Betrayal

Ironic Tragedy

It's harder for Youngjae to get out of bed most days, but today seems to be a struggle. After waking up from another nightmare at four in the morning, he stays in bed awake staring at the ceiling.

"Youngjae, you need to get up." His voice echos throughout the room.

"Go away..." Youngjae's voice is scratchy and dry from holding back the tears.

"Today is just another day." Daehyun reassures.

"Ne, another day without you..." Youngjae says to the empty room. "I can't believe... it's already been a year."

 

Flashback

Youngjae's POV:

"Jaejae~." My heart skipped a beat as I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I turned to look at my boyfriend behind me.

"Ne Daedae?" I questioned him, the hate for life building in my stomach, or was that guilt?

"Let's go on a walk! Let's go to the Han River." His smile and happiness made me want to come clean, to reveal my secrets, but I held them in. I had to do it.

"Arraso." He moved next to me, taking my hand and pulling me towards the bridge. We were already out getting some fresh air and a late ice cream snack when I got a text that it was time.

"It's such a nice night. Why don't we come back here again some time?" I didn't really know how to responde to that, so I just nodded my head. "Are you alright, Youngjae? You seem out of it." I shrugged, happy that we finally made it to the river. We made our way to the middle of the bridge, me stopping a few feet back. Daehyun ran to the side, looking out at the river's body.

This is it... It's the perfect moment... Just do it already!... I hesitantly pulled out my gun and pointed it at my target for the past couple weeks.

"Jung Daehyun, you must die for betraying the Yoo Clan." I said confidently, since I practice this a million times. Daehyun slowly turned to look at me; showing a pained expression.

"I was hoping you wouldn't do this to me, Youngjae." He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "I was hoping you would chose to stay with me." His small chuckle made me tense.

"You knew?" I asked, feeling stupid for giving myself away.

"Of course I did. Do you expect me to not know of a traitor in my mist? Do you really think I am that much of a moron?" Before I could answer, Daehyun laughed.

"Of course you did and it's true. I let you stay even though I knew who and what you are. I thought I could show you a love that had you change your opinion of me. I wanted to live with you forever, Youngjae." I grew angry at his words.

"Don't pull such bull with me, Daehyun!" I yelled at him, cocking the gun and aiming it at his head.

"I'm not doing anything, but telling you the truth. I love you, Yoo Young-" I pulled the trigger, cutting off his sentence. I couldn't take hearing the lies. They were lies right?

I wiped the tears that had escaped and walked over to the dead body. I picked him up, pecked his cheek, and pushed him over the edge. Goodbye, Daehyun.

 

Back To Present

My memories were interrupted by my phone going off. I grabbed the device and answered the call.

"Yoboseyo?" I let out a small yawn, before sitting up.

"Hey Youngjae, we have another person who betrayed-"

"Just tell me where I can find him." I cut to the chase, not caring who it was or what they did. I just had to follow my father's orders, since he was the leader of our gang.

"The Han River at noon." I looked over at the clock. It was 11:30 now.

"Arraso." I hung up and got ready. As I made my way to the river, Daehyun, as always, filled my mind. It wasn't hard for a person who I loved to invade my thoughts. I must seem pretty heartless huh? Killing the one I love? I couldn't disobey my father's orders or I would be terminated.

I sighed, shaking away my thoughts as the river came into view. The same river I killed Daehyun at and tossed his body into. I wonder how he is doing in the afterlife...

I stopped in my tracks as a figure came into my view. He was glancing over the side, staring up at the sun that was hiding behind some clouds. As I got closer, I could take in the person's appearance. My heart caught in my throat.

"D...Daehyun?" I called out. Was this a dream? A hallucination? A simple trick of the mind? Or was this really my lost love? Regardless, the boy turned and glanced at me confused.

"I'm sorry. You must have me confused with someone else." He scratched the back of his head, before revealing his smile that was identical to Daehyun's. "I'm Taehyung; nice to meet you..."

"Uh, Youngjae. I'm Yoo Youngjae." I extended my hand, but the boy's smile dropped as he backed away.

"So you are the one who killed my brother. I was wondering when you were going to come for me." He looked back out into the sun. Brother?

"I didn't know Daehyun had a brother." I stated.

"Yeah well, we don't have the same last names. Plus he likes to keep me secret, you know from people like you." The venom in his voice dripped out over his words, cutting through my exterior. "Are you here to kill me too?"

"I am suppose to." I shrugged.

"Well, are you?" He turned to look at me. His brown eyes filled with sadness pierced through my heart, making it break into a million pieces.

"N... no..." I whispered, lowering my gun.

"Good, because I wasn't ready to die yet." Taehyung smirked, before pulling out a gun and aiming it at me. "Goodbye, Yoo Youngjae." Click.

I fell to my knees, before going face first into the concrete. It didn't even hurt; the wound that destroyed my heart. Ironic, isn't it? What hurts more is the pain I feel for what I did to Daehyun, instead of the bullet that ended my heart's rhythm.

I gasp for the last seconds of air, as hands picked me up. The arms that held me are skinny, like Daehun's, yet have a slight muscular built. I was placed on a hard, thin metal piece that made the edges of railing on the bridge.

"Goodbye, Youngjae." I heard, before I was pushed over the edge and consumed with water and darkness.