Nineteen Minutes

Nineteen Minutes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N this was a lot shorter than I meant for it to be so sorry;; Also please note that I did not proofread, nor do I have  beta. So sorry for grammar and spelling errors cause there's probably a gazillion. Anyway please enjoy:)

Nineteen Minutes

"In nineteen minutes, you can mow the front lawn; color your hair; watch a third of a hockey game. In nineteen minutes, you can bake scones, or get a tooth filled by the dentist; you can fold laundry for a family of five.

In nineteen minutes, you can stop the world; or you can just jump off it."

 

Nineteen minutes

It's sunny out and the cool breeze is whipping Lu Han's hair. And Lu Han thinks to himself, Why it's a beautiful day to kill oneself. To rid myself of the ridicule, to rid the world of this waste of space. He feels that it's almost unfortunate to ruin this lovely day with death. Almost. Because then he remembers, no one would really care if he died. Right?

Eighteen Minutes

Lu Han decides he should do something in the little time he has left. He decides that he'll help the sweet middle-aged lady next door. The one with a son, who dreams of growing up and being a professional soccer player. Lu Han doesn't have the heart to tell the boy that dreams don't come true.

Seventeen Minutes

Lu Han brought glazed butter cookies over, because he knows the little boy and the lady next door like them. But he also does it because he knows he'll have no use for it. Soon I will be dead. He mutters quietly, but apparently not quietly enough because the little boy--is his name Chris? Asks him what he said. To which Lu Han responds,

"Nothing. I am absolutely fine."

The boy looks a bit skeptical, but he's young and naive to the worries and troubles around him and goes back to eating his glazed butter cookies.

Ten Minutes

After spending seven minutes next door with his neighbors Lu Han bids them goodbye.

"Do you have to go?" The little boy asks, tiny crumbs falling from the sides of his mouth, his eyes wide and endearing.

Lu Han looks away, and shakes his head.

"No, I can't stay. Sorry."

Lu Han walks away, not once turning back. If he did he knows he'd probably crumble, just like the glazed sugar cookies. He wonders if maybe Chris will miss him.

But Lu Han doesn't look back at Chris, he doesn't see the hurt and worry in his eyes. Chris may be six, but he's not as naive as Lu Han thinks he is. Lu Han doesn't look back, and maybe just maybe he regrets it a little.

Nine Minutes

Lu Han sits at his kitchen table. The sun shining through the glass window. It's pretty. Lu Han thinks to himself as he taps his fingers impatiently on the table.

Lu Han half wonders why he hasn't done it yet. Why he's sitting at the table instead of doing what he's been so determined to do for awhile and had finally managed the guts to do so.

Why am I just sitting here?

Lu Han hears his phone ring. He glances over at the screen.

Sehun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter