Final

Online Protector

Moonlight is online.

Star_him is online.

Moonlight: Hey Channie

Star_him: Jongup! It’s been a while.

Moonlight: …We talked last night.

Star_him: yeah, well, that’s still too long.

Moonlight: Shh…

Star_him: Lemme guess, you’re blushing right? >:3

Moonlight: No! Of course not.

Star_him: Heh you so are. But it’s cute!

Moonlight: You don’t even know what I look like, let alone know if I look cute blushing.

Star_him: Always gotta bring me down…

Moonlight: I’m sorry :(

Star_him: Don’t be, cutie!

Moonlight: Just ignore my point why don’t you.

Star_him: So, how is my dearest today?

Moonlight: I’m okay, I guess.

Star_him: Jongup. Spill.

Moonlight: Just another bad day at school, that’s all.

Star_him: Was it those s again?

Moonlight: Yeah.

Star_him: I swear, I really want to kill them. Are you okay?

Moonlight: Of course, I can get through it.

Star_him: And I admire that. Really, I do.

Moonlight: It’s… actually because of you, you know?

Star_him: What do you mean?

Moonlight: Well… after I met you, it kind of made it easier to ignore everything, I guess.

Star_him: Go on…

Moonlight: You just want me to compliment you don’t you?

Star_him: Ah, you found me out…

Moonlight: Look, I gotta go and do some homework.

Star_him: Okay! Have a good homework time! I really like you.

Moonlight: Yes I know you do. I like you too.

Star_him: Damn straight. Bye!

Moonlight: Speak to you later.

Star_him: Jongup, can I speak to you about something?

Moonlight: That… doesn’t sound so good.

Star_him: No, it’s good!

Moonlight: Okay… fine.

Star_him: I think I’m in love with you.

Moonlight: …

Star_him: I know that all we have is an online relationship, but I can’t help but get feelings for you. Especially because of how beautiful your personality is.

Moonlight: You don’t even know what I look like.

Star_him: I don’t need to know.

Moonlight: …You love me?

Star_him: Yes.

Moonlight: But… I’m just a silly high school student. I have no friends, I’m boring, My favourite subject is mathematics for godsake. What do you even love about me?

Star_him: Are you seriously that self-conscious?

Moonlight: Yes!

Star_him: Look, all you need to know, is everything you said is what I love about you.

Moonlight: I just… find it hard to believe someone like you would love someone like me.

Star_him: But I do. Trust me.

Moonlight: …

Star_him: Please?

Moonlight: Fine… I trust you.

Star_him: GREAT!

Moonlight: You’re such an idiot…

Star_him: Yeah, but I can tell you like me the way I am too.

Moonlight: Whatever.

Star_him: That’s a yes.

Moonlight: Shut it…

Star_him: Hehehehe

Jongup groaned as he walked through his front door, throwing his bag to the side and looking around the hall to see if he could see his mother. That’s when he smelt the heavenly smell of homemade food running through the air.

Moving up the stairs, he moved to his bed and fell onto it. It was just a hard day at school today.

Those guys were messing with him again.

All Jongup wanted to do was talk to Himchan. The boy from the chat that he had been conversing with was the only person he talked to.

And that’s who he went to for comfort.

Just then, his mobile phone began to ring. And Jongup knew exactly who it was that was calling him. There were only two people that even had his number. One of them was – of course – his own mother and the other was Himchan.

They had switched numbers a week ago, and had only conversed once. That was also for only like a minute. Himchan was apparently at work, and he could only spare a minute, but that was honestly enough for Jongup. The other’s voice was deep – and it sounded magnificent to his ear.

Grabbing his phone out of his pocket, he hit the receive call button and held it to his ear.

“H-Hello?” He was still a nervous wreck when talking to him.

“Jongup? That you?” The other’s deep voice made Jongup smile. It was good to hear his voice again.

“Y-Yeah, it’s me.”

“Your stuttering is cute.”

“…”

“So, baby, how was school?”

“Uh… not good. But I’m glad you called.”

“Oh no, what happened?”

“Just… th-things.”

“Baby, are you alright? You voice is kind of faltering.”

“Uh no, not really. But, you’re helping me.”

“I’m glad. I’m so sorry, I wish I could do more.”

“You’re a great help.”

