Big Bad Wolf

Fairy Tale One-Shots

 

BIG BAD WOLF'S HAPPY ENDING:

 

 

“Mom! Can you read me a story?”

 

“Yixing, instead of me reading a story how about I tell you one myself?”, the mother smiled.

 

“What type of story? Does it have a happy ending?”

 

“It’s just like Little Red Riding Hood and I assure you my little Yixing that it has a wonderful ending”, the mother leaned in to kiss Yixing on the cheek.

 

Yixing giggled at the kiss and waited eagerly for his mother to tell her story.

 

(Yixing’s Mom storytelling will be in italics)

* * *

 

 

Once upon a time, in a small little town there lived a boy with cherry-colored lips. His cheeks were pink and plump as ripe peaches. The boy was nicknamed “Little Red Riding Hood”, for his delicate features. The boy had lived all of his 17 years isolated away from the town people. Behind a gate, where he could only stare at the world he wished he could venture out to, where he could his longing freedom.

 

* * *

 

“Umma, why can’t he go outside?”, Yixing pouted and puffing his cheeks.

 

“Well my little Yixing, wait patiently. We’re getting to that part.”, Yixing’s mother giggled.

 

* * *

 

Little Red was a servant of a high-class man ever since he was born. His whole life was made to service the masters of the house that was inside the gate. But Little Red was never really alone. He made a friend.

* * *

 

 

“A friend? Was he nice?”, Yixing questioned.

 

Yixing’s mother smiled and whispered, “The friend was more than nice, he was the Big Bad Wolf.”

 

“OH NO! Little Red can’t be friends with the Wolf!”, Yixing yelped.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because the Wolf will eat Little Red! Then it will be sad!”

 

“Well, we’ll find out if Little Red gets eaten won’t we?”, Yixing’s mother patted Yixing’s head, trailing back into the story.

* * *

 

 

Little Red’s meet his friend as he was being punished from his master’s wife. As Little Red’s mistress brutally beat and whipped him, Little Red’s eyes trailed out the window. He then spotted another pair of eyes that were looking right back at him. The boy who was looking at him was dressed in high-grade clothing. Little Red could tell as he observed the boy.

 

“ARE YOU NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO ME?”, Little Red’s mistress yelled.

 

“HOW DARE YOU SEDUCE MY HUSBAND, YOU LITTLE ?!”, as the mistress whip Little Red making him flinch.

 

“Umma! That ahjumma is scary!”, Yixing shouted out a worry cry causing his mother to let out a small chuckle.

 

Little Red knew better than talk back to the mistress, for this was one of his daily routines. The mistress was an insecure wife, she would always jump into conclusions when anyone was near her husband. Little Red was always the target of her abuse, for he is always helping out the master. The master himself is nice man, but strict. Little Red only helped the master, because he was master’s exclusive servant at the mansion.

 

“DON’T YOU SEDUCE MY HUSBAND ANYMORE, YOU GOT THAT?! YOU SHALL NOT LEAVE YOUR ROOM FOR A WEEK, NOT EVEN FOR SUPPER!”

 

Little Red let out a small groan as he got himself onto his feet. He staggered himself out of the room, making his way to his own. He wasn’t paying attention until he bumped himself into someone.

 

“I-I-I’m sorry”, Little Red stammered.

 

“It’s alright, but may I ask you if you are okay? You seem as if you got a bit roughed up back there.”

 

Little Red looked up and saw to familiar eyes. They were the eyes that Little Red had saw outside. Little Red started blushing, cheeks fuming and embarrass. Before Little Red could excuse himself, a hand grabbed his wrist.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“P-people call me Little Red”, Little Red stuttered and making the stranger grin.

 

“If you’re Little Red, then I’m the Big Bad Wolf!”, the stranger chuckled out loud displaying a prince-like smile.

 

Little Red couldn’t help but stare at the person in front of him. He was definitely taller than Little Red and had honey blonde hair that made his handsome face glow.

 

“E-excuse me, Wolf. But I need to leave.”, Little Red bowed and scurrying away.

 

Little Red encountered Big Bad Wolf a lot of times at the mansion after their first meeting. The Wolf would try to make small conversations, all of them ending with Little Red excusing himself. Little Red ended up learning that the Wolf was one of his master’s biggest client’s son. Little Red secretly enjoyed the small talks with the Wolf, it made him seem as if he truly had someone there for him. As if he had a friend.

 

“Hey Little Red, I’ve been wondering.”

 

“Yes, Wolf?”, Little Red looked up at the Wolf with a questioning look.

