`001 - Thunder.

Daddy's Girl

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

THUNDER

 

Rain pelted down heavily against Kim Daeha's window; deafening thunder sounding overhead. The little girl curled in to herself and whimpered slightly. Just her luck that mummy was working late and daddy was already asleep.

As her room lit up with the filtered light of lightning, Daeha had had enough. Tearing out from under her blankets, stuffed turtle firmly clutched in her little fists, she ran as fast as her little legs would carry her. It was dark in the hallway and it certainly did nothing to quell Daeha's fears.

Reaching up to open the door to her parent's room, Daeha allowed the door to swing open silently and with the next lightning, she could make out the shape of her daddy in the bed.

With the next thunder clap, Daeha broke into a startled dash, screaming out, "Daddy!"

The lump in the bed bolted up, wine red hair in disarray and small eyes wide. Kim Jongwoon rubbed his eyes tiredly and looked down at the little girl by his bedside, "What's the matter, Daeha? Can't sleep?"

The little girl shook her head and clutched the turtle a little tighter, "Storm is scary."

Jongwoon chuckled sleepily as he adjusted himself into a position where he could pick his little girl up. She cuddled up against him as the two laid down, head resting against his firm shoulder and her small arm wrapped over his chest as far as it could reach.

The small body quivered against him as more thunder crashed outside and Jongwoon pulled her close, humming a ballad into her hair softly, lulling her to sleep with his low voice.

"Love you, Daddy..." Daeha murmured sleepily, hugging the stuffed toy between her arm and Jongwoon's chest tightly.

"Love you too baby, now go to sleep. Daddy's here."

Jongwoon kissed the top of Daeha's head gently, as they both fell asleep.



When Ga Eul arrived home from her late shift, she panicked slightly as she spotted her daughter's bedroom door wide open.

Almost immediately thinking the worst, she ran on tiptoe to her bedroom, where she knew Jongwoon would be sleeping. Pausing when she saw that door open too, Ga Eul peeked inside and smiled slightly.

Her racing heart calmed down at the sight of her husband and daughter fast asleep together.

"Aish, those two." She murmured, creeping into the room and shutting the door gently. She hurried into the bathroom, quickly taking a shower and changing into some pyjamas.

Crawling into bed, Ga Eul jumped when dark eyes opened - trained on her every move.

"Just got home?"

Ga Eul nodded as Jongwoon yawned tiredly, "Go to sleep," she whispered, kissing him gently. He nodded, curling around Daeha protecively.

Ga Eul smiled as she tucked herself in and fell asleep.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

This was made because it has been raining here for a few days and there's been quite a bit of thunder and lightning lately (me thinks it's offset from the typhoon that hit the Philippines). I have never been afraid of thunder storms mind you, so this is all imagination.

xoxo Raine