“Well, I just wanted to hear your voice. I’m sorry, I’m at work just now…”

“You’re always at work… but that’s a good thing. Sounds busy.”

“Yeah, that’s my life. And you of course.”

“That’s… sweet.”

“I’ve got to go. I love you Jongup. Really.”

“I love you too.”

The call ended, and Jongup could feel his heart pounding. That happened every time he ended a conversation with Himchan. If only that feeling could last all day because then, maybe he’d be able to get through the day.

Lying on the bed, he took a deep breath before closing his eyes.

Time to just fall asleep and hopefully troubles drifted away from him. It probably wasn’t going to.

There was a very bad feeling in his stomach. Jongup didn’t know what it was, but he felt even worse about going to school that day, much more than usually. There was never a day that he felt like this.

Now he knew something was going to happen. Even though he was very bent on not going to school, he knew he had to.

Right now, it was at lunch.

The most horrible part of the day. This was because he wasn’t allowed to go into the confinements in the classroom with the teachers. No, he had to actually go and mingle with the rest of the student population – which just gave way to all of those who bullied him to do it even more.

Moving into the cafeteria, he looked around.

Jongup could feel his body getting tensed as he zoned in on the crowd that had made his life a living hell. There was no reason for it. He was just an easy target.

There was no one to back him up.

No one to stand up for him.

And no one to fight for him.

Jongup was all alone. That was the reason he was bullied.

Clutching onto his bag tightly, he moved to an empty table and sat down. Breathing deeply, all he wanted was to be left alone so he could eat peacefully. But of course, that weird feeling in his stomach wasn’t going to die down any time soon.

Biting his lip, he began taking out his lunch from his bag.

And then he began hearing some jeers from across the atrium. All directed at him because he could tell whose voice it was.

That’s when he realised it was going to be a very bad lunch day.

Soon enough, he found himself being pushed up against an adjacent wall, his back getting smashed off of it. This was probably the worst it has ever been. Jongup gulped as he looked up through his bangs up at the four boys that terrorised his life. Jeers continued to be shouted at him, but Jongup didn’t think about what they were saying – there was no point in listening.

But pain kept on rising. The leader – whoever he was (Jongup didn’t even know his name) – suddenly elbowed him in the torso.

Jongup coughed, trying to gain some oxygen as his body slid down the wall in pain.

Today they must’ve been really bored.

No matter how much he tried to hold them back, tears began filling his eyes. It was from the pain when he felt yet another foot his off his torso. And the pain from the fact no one was even helping him.

That was the joy of being the school loner and victim. No one else cared.

“Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”

An unknown voice interrupted Jongup’s thoughts. Did someone just say the most cliché line ever to his bullies? Looking up, still clutching his stomach in pain, he saw three boys standing at the side who he had never seen before.

The one who was standing slightly in front, looked rather frightening. His facial expression was serious, and it held a lot of fierce emotion.

Jongup looked at his bullies, and they all looked surprised.

The leader then took a few steps towards the fierce looking one, and scoffed.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“My name is Guk, and I think you should leave Jongup alone.” The tall one said, his eyes still holding a brutal glare.

Jongup tilted his head. He has surely never met this ‘Guk’ person before. How did he know his name? Looking to the bully, he saw him getting pretty angry at probably being told what to do.

“Why the should I?” The boy said, standing up to Guk. But Guk just smirked before pushing against the other and forcing him back.

The boy on the floor watched as Guk backed the student into a wall.

Just as he watched, he felt someone tapping on his shoulder. It was the other tall stranger, and he was smiling and offering a hand.

Taking it, he got up.

“Hey, Jongup right?” he asked, and the other only nodded suspiciously. “Oh, my name is Zelo. This here, is Daehyun.” Both looked over to the rather handsome blonde standing beside them with a small smile on his lips.

Jongup shook his hand too, but he was still confused.

As he was about to speak, they all heard someone screaming. Looking to the side, the boy who had kicked him in the stomach was currently running out of the atrium with his friends following behind. Guk just scoffed at them before turning around and walking up to Jongup and patting his shoulder.

“Sorry about that.” He whispered. “I hate violence, but it had to be done.”

The student stared at him. Why did he get a feeling he shouldn’t judge Guk by his looks?