 

“What’s your name? I know people call you Little Red, but like your real name.”, Wolf questioned making Little Red bite his lips. This was a question he had not been prepared for.

 

“I-I think the master is calling me, please excuse me.”, Little Red bowed and trying to escape but was too late. The Wolf already had his grip on Little Red.

 

“I have ears, Little Red.”

 

“S-so you do.”

 

“Tell me, what’s your name? You can’t escape from me this time until you answer me”, the Wolf whispered into Little Red’s ears as he cornered him.

 

“P-please let me go.”

 

“Why are you hiding your name? Don’t you trust me enough?”

 

“S-sir”, Little Red whimpered out loud as he tried to pry the Wolf’s grip off his wrist.

 

“Mine is Luhan, now tell me yours before I tell my father about you. Tell me now. TELL ME NOW!”, Luhan roared at Little Red.

 

“I-Its Minseok.”, Minseok as he began to tear up from Luhan’s sudden outburst. Luhan saw small tears fell from Minseok, he was surprised and released his hold from the small boy. When Luhan began to lean forward to pull Minseok closer to him once again, it was too late. Minseok was already running away from the scene. Minseok locked himself in his room that day whenever Luhan would come over. For the next two weeks, Minseok made effort to ignore Luhan as much as possible. Luhan missed his friend, not of their friendship but of something he desired.

 

One evening night, it was a dinner party with the master’s client. Luhan was sitting at the tables and staring at Minseok who was standing near the kitchen door. Luhan had his gaze on Minseok throughout that night. A gaze not of longing for his friend but full of passionate love.

 

Later Minseok was called into one of mistress’ chamber, the mistress’ was drunk from drinking too much. She was angry that her husband was too busy with his clients to keep her company. She started yelling at Minseok and threw the wine glass at Minseok. Minseok managed to dodge it, but the cup had shattered into pieces in the ground.

 

“I THOUGHT YOU HAVE LEARNED YOUR LESSON! ALL YOU CAN DO IS SEDUCE MEN YOU LITTLE !”

 

The mistress left the room and the maids helped her out leaving Minseok alone. Minseok wanted to burst in tears, but he held them back. He leaned down to pick up the small glass pieces of the wine glass. A small piece managed to cut Minseok's finger, dribbling down small droplets of red blood.

 

“Red doesn’t look good on you right now, Little Red.”, a voice came from behind Minseok.

 

“Or should I call you Minseok?”, a mischievous smile plastered onto a familiar face.

 

“S-sir Luhan..”

 

“Drop the formalities. Let me help you with that.”, Luhan leaned down and helped pick up the glass pieces. There was a small silence that lasted for a few minutes before Luhan spoke again.

 

“So I haven’t seen you around lately.”

 

“S-so you haven’t”

 

“You must’ve been busy.”

 

“Y-yes, I must have been.”

 

“Busy ignoring me?”, Luhan looked up staring at Minseok. It made Minseok feel intimidated and scared.

 

“N-no sir, I wouldn’t have done a thing.”

 

“Oh really, it must’ve been just me. I must be imagining things.”, Luhan spoke slowly. Making sure that Minseok had heard every single word that came out of his mouth. Luhan stared at Minseok, he could already tell Minseok was lying.

 

“Little Red, you shouldn’t lie. For I the Wolf won’t forgive you.”, Luhan lifted Minseok’s chin up. Luhan leaned in until they were just a breathe away from each other. Minseok closed his eyes tight and then they were shot open again when he felt something pressed against his lips, another pair of soft lips. It was Luhan’s who had initiated the move. Minseok tried pushing Luhan off but with no success and gave in to the kiss. After a few long seconds, Luhan broke the kiss leaving Minseok pink and flustered.

 

“Little Red, I think this Big Bad Wolf fell for you”, Luhan pulled Minseok in for a hug. Their little cuddle session was soon cut off as Minseok was called out to help with cleaning up the dining table. After their first kiss, Luhan began meeting Minseok in secret. They would share kisses and hugs, but what bothered Luhan was that Minseok never confirmed his love for Luhan. It was always Luhan who would say the 'I love you's as Minseok would just nod in response. Luhan had wanted to confirm that his love was mpt one-sided anymore, but sometimes it was better not to ask.

 

“Minseok, do you love me?”, as Luhan pulled Minseok towards his chest. Minseok was shocked at this question, a question he once again was not ready to answer.

 

“I-I am not quite sure”, this made Luhan frown.

 

“Why aren’t you sure?”

 

“I don’t even know if we should even be in a relationship.”

 

“Why can’t we?”

 

“Luhan, you know better than I do.”

 

“Minse-”, before Luhan could say anything he was cut off by Minseok.

 

“I think we should end this today before we get caught, I’ve been thinking that our small relationship is wrong.”, Minseok said as he broke off their hug.

 

“Why is it so wrong?”

 

“Luh-”

 

“Tell me why? Why is it wrong for me to love you? Why is it wrong for me to be with you?”, Luhan grabbed Minseok’s small hands and intertwining it with his.

 

“I love you my Little Red,so why don’t you love me?”, tears started to ran from Luhan’s cheeks.

 

“We can’t! You know our love can't be accepted!”

 

“WHY?!”, Luhan tightened his grip on Minseok scared that Minseok would leave him.

 

“YOU ARE A YOUNG MASTER AND I AM JUST A SERVANT!”, Minseok screamed.

 

“What are you saying?”, Luhan shocked from Minseok’s rare outburst.

 

“Did you ever think if your parents would allow you to be with me? A low servant? You could marry a rich young lady than me!”

 

“But that wouldn't be you!”, Luhan retorted back.

 

“Don’t be unreasonable!”

 

“You’re the unreasonable one! I love you Minseok!”

 

“But I don’t”, Minseok softly spoke clearly as tears started to form. Luhan’s legs felt weak, tears also began to form in his eyes.

 

“D-d-don’t lie to me. You love me. Don’t you Minseok?”, Luhan asked desperately. Luhan’s heart was being shattered into small pieces from what was happening, but it became more shattered with Minseok’s next words.

 

“I don’t. I despise you, for being born rich and never having to suffer like I do. You don’t know what I’ve been through. You are just a young master and I am just a low servant. Our love is a sin”, Minseok spoke. He slowly began to walk away trying to hide his tears leaving behind a broken Luhan.

 

Minseok doesn’t see Luhan visit the mansion for months. He had thought maybe it was all over until one day he was summoned to his master’s study. He saw his master and mistress standing there with a serious look. It was dead silent until the mistress spoke up, screaming in his face.

 

“YOU LITTLE PIECE OF GOOD FOR NOTHING! HOW DARE YOU SEDUCE OUR NUMBER ONE CLIENT’S SON!”, she slapped Minseok’s face. It began to sting and hurt as Minseok touched the spot where he just got slapped.

 

“Honey! Stop!”

 

“BUT THIS LITTLE DESERVES IT!”

 

“Calm down! Minseok as you can clearly see, you must know why you are summoned here.”

 

Minseok was dumbfounded. The only thing he could think of was Luhan. A face of confusion sprawled on Minseok's face.

 

“THIS LITTLE CAN’T REMEMBER BECAUSE HE MUST HAVE SEDUCED TOO MANY MEN BEFORE!”

 

“Stop! Honey, calm down. This isn’t bad. The client only wanted to buy Minseok.”

 

“S-sir, I don’t seem to understand.”

 

“Well you see Minseok, our client’s son Luhan seems to be rather fond of you. He's been desperate and locked himself in his room. Luhan’s health seems to be declining with his actions. He seems to scream in his sleep and wake up mumbling. Our client is utterly distressed by his son, when he tried consulting with Luhan all he could mention was you. So you’ll be leaving this mansion tomorrow and going to the Xi Province.”

 

“B-b-but sir.”

 

“No buts Minseok, go and pack. We aren’t sure how long you’ll be there for, they have requested a price for you that was too good to pass.”

 

Minseok quickly ran back to his room and started packing. He was worried, worried about himself and for Luhan. Was Luhan okay? Was it Minseok’s fault that caused him like this? Was he really going to be sold?

 

The next day when Minseok was to go to the Xi Province, it was his first time to be able to set foot out of the gate. Minseok felt a small joy in his heart as if this was maybe a step closer to freedom. As Minseok rode in the car that was transporting him, Minseok began to take in the landscape that was all so unfamiliar to him. He kept wondering if this was what Luhan could see everyday while Minseok could not. When he arrived at the Xi Province, Minseok was quickly guided by maids who waited for his arrival.

 

“W-wait, what are you doing?”

 

“Young master requested to see you first thing!”

 

Minseok was then shoved into a room before he could begin protesting.

 

“Little Red.”

 

The voice that spoke the name outloud, Minseok immediately recognized it. The owner of that honey-sweet voice that he had try to push out of his memories everyday with no luck is now sitting in bed with a small smile. Minseok turned his head and eyes locked with Luhan. Luhan looked tired and sleepless. He was no longer the strong young man that Minseok had seen months ago, it was now replaced by a vulnerable boy.

