Keep Him Warm

Keep Him Warm

Suho was easy to feel cold and Kris was concerned about that. At EXO’s dorm, Suho would turn the heater into high temperature, making the members that were with him in the same room feel so hot, but if he didn’t do it he would be freezing along the night. The members were about to protest, but then they shut their mouth up because before they could say something that might harm Suho’s feeling, Kris already gave them his famous murderous glare.

Being in the airport was way worse. Once, Kris had to lend his scarf to the other leader because Suho looked like he would die soon by the coldness if he couldn’t find something that would be able to keep him warm. It was kind of hard for Kris to see Suho rubbing his delicate hands together because the cold temperature was like killing him; it was hard to hold the urge to pull the smaller leader into his embrace and share the warmth together.

And that day, Kris had to do his best to hold the same urge for the umpteenth time. That day he and Suho would head to Amsterdam to attend MTV EMA after going to SS5 in London beforehand. They had just stepped into the airport and Kris already found Suho rubbing his hands, signaling that he started feeling cold. Kris mentally cursed because they were in public right then and he didn’t want to touch Suho because he knew it would make Suho feel uncomfortable. Hiding their relationship—what kind of relationship, Kris, himself, was still wondering about it, but what he knew was his relationship with Suho wasn’t just like that; he was sure that love was included there—was the best thing according to Suho, and even though Kris hated to admit it, Suho was right. They couldn’t touch each other freely when people still surrounded them, it might give a negative impact for their band.

It was bad. Kris could see that Suho’s palms started getting paler than what they normally were. Kris regretted that he didn’t take his scarf out of his suitcase. That day wasn’t that cold so he thought Suho wouldn’t get cold, especially with his black, leather jacket. It seemed that Kris forgot how fragile Suho was when it came to the cold temperature in airport.

“Are you feeling cold?” Kris asked the other male.

“A little,” Suho answered. “But it’s not that bad, though…”

Kris felt a pang in his heart as Suho gave him a reassuring smile. He knew that Suho didn’t want to make him worried, but of course he was still worried. Suho’s skin was normally pale, but looking at how his skin turned to almost white was really worrying him.
Quietly, Kris moved closer to Suho, not too closer to be able to touch his body, but enough to smell Suho’s sweet, vanilla scent. “Let’s get something that can make you feel more comfortable.” Kris said. “We can buy hot coffee to keep your body warm.”

Suho nodded. He followed Kris, who already walked in front of him. He let Kris order a cup of hot coffee for him, saying a soft ‘thank you’ as he felt warmness started spreading on his body after a few sips of the delicious liquid. Suho felt much better and Kris could sigh in relief as he saw Suho’s cheeks turning pink; he knew that the small leader wasn’t feeling cold anymore.

Kris chuckled lightly as Suho asked, “Aren’t you feeling cold drinking iced coffee? It’s so cold here…”

“It’s not that cold,” replied the blonde male. “Moreover, even by looking at you makes me feel warm inside.

Suho blushed hearing the answer. “Stop being so cheesy, Yifan.” he mumbled. He then took another sip of his coffee, only to distract his mind from his partner’s sweet words.

Kris smiled, feeling warmer than before as Suho called him by his real name, not his stage name. “I wonder how you will survive when we reach London and Amsterdam. You’re going to be freezing in no time…” he grinned slyly before saying the other male’s name in a lower tone. “… Junmyeon.”

Suho’s cheeks flushed even more. He pursed his lips, feeling embarrassing because Kris called him with his real name too. “I don’t have any problem with the cold weather there…” he said, making the taller leader raise one of his eyebrows.

“How could you think that way? You’re even already freezing when we’re still here in Korea!”

Suho looked up at his partner, giving him a sheepish smile. “I have you, who will keep me warm all time.”