Final

Of Heavy Rain and Pained Tears

Nights like this --rain falling against rooftops, the droplets' pitter-patter that echo against the asphalt of sidewalks, blinding lightnings , booming thunders, and the cold that seeps through the bones-- gives us a sense of nostalgia, and it makes the heart remember even the most painful memories.

Nights like this, Donghae wants nothing more than to curl up against his lover's slimmer body, trying desperately to block the incoming thoughts of the past.

He hates storms so much he wishes they never even existed. They make him remember, and he doesn't want to relive the pain that he tried so hard to forget.

As the rain continues to mercilessly beat the dorm's rooftop, he shakes from the cold and the hurt that invades his chest.

Hyukjae, sensing the latter's distress, tightens his hold around Donghae's waist and brings him impossibly closer. Their bodies are so flushed against each other, they could even feel heartbeats beating that aren't their own and warm breaths that hits both their faces.

Hyukjae hears a little sob and notices the tears that trickles down his lover's face, wetting his own in the process.

He kisses the salty droplets away, one by one, trailing his lips against Donghae's cheeks to his nose to the side of the younger's mouth, and, finally, to a pair of thinner lips wet from the clear crystals that escaped his lover's beautiful brown eyes. He slowly moves his plumper ones against the other's, the kiss gradually growing urgent as if his actions could take away all of Donghae's pain away. 

He knows what Donghae is going through, he knows the thoughts that are running in his head, and the pain that stabs his heart at the moment.

He knows that Donghae's father had breathed his last during a storm, on a night like this.

He knows that Donghae had felt the pain of losing a parent and having to grow up too fast on the same gloomy night, on a night like this.

He pulls away when the need for air is unbearable, reaching a hand to wipe the tears that wouldn't seem to stop.

"It's okay," he whispers against Donghae's quivering lips. "It's going to be okay."

Donghae nods.

Donghae believes him because it's Hyukjae, and he understands. He believes him because he knows that Hyukjae could take away the hurt, and replace it with all the love he needs that could last him a lifetime.

On a night like this and the nights that will follow, he knows that things will finally be alright.

 


[a/n] oh my god, I completely forgot to update this. I'll be posting another drabble to compensate for my stupidity. Uuugh.

Also, I appreciate comments :D