 

“Little Red, oh how I miss you so much. I dream about you leaving me every night. It was painful you see, but now you are here! I knew it would be never true!"

 

"L-Luhan.."

 

"Come here Little Red, let me hug you."

 

Minseok took a step back, he was utterly scared. This wasn't what was suppose to happen when he wanted to end their secret relationship. Luhan was suppose to forget about him and move on. He was not suppose to be like this. Minseok bit his lip and slowly move backwards toward the door.

 

"MINSEOK? Where are you going?"

 

"I-I want to go home."

 

"That place?! Where you get abused daily? You can't! Stay. Please. Just stay with me!", Luhan stumbled out of his bed. He fell as he tried to walk towards to Minseok but was too weak. He slowly started crying.

 

"Minseok, p-please don't leave me."

 

Minseok felt guilt aim at him. He slowly walked towards to the helpless body that was crying. He slowly wrapped his arms around Luhan.

 

“I-I’ll stay, please don’t cry.”

 

They stayed like that until Luhan cried himself to sleep. Minseok made effort to carry Luhan over to the bed, but it was quite hard. Luhan was gripping himself around Minseok, clutching his shirt making sure not to have him escape from him again. As they both laid in the bed, Minseok looked at Luhan. He moved his hand on Luhan’s cheek and wiped off the tears. Minseok stared at Luhan until he himself was asleep.

 

The next morning, Luhan was the first to wake up. He found Minseok right next to him, it brought a smile to his face as he began to admire the person that was laying beside him.

 

“Little Red, you are now the Big Bad Wolf’s prisoner.”

 

Several weeks began passing by, everyone in the mansion was now familiar with Minseok. The young boy that was always near their young master. The boy that magically made their young master became full of joy or throw tantrums as if he was a toddler. The boy that became their young master's lover.

 

 

One night during the dinner of the Xi family and Minseok who sat next to Luhan. Luhan requested for his parent’s attention.

 

“Father, I was thinking of marriage.”

 

The words gave shock to both Luhan’s parents and Minseok himself.

 

“I want to marry, Minseok”, Luhan clearly spoke out. Minseok froze in his seat. He had expected Luhan’s parents to reject, actually it wasn’t Minseok’s expectation it was more of a wish. A wish that was not granted that night, for Luhan’s family approved of their marriage. When they got back to the bedroom which both of them shared. Minseok released his emotions.

 

“LUHAN WHY HAVEN’T YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE THINKING OF MARRIAGE?!”, Minseok shouted out in fury.

 

“You wouldn’t have agreed”, Luhan calmly stated back.

 

“OF COURSE I WOULD NOT!”

 

“Everyone sins.”

 

“What?”

 

“I said everyone sins. You told me that our love is a sin when you left me last time, but everyone sins, Minseok. Everyone does.”

 

Luhan leaned in towards Minseok and grabbed him.

 

“Even if our love is a sin, I would risk it. Please Minseok. Will you marry me?”, Luhan kneeled down on one knee. Grabbing out a box from his side pocket. He opened it showcasing a diamond ring.

 

“L-Luhan”

 

“Just say yes my sweet Little Red.”

 

Luhan slid the ring onto Minseok’s ring finger. He then took the initiative and kissed Minseok’s hand.

 

 

Their wedding was a month later after the proposal. It was a small private family filled with the Xi’s top clients and servants. As Luhan and Minseok said their vows. They looked at each other eagerly and scared.

 

“Now the groom may kiss the bride.”, the pastor spoke.

 

“Little Red, I hope your mother don’t mind as I take you away.”, Luhan whispered into Minseok’s ears before kissing him, the kiss that would bind them forever..

 

* * *

 

“Oh! Yixing you already fell asleep!”, Yixing’s mother finally realized. The mother quickly tucked  Yixing in and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. When she turned around she was faced with a tall male who had a smug grin on his face.

 

“May I ask what happen to Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf, Minseok?”, the male asked leaning in to kiss his wife.

 

“They lived happily ever after as any fairy tale goes”, Minseok smiled. The male quickly hoisted his wife up and into their bedroom. When he laid Minseok on the bed facing him he quickly whispered something.

 

“Little Red Riding Hood, remember not to stray far from the path or the Big Bad Wolf will take you away. Have you never hear your mom tell you that?”

 

“I don’t mind if the wolf is you, please take me far far away. You can eat me up, but all that matters is my heart is with you Luhan.”

 

Luhan leaned in and kissed Minseok on his cherry-colored lips.

 

“Then Little Red Riding Hood, lets go pick flowers. Just you and me.”