguk is sitting there with a gummy smile on his face and the younger ones are trying to suppress their laughs.

“What’s going on?” Himchan asks yawning.

“Hyung, you should get on Instagram!” Junhong says laughing.

Not understanding what the hell is going on, he still does what the giant maknae has said. When he sees Yongguk’s last update, he realizes why they were laughing.

He uploaded a photo of sleeping Himchan with the tags, “#handsome #princess #himchan #chyeah”

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU BANG YONGGUK!” he says running towards Yongguk, but can’t stop the big smile forming on his lips. 






 


A/N: Okay, I know this but I've been thinking about that for a while. Also I intended this to be angsty but everything is pretty in my world. So I failed. Seeing Himchan look Yongguk's way whenever they were asked who was the most handsome member and stuff. So I thought he might feel like that. And him constantly saying he is handsome is due to his insecurities, in my opinion. I don't know. But I just know that he is really handsome and Yongguk thinks so, too.