001: The Passerby

On The Streets

"Yoonjo-ah, do you want to watch a movie with me at the cinema after school?"

Yooyoung questioned Yoonjo with a soft whisper into her ear and cocked a brow, her eyes glistening. She really hoped for her to say yes since they rarely hung out together.

"I'm sorry, Yooyoung but I'll pass. I have to work at my aunt's boutique."

Yoonjo heaved a deep sigh as she yawned, trying to focus on their History class. Thank goodness, it was the last class or not, she would be bored to death!

A few minutes later, the school bell rang and Yoonjo was as happy as a lark — finally, school was over and it was time to have ultimate freedom.

"Are you sure you're not going? My cousin, Nara would accompany me. She really missed you."

Yoonjo widened her eyes and puffed her cheeks out. "Yes and ah, really? Do send her my regards, I missed her too."

"No problem! I'll see you tomorrow, girlfriend!" Yooyoung skipped off her seat and gave a wave at Yoonjo, flashing a bright smile despite sadness filling her heart.

Yoonjo just waved back as she put her History books back into her backpack, zipping it. She slung her backpack on her shoulders and walked out of class, grumbling,

"Today would be another tiring day.."

"Good afternoon, aunty! Am I late?" Yoonjo rushed towards her aunt and panted softly, holding onto her knees.

The boutique was crowded with people going to fitting rooms and the mannequins, which made Yoonjo hard to breathe.

Her aunt just curved her lips into a wide smile and shook her head, patting Yoonjo's shoulder.

"Oh no, you're not, my dear! You have to take care of the counter for me as always since I have lots of customers to take care of. Toodles!"

Yoonjo nodded her head and went towards the counter, doing her usual work. She sometimes rubbed her eyes as she felt sleepy throughout the afternoon.

She began to look at the streets and there was this guy, looking at her. He gave her a ten-inch smile and a playful wink before continuing his walk.

Her cheeks were like two ripe tomatoes, her heart was beating faster than adrenaline, her hands were trembling — she didn't know what was really happening.

"Ugh, don't stare at him!" Yoonjo mentally scolded herself, turning her gaze away from the guy. She continued serving the customers as she began to think of the scene.

What was that guy up to anyway? But the naïve girl just shook the thought off her head.

"Here's today's salary, Yoonjo. Thank you for helping me! You can take a rest tomorrow since I see that you're very tired. Just now, your cheeks flushed, is something wrong?"

Yoonjo's aunt blinked her eyes and scratched her head, looking at the ginger-haired.

Yoonjo just let out a soft laugh as she took a brown envelope (which contained her salary) and shook her head, trying to reassure her aunt that everyone was fine.

"Ah, it's nothing, aunty! I could work tomorrow, you don't have to worry about me. I'm sure that I could get eight hours of sleep tonight."

"Okay then, if you say so. Do you want me to send you home? I could ask my other workers to take care of the store for me."

"It's alright, I'm used to getting a taxi. I should go home now, mom would be worried. Thanks a lot, aunty!" 

Yoonjo gave a slight bow at her aunt before leaving the boutique as she ran towards a nearby taxi stand, accidentally bumping into someone. 

"Aish, I'm too clumsy!" Yoonjo mentally scolded herself again and straightened her body posture, bowing deeply.

"I'm very sorry for my clumsiness! Sir, are you okay?"

Yoonjo began to examine the person from head to toe and gulped into — that was the guy who gave a smile and winked at her at the boutique just now!

Oh my gosh, it was that guy! He would notice me from the boutique, what should I do? I'm—

Yoonjo snapped out of her thoughts as the guy patted Yoonjo's shoulder, accepting the girl's apology.

"Miss, it's okay and say, you were that girl from the boutique — oops, I better go! Goodbye, cutie!"

He left Yoonjo in a daze once again, just with that playful wink of his. She wondered, why would that guy do the same things to her?

That question remained in her mind as she waited for a taxi at the taxi stand. Also, the guy's face, actions and words never left her mind either — what on Earth was happening?

Author's Sticky Note:

Yay, I decided to post this short and crappy chapter since I had too much BaekJo feels, argh. Anyway, I hope this chapter doesn't and do subscribe and leave a comment! I'll update again tomorrow since I won't go to school. Till then, enjoy this chapter for awhile!