Chapter 2

Caramel Macchiato
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The second time Byun Baekhyun met Park Chanyeol, 

He spilled Americano on his pants.

Least to say, Chanyeol was not happy.

And hurt.

 

♦♦

Day 2: He definitely hates me.

 

 

 

 "Hey Xiumin hyung."

"Yes Kyungsoo?"

"What, the hell is Baekhyun doing with the cupcake?"

"Mmm. . . I don't know, neither do I want to know. He's probably imagining that the cupcake is Chanyeol, completely over with yesterday's outfit event. Funny enough, he slammed into the cafe earlier this morning and, with a disgustingly proud face exclaims that he actually wants to bo — no, he wants Chanyeol to bone him on the counter."

". . . Didn't he say he's straight like, two days ago?" 

"Guess the giant is an exception." 

". . .Well, welcome to the gay club then." 

Both men observed the brunette behind the counter with pure disgust just as Baekhyun puckered his lips and began giving the pink-coloured frosted cupcake butterfly kisses, before proceeding to do a spin with his arms stretched high up above. He then talked to the sweet treat in an equally sweet voice, as if it was a living thing.

Xiumin and Kyungsoo were at a complete loss for words. Baekhyun, originally is a man with a habit of carrying out crazy and retarded acts throughout the years. Unless the topic is about his sworn enemy, there is no way Baekhyun would behave in a calm and collected manner.  Everyone knows that. But who knew, the true Byun Baekhyun is actually, a nutcase. In fact, the man is borderline abusing the title of a nutcase, according to Kyungsoo - once, Baekhyun was so mad at his parents for inviting his enemy (read: his cousin, Jaejoong) to his 16th birthday party, climbed up the table, stripped down all his clothes till he's left in his birthday suit, and begin dancing to "Single Ladies" by Beyonce. 

Kyungsoo shuddered at the memory. The elder man wailed and draped himself around the younger's waist, dripping snot all over his apron and the wide-eyed man wished that he could shove him aside without bearing any consequences. Alas, the elder man is still his boss. He sighed and the owner's back comfortingly. 

 

The bell by the door rang and Jongin sauntered in. Kyungsoo's face lit up at the sight of the teen, yet gave the stink eye to the bunch of girls flocking behind him. Stink eye turned murderous the minute Jongin's fans began touching the boy anywhere their hands could reach; skin against skin, s against arms. He wondered which skunk he should skin alive first — what could you say? Kyungsoo is a very jealous man.

"HI BABY!"

The girls halted and groaned loudly.  Kyungsoo gave a sickeningly sweet smile and stuck his tongue out at them - nose scrunching in a way that Jongin secretly enjoys watching whenever the elder is jealous - Dats right honey, Jongin is mine. "Bye girls you can go now! Oh Soo, I miss you so much! Hi Xiumin hyung! And hi Bae—what the hell is wrong with him?"

Jongin raised an eyebrow as he made his way behind the counter, kissing Kyungsoo on the cheek as he walked. The flock of girls their heels, unceremoniously storming out of the cafe. The elder blushed slightly and cleared his throat. He jabbed a thumb towards Baekhyun. "He, just got hit by cupid's arrow."

 "A gay one too." Xiumin piped in the conversation and resumed sobbing into Kyungsoo's apron. Jongin raised an eyebrow. "Baekhyun's gay? I thought he said he was straight as a ruler?" 

Said man's unnecessary giggles broke Kyungsoo's train of thoughts on how he should reply to the boyfriend and their attention was brought back to him.

"Awww you are so cute Yeollie." 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung.."

 

 

 

"Yes, Jongin."

 

 

 

"Did he just . . . named the cupcake . . ."

"Yes Jongin. Apparently he did. For the past few hours or so as a matter of fact."

". . ."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hahhhhh I love you so much my cute, cute giant!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

". . . ."

 

 

 

 

 

"Can you be mine? Yes of course my sweet Yeol! I will definitely be yours!"

 

By then, the whole cafe was staring at Baekhyun. (With his voice changing from an attempted low pitch to a high one, it wasn't hard to notice). But the petite brunette was so into his act, he didn't even realise the amount of audience he had garned within the span of five minutes. As a matter of fact, half of the patrons have long abandoned their conversations with one another and decided to turn their eyes to the man with brown hair cuddling what seems to be a pink frosted cupcake. Of course, the said person does not seem to realise how handphones of different sizes are currently recording him. 

Xiumin - god bless the poor soul - dramatically sobbed into Kyungsoo's shirt and the latter rubbed his back soothingly, trying to calm his boss down. On the other hand, Jongin had sought refugee in the kitchen ("I can't do this; I can't watch. The second hand embarrassment is very real right now.") but somehow managed to hold his phone and film the entire ordeal from the glass panel. 

"K..Kyungsoo..."

"Yes, Xiumin hyung?"

"Please just take him away from the counter. This is shedding off at least 50 years of my life!"

Kyungsoo stared down at the elder, back up to the brunette, and cringed at the thought of having to approach the said man. He was beginning to place the edible flower petals that Kyungsoo had specially ordered for their upcoming Thanksgiving promotion cakes; expensive, pretty, edible flower petals — how dare this piece of . If only the tall giant were around, Kyungsoo would gladly throw the heavy burden that is Baekhyun into the giant's arms and get rid of him and his second-hand embarrassment despite being friends with said man since they were in diapers.

 

KRING

 

 

Speaking of the devil.

 

Long, slender yet manly looking fingers impatiently drummed against the counter. An eyebrow was raised in a perfect arch. Anyone could see the man's patience oozing out of his body. 

 

 

Anyone, except the idiot behind the counter. 

 

 

"He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me n—"

"Can I order now or ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter