t w o

Answer Me 2007 (Reply 2007)

t w o

Snack Corner

08.30.07

- - -

After a few weeks passed by, Sarang and Hanbin found themselves getting closer and closer as they worked together. They had many things in common; their love for music, their love for food (all types of food really), their obsession of the Harry Potter series (both books and movie), and also their hatred of school, which was coming to haunt them again as summer break ended. 

"Why can't summer just last forever?" Sarang groaned, washing the dishes. Hanbin just smirked next to her, drying the dishes. 

"Because if it did, then I bet you 99% of children would give up on learning and our society would slowly deteriorate into a hot mess that doesn't how to control the government or anything because they never got economy shoved down their throats," Hanbin simply said. Sarang nodded in agreement. 

"But I'm sure that 1% would be able to get our society trudging along," She said in rebuttal. 

"Hey, I'm not against you Sarang Noona," Hanbin said, putting his hands up in defense, "I just always try to convince myself that education is worth my time. Why do you think I'm here right now?"

"What do you mean you're only here right now because education is worth your time?" Sarang asked. 

"Well, to study you need books right?" Hanbin asked.

"Well, of course," Sarang said, "But the school provides you with them."

"Yeah, but you need extra prep books to really succeed y'know?" Hanbin said, "And I need food and clothes and other neccesities, don't you think?"

"Can't you just ask your parents for that kind of stuff?" She asked. 

"Yeah, I could," Hanbin said, slightly laughing, "Too bad I don't have any." He put down the dishrag and started to pack up his stuff, "Hey I should probably get home now, but we completed the dishes right?" He gave her a lighthearted smile. Sarang just stared at him in shock. 

"What do you mean you don't have any parents?" She asked, still in shock. Hanbin just chuckled. 

"Passed away early in a car accident," Hanbin said, "I barely even remember them honestly. I was around one year old, I believe." 

"Th-then who takes care of you now?" Sarang asked. 

"Well, my uncle took custody of me for a while, but a close hyung of mine offered up his place when I got into middle school, so I stay there now," Hanbin said, "My uncle drops by once in a while, but he knows I can fend for myself." Hanbin shrugged, "I'll see you later Sarang Noona. Let me know what builiding your class is in! Who knows, maybe we'll have luck in getting the same building." He waved at her and left. Sarang just stared at empty space for a while. 

I would've never guessed that Hanbin was an orphan. He always seems so happy and optimistc. She thought in awe. I should become more like him. 

"Hey Sarang," Sarang's mom interrupted her thoughts, "Ready to go home?" Sarang nodded. 

"Yeah!" She said, "I'll be right out!" Sarang quickly packed her stuff and followed her mom outside. Suddenly, she had a thought. 

"Hey Mom," Sarang said, "Actually I just realized I have somewhere to go really quick. Go home first okay! I'll be there in around an hour." With that, Sarang turned around and quickly started running to a street of stores. Sarang's mom just shook her head and laughed. 

What. Is there a new T.O.P. poster out or something? Sarang's mom thought and went home. 

- - -

Fashion Warehouse

08.30.07

- - -

Hmm, maybe a cardigan or jacket to wear over his uniform when it gets chilly. It's only August though, I doubt it'll get cold any time soon. Maybe a few simple t-shirts?Jeans? Sarang thought as she looked through the clothes in the mens section. What about a tanktop? Sarang suddenly blushed at the thought of Hanbin showing off his biceps. Oh no. Get your mind straight Sarang. We're here for clothes for Hanbin. Not to daydream about Hanbin's muscles. She kept looking through the clothes, but couldn't make up her mind on what to get him. Oh you know what. I'll just get him all of this. It's not that much and I just got my allowance. Sarang grabbed everything that looked decent. I just need to get to the cashier now. As Sarang walked, she thought about how she would present the clothes to Hanbin without making it seemed like she pitied him, even though it kind of was pity. 'You know.Just so you can focus on education more.' No, that sounds too Noona-ish. 'It's my duty to make sure you're in the latest trends.' No, too snobby. 'Just because?' Ugh. No. All wrapped in her thoughts, Sarang didn't realize that she was walking in the same path as someone right across from her. Unfortunately, neither of them saw it coming. 

