Where? Who? Me?

Tug of War
The year was 2009, it was late August on the West coast of the USA. A 17 year old girl walked down the hallway of her high school. Her name was Willow, she was a Junior. She had just moved to a new school due to extreme bullying. She had endured it for almost 10 years before being taken out. The last year was healing for her, homeschooling felt so safe. However, her mother was unable to continue teaching her after getting two extra jobs. Willow wasn't angry though, it was a brand new start. 
The first few days went surprisingly well for her. She had met many new people who seemed to be friendly and her teachers were wonderful. When the day ended she excitedly told her mom every detail at home. Her mother, who had witnessed the change in her daughter's attitude was relieved. 
Mother: You should get started on your homework then we can sing some karaoke!
A few days later, Willow was in her math class. She shyly asked one of her classmates for help on a question. He smiled at her with beautiful white teeth, showing her how to do the problem correctly.
The door opened in the middle of class and everyone turned to see who it was. Willow's jaw dropped when she saw military men in the doorway. She glanced at her classmate, they noticed her and smiled assuringly. The men scanned the room and their eyes rested upon Willow.
Man#1: You, come with us.
They took out their guns and handcuffs. Her heart raced, what had she done wrong? Since she didn't have a choice, she stood up slowly and looked at her teacher. She was being held at gunpoint as well. All of the other children's eyes were large, everyone immediately knew what was happening. Well, everyone except for Willow that is.
They handcuffed her and led her out of the school. Before putting her into the van, they tried to blindfold her. Panicking, she tried to jerk away which resulted in her being knocked out rather quickly. When she came to , she was sitting in a wooden chair, chained. The room she was in was blindingly white and too quiet. She could hear faint talking but she was unsure if the voices were real or not. The people who had taken her hadn't given her any water or food since the morning before. They had taken her out of school, military men. 
When seemed like hours had passed, the door opened. She weakly looked up, glaring at a suited man with a clipboard. He sat down at the table in front of her, intertwining his fingers.
Man: Do you know why you are here, Willow Cigia?
She slowly shook her head, her dry lips.
Man: You're here because our intel suggests you are an s.3 Demon.
Her eyes widened and her ears pricked, goose bumps sprawling over her arms. The world was divided into two species: Humans and Demons. Humans were the dominant race due to their numbers. Many Demons lived in hiding and weren't considered equals to Humans. 
Willow: That's impossible, my entire family is Human! I swear!
He chuckled and gave an amused smile, shaking his head.
Man: Your family lineage doesn't matter, this is a disease. You contract it when you're little, people are just called demons because the powers they aquire are... destructive.
Without warning, he broke Willow's leg with his feet underneath the table. She tried to scream but nothing came out. He stood up from his chair, smugly smirking before leaving. Not even 3 seconds after he left, she felt her bone snap back into place, the pain disappearing. Her eyes widened and she started to tremble in fear, she had just healed herself...