HeadPhones

HeadPhones

Chanyeol woke up to the sound of his digital alarm clock. He looked at the time and saw that it was half past six in the morning. He groaned knowing that he had another day of college.

 

He slowly got up from his bed and went to the bathroom to wash up. Before he got in the shower, he looked in the mirror and saw that he had bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep. He pouted unconsciously and took off his shirt along with his pants before he got into the steaming shower.

 

As he was showering, he kept on thinking about the final exam he was taking today. He wanted to become a doctor because of his family background.

 

His father was a doctor while his mother was a nurse. They expected their kids to follow in their footsteps and that's exactly what Chanyeol and his sister are doing. His sister was in her third year while Chanyeol is graduating this year, if he passes his exam.

 

He turned the shower off and grabbed a towel hanging from the rack. He dried his body before he dried his black hair. After he was done drying, he threw the towel in the hamper.

 

He went into his closet and tried to find the perfect outfit for the day. He picked out black skinny jeans with a purple button up shirt. He always liked to look his best on special days and he knew this day was special.

 

He looked in his full body mirror once more and gave himself a nod before he put his shoes on and left the house.

~*~

 

He put his pen in his bag and slung the bag over his shoulder before he left the classroom. He gave his test to his professor and left the classroom with a smile on his face. He knew he passed the test and he was proud of it.

 

As he walked outside, he saw someone on the bench that caught his eyes. The boy was small, had brown hair and he had books in front of him. Chanyeol tilted his head a little and went to the bench.

 

He's seen the boy in one of his classes and he always had headphones in. Chanyeol recalled the boy to be quiet and he never talked, so he hoped that he would get the boy to talk.

 

When he got to the bench, he taped on the boy's right shoulder, making the shorter flinch, but turned around. He gave the giant a small smile before turning back to his book. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows and tapped on the boy's shoulder again. He took a post-it note and wrote something on it before giving it to the giant.

 

"I am trying to read."

 

Chanyeol chuckled, sat down next to the boy, pulled out his pen, along with his own post-it notes and wrote something on his before giving it to the boy.

 

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to know your name. Mine name is Park Chanyeol."

 

The boy looked at the giant and smiled. Chanyeol swore his heart stopped beating when he saw the perfect straight white teeth the boy had.

 

"It's okay. I didn't mean to be rude. My name is Byun Baekhyun."

 

Chanyeol smiled and wrote on his post-it note.

 

"That's a nice name. What is your major?"

 

"I want to become a writer."

 

"Do you like to write?"

 

The boy nodded his head, looked through his backpack before he found a purple folder that had all of his stories in it.

 

"Writing is what helps me stay sane in this crazy place. If you want I can give you my latest story?"

 

Chanyeol looked at the boy and nodded. He thought that if he was going to befriend the boy, he may as well know what the boy likes to do. Baekhyun looked at his watch and sighed.

 

"I have to go."

 

"Tomorrow, here, three thirty?"

 

The boy nodded, got his backpack together and waved goodbye to Chanyeol. The giant had a strange feeling in his heart but he didn't know what it was.

~

 

The next day, Chanyeol went to the bench but saw that Baekhyun wasn't their. He huffed out his cheeks and went to go sit down. When his hit the cement seat, he pulled out his phone and started to play a game.

 

Baekhyun was walking to the bench and saw that the giant was their. A smile played on his face and he went to go sit next to him. When the giant didn't acknowledge his existence, he pulled out his post-it notes and wrote on it.

 

"Giant."

 

Chanyeol saw the note, turned off his game and pulled his out.

 

"Sorry. I was trying to beat my friend in a game."

 

"It's okay. Have you read my story?"

 

"I read like the first four chapters and it was really good!"

 

"Really?!"

 

"Yeah, I love how dark and mysterious it is. What goes on in that tiny head?"

 

Chanyeol poked Baekhyun's forehead, making the shorter swat the giant's hand away and blush.

 

"What goes on in that big head?"

 

"Nothing really!"

 

Baekhyun laughed at the note. The laugh was music to Chanyeol's ears. He thought that Baekhyun was the perfect person that he had meet.

~

 

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Chanyeol and Baekhyun have been passing post-it notes for three months and they have never gotten bored of each others presence.

 

Chanyeol's presence to Baekhyun was like a breath of fresh air. He had never meet anyone like the giant but he hoped that the giant would never leave him.

 

Baekhyun's presence to Chanyeol was like something that he could never imagine. Baekhyun was the light to Chanyeol and the giant hoped that Baekhyun will stay with him.

 

Chanyeol had graduated college the first two weeks they started passing notes but he would still go to the college to talk to Baekhyun. The shorter's graduation isn't in another two months but Chanyeol didn't mind, as long as he could see Baekhyun.

 

He sat on the bench waiting for the shorter. When he saw him, he waved at Baekhyun with his big goofy smile on his face. Baekhyun waved back and ran to Chanyeol, letting him engulf him in a hug, something that they started doing a month ago.

 

Once Baekhyun broke the hug, he sat down and pulled out his notes, as did Chanyeol.

 

They continued passing notes but Chanyeol wanted to hear the boy talk.

 

"Can you talk for me?"

 

He looked at the boy and saw a sad expression plastered on Baekhyun's face. He bit his lip and shook his head.

 

"Why? Can't you talk?"

 

"I can't."

 

Chanyeol sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

"Then what song are you listening to?"

 

Chanyeol wanted to change the subject because he knew that was probably an uncomfortable subject for Baekhyun.

 

The shorter pulled out his headphone and put it up to Chanyeol's ear. Chanyeol was expecting to hear a song but heard nothing. He creased his eyebrows together and spoke.

 

"There's nothing playing." He said out of disbelief.

 

Baekhyun took a note and wrote on it at lightening speed.

 

"I'm deaf. I was involved in a car accident in my third year of high school."

 

Chanyeol put his hand over his mouth and sighed. "I-I didn't..." Chanyeol couldn't finds words to say. He was shocked because the boy that he was so infatuated with was deaf.

 

Baekhyun started to cry and wrote on another post-it.

 

"You don't have to come anymore. I have to go."

 

He was about to stand up and leave but a hand prevented  him to do so. He looked at Chanyeol and tried to wipe away his tears but couldn't. Chanyeol brought Baekhyun into a hug and rubbed his back, offering comfort.  He broke the hug and wiped the older's tears.

 

"Don't cry. I'm not leaving and I will never leave you. Ever since I saw you, I knew that I had to have you and I wanted you. Baekhyun, I love you." Baekhyun cried harder when the giant said that. "I'll never leave you ever. So will you be my boyfriend." Baekhyun shakily nodded his head with a smile on his face.

 

Chanyeol smiled and kissed his lips. He was happy that Baekhyun didn't push him away. He was happy that he finally had someone that he can call his boyfriend.