I Will Follow You Till The End

I Will Follow You Till The End

I could have save him. I could, but I was too late.

No matter how fast I tried to run towards him, it wasn't fast enough. I watched with my own two eyes as the car screeched, smashing into the side of his body. He went flying, landing a few feet away in a pool of blood. The driver didn't even stop to check on him, instead, he speed up, driving away immediately to escape from the scene. That bastard. How I wish I could kill him.

I stumbled forward, before I picked up my pace and dropped onto my knees beside him. Blood dripped down his forehead where he hit his head against the road, tainting his handsome face in a shade of crimson red. Black orbs fluttered open as he cupped my face with a weak hand, a smile on his face as he spoke, gasping for air every few seconds.

"Don't cry... I'm sorry for...leaving you... But... I... Love you..."

His hand went limp, dropping to his side as he took his last breath. His eyes slid closed, and he was gone. Just like that. He left me just like that. My tears began to fall even harder, but no matter how much I cry, he would not come back to life ever again. All I could do, was to cradle his broken body in my arms, and cry.




That was a week ago.

Now I stood in front of his grave, placing a beautiful red rose that symbolized our love on top of it. I could not longer shed any tears, for it had all dried up. I felt so empty, so hollow, without him by my side, I wasn't complete. There wouldn't be another man in the world whom I could love again. I only love him, him and only him alone. There was only one thing I could do to get rid of this loneliness forever.

I got into my car and began to drive. Once reaching my destination, I stepped out. I could feel the wind blowing against my face, my locks of soft hair fluttering behind me in a gentle wave. I stepped further out, and closed my eyes. Somehow, I could feel a presence around me, as though someone had wrapped their arms around me in a protective embrace. I didn't know whether was it my imagination, but I heard a voice, pleading me.

                                                                                           Don't do it... Please... You can't...

It sounded just like him, even the embrace, it felt like it was him around me. I placed my hand on my shoulder where his hand would usually be at, and just take in the scent of nature around me. The embrace seemed to tighter when I took another step out, trying to prevent me from walking any further. I shook my head, what I thought had dried up within me began to fall down my face once again.

"I'm sorry... But I can't live without you... I can't... Forgive me, but I'm coming after you..."

Without a second word, I moved forward, walking right off the edge of the cliff...and fell.