Chapter 1- The Asian Invasion

Falling for the Foreigner

It was a bright sunny morning in South Korea. Despite the cheery weather, Riley Brooks was not feeling too happy. 

"It's too early to be awake," she grumbled as she walked across the street. The brunette was too fatigued from her flight from Florida to take in r surroundings. She did bump into a few people because of that fact and she was pretty sure that they were yelling nasty things at her. She isn't very fluent in Korean after all. She understood the language well enough to be placed in Advanced Placement classes in Seoul International School. 

"Where do they live again?," she asked herself.

The American stopped and the address on her phone while readjusting the position of her guitar case on her back. 

135-283 Seoul Teukbyeolsi

Yongsan-gu Seocho 2-dong 1308-25

Hana APT 9-cheung 912-ho

Bak Minho Seonsaeng-nim

She smiled triumphantly when she realized that the apartment building was indeed in front of her. Riley dragged her two luggages into the luxurious apartment building. The family she was staying with was obviously wealthy in Korea since they owned the penthouse of the expensive looking building. She pushed her large framed glasses up her nose as she started to take in her surroundings. This place had diamond chandelier lighting and modern furniture imported from Europe. 

"Are you Ms. Brooks Riley?" a man dressed in a tux asked her. He had a very strong accent that was quite funny to Riley. She tried her best not to laugh, but she did let out a small chuckle causing the man to turn back and look at her.

He shrugged it off. The man then grabbed her luggages despite her protests and walked to the elevator with the girl. She was not like the Americans he would see in movies. She did not have that pale skin that the Westerners had as he saw in Korean movies with an American girl in it. Maybe he was wrong. The man pressed the button that said the ninth floor and waited awkwardly with the foreigner for the elevator doors to open. Jongyoon glanced at the girl. She was definitely not pale. Being pale is still something that is looked for sometimes by many oriental people living in Asia. Being pale meant that you were rich enough so you did not have to go outside to work. 

Riley was a rather tan girl. She would be outside many times for charity work.

Why is he staring at me? Am I that interesting? I feel like some alien coming from another planet. Riley thought.

She was extremely glad when she got out of the elevator. Jongyoon led her to apartment #912 and bidded her farewell. 

She nervously knocked on the door, hoping that her family was nice. The family did not have a kid whatsoever which made Riley extremely pleased. She did not want to be dealing with some kid or some guy/girl her age. There was another reason why she came here. It was because of her nasty breakup with her boyfriend who cheated on her with a close friend. She then realized that all of her friends only hung out with her because she had money. 

I had such wonderful friends, she thought bitterly. 

The door slightly opened and an arm shot out of the crack. The arm grabbed Riley's luggages and her arm, dragging the poor girl into the apartment.  

The apartment was one of the bigger ones in the building, but the penthouse was inhabited by a very rich band that would be mentioned later on. 

"I'm sorry about that! There were a few camera men outside!" the Korean women apologized. 

"It's alright," Riley gave her a small smile. 

"You must be Riley! You have such a Western look! You're so cute!" the woman squealed. "I hope we can go shopping together!"

Riley groaned in her mind. She did not hate shopping, but it seems like this woman is going to force her to wear frilly and girly clothing on the weekends. Her style is muscle tanks, t-shirts, hoodies, skinny jeans, and Vans. Goddamn, I do not like most of the clothes here anyways. Such feminine clothing. 

Riley shuddered. What if the woman does make her wear a dress?

"You are overwhelming the poor girl, jagiya!" a chuckling voice said. A man, Park Minho, walked in. He and his wife were about 35 years-old. They were not an old couple. 

"And it is obvious Riley is not someone who would like to go shopping for girly clothes," he gestured to Riley's outfit that consisted of a black hoodie and ripped skinny jeans.

"Can't I put makeup on her?" the woman pouted. 

Riley shook her head violently. She doesn't mind concealer, but that's pretty much it. Makeup was something that she would put on for special occasions. She couldn't help but feel as if she was a doll to the woman. It disgusted her after all. 

"Hello, I am Park Minho and this is my lovely wife Seohyun."

Damn, one whole ing year with this woman. God please help me.