Fin

This Silence Kills

 

"I'm tired."

Chanyeol muttered out when he woke up from his sleep on that particularly cold morning. Kris caught that as his ear twitched to Chanyeol's husky voice. He slowly rolled on his side and Chanyeol's back appeared in his view. His hand landed on the back of Chanyeol's wifebeater, tugging it softly. Chanyeol's hand reached to the back and touched his to release the soft grip on his wrinkled top.

"Kris, give me time to think..." Chanyeol lowered his head and stared at the floor beneath his feet. He wouldn't turn his head to see Kris's teary eyes. The older man tried so hard to stop himself from thinking for the worst. He could feel Kris moved in their bed, struggling to get up from his lying position. As Kris's hand came to touch Chanyeol on his shoulder, the male quickly got up and headed to their bathroom, leaving Kris in misery.

 

 

The breakfast filled with ghostly silent. Only the sound of stainless steel chopstick hitting the surface of porcelain bowl can be heard. Chanyeol stopped his urge to look at Kris's pinkish nose as the male slowly blew at the smoky cup of coffee and sipped it bit by bit.

Lack of emotion on Kris's face sent him to a total insane. If that stoic face was the face that made him fall head over heel years ago, now it's no more an adoration. He felt like a log whenever he's in front of Kris, the male wouldn't look into his eyes and when their eyes met, Kris quickly turned away and would pretend to look at the surrounding.

Chanyeol left the dining table without touching his food, again.

 

For the countless times.

 

Kris sighed and his eyes followed every steps Chanyeol made into their shared bedroom.

 

Kris is so silent.

Eerily quiet.

He's almost mute.

 

He's a hermit - he was just too shy to talk. But a glimpse of talkative Chanyeol made his heart grew fonder towards the lad back in high school. He was so glad that Chanyeol took the first move to talk with him though he knew Kris didn't talk much for Pete's sake. Deep inside his heart, he loved listening to Chanyeol's deep voice; his laugh, his grunt and even his snort. Chanyeol can talk about everything to Kris but Kris could never replied back because he'd blush all over. He'd rather show what he's feeling through his action and body language. Rather than saying 'I love you', he'd give a peck or kiss on Chanyeol's plump lips. He showed his love to Chanyeol in every possible way with his body but talking was really not his thing. 

 

 

That bedroom once felt so warm but now, coldness and darkness shrouded it like dark clouds covering the sun. Someone might shiver if they step into that room. Like a ghost, Chanyeol wandered around and sometimes he sat on the bed, his mind recalling back all the times they had spent on that king-sized bed. Softly, he rubbed his palm against the smooth material of the Egyptian cotton. He obeyed Kris's wish not to put sheet in any colour other than white. So, for these five long years, it only cladded in pure white sheet that Chanyeol would miss like never before.

He can barely count how many times he washed the sheet in the last two years. If on their first year of marriage he washed it every time (like hundred times) they had on it, now it only used to cover the bed for them to sleep.

Lately, the barely warm their bodies. He would stop when Kris bit down his own moan that his spouse had longed to hear. He would stop when Kris couldn't reply back the 'I love you' he whispered to his ear and as always Kris would pull him into a deep kiss. Kris never explained why he did that even when Chanyeol persists. He felt like an whenever he left Kris to finish himself and Chanyeol would cry his eyes out under the cold shower, spilling everything he held inside throughtout their love-making, it was all because of Kris's coldness.

 

Enough of the painful flashback, he left the bed and pulled out his luggage from the closet and set it on their bed. With trembling hands, he grabbed everything he owned into the luggage until one hand touched the back of his hand as if that could stop him from doing what he should have done years ago. He wished he never knew that cold city man, he wished he never get married to that quiet man if only he knows it would break his heart into a million pieces five years later. He felt like stupid for knowing Kris but love is blind. People could never guess how their soulmates would look like. How he wished he could turn back time but every time he had spent with Kris left him a huge scar on his heart that he could never erased. Surprisingly, he cherished every memories like he cherished Kris in every footsteps they made this far.

But still, Kris's silence is killing him inside out. He couldn't stand it anymore. It's not like he's mute. He's just like a wandering soul, he only let out a breath and mouth something that he couldn't let out his voice for. Too much silent and Chanyeol hated it. 

"Kris, try to understand my feeling. Try to walk in my shoes. I can't live like this anymore. Arghhh...There's no use of talking to you, you won't reply though and you wouldn't understand anything that I'd like to say..." Chanyeol grabbed his things like a thunderbolt. In no time, his luggage is filled, overly filled. Kris even helped him like a fool to arrange his things neatly to accommodate more of his clothes into it but eventually, the clothes Kris rolled fell off from the luggage onto the bed.

"Kris, stop it! You only make things even worse!" Kris startled and he looked up only to see a stream of tears fell on Chanyeol's cheeks. The male slumped down in front of him like a broken toy and cried miserably.

"I just want you to talk! That's all! I don't want anything other than your voice! I just want to hear you say 'I love you' to me like you used to. Like old times, I want it all back! Kris, stop acting like a fool. It kills me! If you want a divorce, just tell me. Don't hold it in. I know you wanted it all this time. You're tired of me. You can't stand the noises I make. It's too much for your silent..."

Chanyeol gathered all his strength to stand up and leave Kris's sight with a heavy luggage in his hand. Just one more step before he left Kris by himself in the quiet bedroom, a hand grasped his thin wrist and it stopped him from taking any step further.

"D-don't go...Just stay, Yeollie." Chanyeol's heart fluttered from the hoarse voice Kris finally uttered out from his chapped lips. With a smile, he turned around and wrapped himself in the warm embrace of the equally tall man. Kris's heart thumping like crazy inside his body and Chanyeol could feel the heart beating fast against his chest.

"I love you..." Kris whispered to his ear and tightened his embrace around Chanyeol's waist that the male almost suffocated from it. When their lips met, Kris secretly smiled as Chanyeol whispered 'me too' against his lips.

 

 

END