All three just stared at him with a smile. And he just got more and more confused because he knew that these three boys didn’t go to this school – so how did they know him?

“How… H-How do you guys know me?” The stuttering had appeared, but that was because he didn’t converse with people that easily.

Guk, Daehyun and Zelo glanced at each other with a smile.

“We were sent here.”

“For you.”

“To come pick you up and take you away.”

All of them replied constantly one after the other. But this just made the small student even more suspicious. Because who the hell knew him that would send these three boys to come and take him away.

Take him where exactly? That was an immediate danger sign.

Shaking his head, he bent down and picked up his bag. He was not going with these strangers. Just as he was about to leave, Zelo took a hold of his wrist and smiled.

“Himchan sent us Jongup.”

The boy froze. His mouth fell agape. His eyes were now wide. Looking up at Zelo, he didn’t know what to say.

“So come on.” Zelo whispered, grinning as he pulled Jongup away.

Soon enough, Jongup was now in the school car park with the other three boys. Guk looked around and moved towards a rather flashy car which made Jongup gasp because it was a freaking Ferrari.

“Who are you guys?” he asked, walking faster to keep up. Daehyun chuckled before he opened the back seat and motioned for Jongup to get in.

“Let’s get you cleaned up before you meet him, hmm?” he said, and Jongup flushed.

When he was in the car, all reality hit him in the face.

He was about to meet Himchan, the one who claimed to love him. The one that he himself had fallen in love with.

Woah.

After an hour at the salon, a couple of hours running through various clothing shops, they were currently standing outside a rather impressive dorm, with Jongup’s whole body shaking in fear of what was to come next. He was trembling, and his eyes were closed. Taking a deep breath, he looked to the side where he could see his reflection.

Oh god. The three boys had bought him some clothes. No one had ever seen him out of his school clothes.

He had simple black jeans and a black t-shirt on. The thing that was most different about him though was his hair.

Daehyun had told the stylist – quietly so that Jongup couldn’t hear him – to switch his hair colour. Now, instead of the ‘boring’ old black colour as the blonde had described it, now in place was a deep purple colour.

“Just calm down.” Zelo whispered from the side, holding onto his arm.

“O-Okay…” Jongup stuttered again. How the hell was he supposed to talk to Himchan for the first time like this?

Suddenly the door opened, and he had no more time to think about it.

Standing in front of him was a tall, lean man, with a perfect smile on his lips. He had blonde hair – much like Daehyun’s – and his eyes were quite big. On his legs was a pair of tight leather pants and he had black military boots on. The man also wore a simple white shirt that was only buttoned up three quarters.

Jongup just gaped at who was standing in front of him. He had no idea who this person was.

Well, not until the gorgeous man actually spoke. And Jongup’s eyes widened.

“You can’t be Jongup can you?” The man asked, and Jongup’s eyes widened. As the boy stood there rather speechless, the dressed up one chuckled. “I’m going to guess that you are most definitely Jongup.”

Moving forward, the man put his hand up onto Jongup’s cheek and let his thumb the skin.

“As you have figured out, I’m Himchan, nice to meet you.” They were very close.

“H-H-Hi.” Jongup replied, and Himchan chuckled lightly.

The other three guys slowly slipped into the room, leaving Jongup and Himchan outside by themselves. They could sense that they shouldn’t be there for this moment.

Jongup and Himchan just stared at each other. Until the student was actually the one to break the silence.

“I never expected you to look like this.” He whispered. His eyes were just rolling over the other’s body, he never expected this. Something as perfect as this. Well, maybe he did. But no matter what the other looked like, Jongup had a feeling that Himchan would probably look perfect either way.

Himchan chuckled before running his fingers through Jongup’s gorgeous purple hair.

“Me too.” He replied.

Both of them smiled, and Jongup took a deep breath.

“Why’d you end those three to my school?” he asked, trying not to blush at the fact he felt Himchan’s hand move from his cheek right down to his hand. Himchan let out a sigh and he tilted his head slowly.

“Because I needed time to get ready for you.” Himchan explained.

“You needed all that time?” Jongup asked, trying to lighten up the conversation a little. He wasn’t that good at this. Himchan chuckled and motioned to the door behind him with a little smirk.

“Let’s go in.”

“Where are we exactly?” The student asked, looking behind Himchan.

The older smiled before he opened the door and stepped to the side. His hand was still intertwined with Jongup’s as the boy moved in. Inside, Jongup smiled.

It looked very homely. Looking around, Jongup magically felt right in this house.

“This is my band’s dorms.”

Jongup stopped when he thought about what the other had just said. Turning his face to look back at the other, he cleared his throat a little. Then he really took in the other’s image, and he had to admit, that he did look like an idol. But that was impossible. A freaking idol wouldn’t be online chatting with some stranger from high school.

“Are… Are… Are you serious?” he wondered, and Himchan chuckle, shutting the door behind him.

The older moved forward and nodded. Tightening his hand around Jongup’s, he brought him to another room where the student guessed was Himchan’s bedroom.

In there, Jongup instantly saw a large poster of an obvious k-pop idol band.

And there, near the middle, was Himchan looking all cool and suave. Chuckling to himself, he put his free hand up to his mouth and took a deep breath. After all this time, he had fallen in love with a freaking idol.

Himchan smiled at him and suddenly hugged him from behind.

“How do you feel Jongup?” The man’s deep voice made Jongup tingle. The young boy was literally convinced he was dreaming right now.

“I… why were you on an online chat with me?” he asked, finally thinking about it.

“Because I wanted to meet someone who didn’t know who I was.” Himchan admitted, his hands just holding on securely to Jongup’s. The young boy sighed, shaking his head before he turned. Looking up at the idol, he bit his lip. “You, are so freaking cute, do you know that?” The other said, smiling.

Jongup looked down in embarrassment and shook his head.

“Why did you talk to me? I’m nobody compared to you.”

Himchan sighed. Looking into Jongup’s eyes, he gazed hard before he wriggled his eyebrows and made the other giggle. Putting his hands on Jongup’s waist, he spoke low and quietly, the way that made Jongup tingle.

“I love you. Don’t you remember? And you love me.”

The boy blushed. There was silence again, and Himchan chuckled.

“Why don’t you rest for a while?” he asked, pointing over to the very comfortable looking bed on the side. Jongup looked at it and smiled.

All of a sudden, yeah, he did feel kind of sleepy.

But there was one problem with that. And he knew it was very embarrassing, but he kind of had to say it out loud.

“Can you… sleep beside me?” Jongup asked, fidgeting with his hands.

“Why?” Himchan asked. Not because he was against the idea, he just wondered how the other managed to ask him a question like that. Jongup was way too cute. And it was rather interesting that he had managed to build up the courage and actually initiate some contact – although maybe once they get past the awkward stage this would happen a lot more often.

“…Because I want to make sure it’s not a dream…” Jongup whispered, his cheeks blazing red at his own stupidity. “And if you’re with me when I wake up, I’ll know.”

The idol stared at him with amazement in his eyes. Nodding, he took a hold of the other’s hand instantly.

Bringing him over to the bed, he flicked the covers away.

“I’ll go in first, then you, kay?” he whispered, and the other nodded cutely.

Himchan moved to the edge of the bed first and pushed his boots off. Smirking at the one in front of him, he slide into the bed and smiled at how warm the duvet was. Looking up at Jongup, he patted the space beside him.

The young student bit his lip before flicking his shoes off slowly. Just as he was about to get into the bed, Himchan instantly shook his head.

“Wait!”

Jongup scrunched up his eyebrows at the order. The idol chuckled and smiled to make sure the other knew it wasn’t something bad.

“Make sure your back is facing me.” He whispered.

The way Jongup’s cheeks heated up was absolutely adorable. Himchan didn’t think something like that would be able to make him feel so happy before. When he felt Jongup’s back up against his own chest, he chuckled.

Moving his arm around Jongup’s waist, he pulled him even closer.

He moved his own face to the student’s ear, he gently whispered into it.

“This is real. I’ll be here when you wake up. I love you.” Himchan whispered, and Jongup couldn’t help but smile. For the first time in his whole life, he actually smiled with a happy feeling running through his body, It was the first genuine smile that he had ever had on his lips, in his whole life.

Closing his eyes, keeping that smile on his lips, he whispered.

“I-I love you too.”

Damn that stuttering. But at least Himchan thought it was cute.

Fin.


A/N: Hope you enjoyed my slice of HimUp ;3