"AHH!" Sarang yelped as she bumped in the person, falling down. 

"Oh god," The stranger groaned, receiving the other end of the impact as well. The two were surrounded by the clothes Sarang had picked out for Hanbin. After Sarang came to her senses, she realized what a mess she had made. 

"OH MY GOSH. I AM SO SORRY," Sarang exclaimed, helping the stranger up, "I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going." She sheepishly said. The stranger just smiled at her. 

"Hey, it's no problem," He said, "I was at fault, too. We could've both avoided this accident if one of us was paying attention." He grinned and Ahna thought her heart was going to melt. 

"Oh-h, well I guess," She stumbled upon her words. The stranger just grinned at her and started to pick up the clothes Sarang had dropped. 

"Oh, you don't need to do that," She tried to stop him, but he was already done. 

"Better move faster next time, huh?" He winked at her, "Why were you even shopping for mens' clothes?" He asked, "Got a special someone?" Sarang blushed again and shook her head. 

"No, just a dongsaeng," She said. 

"Well, you must really care for your dongsaeng to buy all these clothes for him," He said. 

"I just feel the need to protect him, I guess," She shrugged, but in the back of her mind, a thought nagged her. Is that all it is? 

"Oh, well I have a dongsaeng at home, too," The stranger laughed, "He doesn't get into trouble, so I don't really give him extra care, but I guess I should be more considerate like you. Buy him clothes and stuff." 

"Oh, no," Sarang laughed, "I think this is my one kind deed of the year. He just happens to be lucky enough to receive it." 

"Aw, so I don't get a good deed from you?" He teased. Sarang giggled. 

"Well, I mean, I just met you, so I'm not sure what I can give you," She said. 

"How about your name?" He smiled. Sarang suddenly thought back to the smirking Baekhyun on the bus. She quickly shook her head, trying to forget the memory. 

"Is that all?" She asked, "Oh, c'mon. This is a rare good deed from me. You've got to at least ask for one more thing." The stranger chuckled. 

"Is that so?" He said, "Then how about your phone number too?" Sarang playfully stepped back in shock. 

"Woah there," She said, "That's a lot to ask for." 

"Well then, how about I give you my name and number in return?" He asked. Sarang nodded and smiled. 

"That sounds good," She grinned a little, "So, how about I start. The name's Cho Sarang." 

"Sarang? As in I Sarang You?" He tried to crack a joke. 

"Ha. Ha," Sarang said, unamused, "That's the first one I've heard that." He chuckled. 

"You can't blame a guy for trying," He said, "Anyways, my name's Minho. Song Minho." 

"Minho," Sarang nodded, "I think I'm going to call you Mino. Minho's too common." Minho laughed. 

"Whatever pleases you Sarang," He said. They exchanged phone numbers as well with promises to meet up for at least a quick chat over coffee. 

"So, I should probably let you pass by and buy these clothes right?" He asked. Sarang nodded. 

"That would be nice," She smiled. 

"Well then, 'till next time," He said and walked away. After he was long gone out of site, Sarang gave out a little squeal. I think I'm the luckiest girl on this planet. 

- - -

author's note; 

so how was this update you guys? c:

a little shorter than first one huh?

i wanted to include the part up to where sarang goes to school because i feel like naeun is being neglected a lot ; (

oh well. a huge chapter coming up on thanksgiving! : ) i promise < 3

sarang still has to meet bachelor #4, but after that happens everything speeds up from there! 

anyways, thanks for 17 subscribers in one day! < 3

it means a lot to me even though it doesn't seem that big to some of you ; )

so how about now guys, BAEKHYUN VS. HANBIN VS. MINHO? who do you think deserves sarang's heart so far? ; )

MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE YOU GUYS! < 3