01

Rose of Bleu de France

Rose of Bleu de France

She was a dancer, moving quickly but elegantly from streetlight to streetlight. Was she really the one? - Hyuna x Daehyun (AU)

-

She loved to dance as a little girl. We used to fake performances- she would dance around on the bed while I sang into a ladle that I had stolen from my mother. Our parents were always in front of us, clapping as we finished our performances. We would write songs- silly songs that were meant for young children. The lyrics were incredibly nonsensical, and the tunes were all over the place. Honestly, they looked more like scribbles than notes now that I’m looking at it.

Still, I could not help but laugh at the meanings. Little Bo Peep had found her little sheep- the tails were made of edible cotton candy too. Little Red Riding Hood had visited her grandmother- and the wolf offered her a seat in the house with her grandmother alive. Cinderella without the glass shoe, she met the prince as a maid and they fell in love.

We even acted the last one out. She was the maid, I was the prince. Her friends pretended to be the step-sisters and step-mother. Our parents were… amused to say the least. All the way, they were probably laughing at our terrible acting abilities, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.

Though, did I fall for her?

-

I flinched when I felt someone jump onto my back. I twisted my head to see my little brother smiling back at me, his grin almost touching each of his ears. I could not help but chuckle when I saw his ‘girlfriend’ trail behind him, hands in her pockets and earphone plugged in. My little brother got off my back –thank goodness as he was heavy- and bounced around while waiting for his girlfriend to arrive.

She walked right pass us as she was looking at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. Well, the cracks could make up patterns if one would look close enough. Though, that was not what she was paying attention to it seemed. She was looking at her shoes instead.

He pulled her back when he noticed that she was walking pass us. She finally looked at him and then glanced at me. I shrugged and looked at my little brother as he slapped her elbows so she would remove them from her pockets. Reluctantly, she lowered her hands and placed them at her sides- all the while glaring at him. They then proceeded to argue in a mix of Korean, English and some other language that I don’t understand.

Shrugging again, I walked away from the pair and started on my way home. It was absolutely none of my business so I don’t see why I should dig my nose into it. Plus, if I stayed, they would tell me to pick a side.

If I sided with my little brother, she would throw a hissy fit and hold the grudge for a long time. My little brother knows that he could not possibly even come up with the thought of leaving her, so their argument would be pointless. Or she could potentially max out my debit card when she goes online shopping.

But if I sided with her, my little brother would throw this silent tantrum while pouting. She would be gloating and bragging to him about how his older brother sided with her and then I would have to answer to his silly questions and I don’t want to. And since all of them are accusations and he just brings up little matters from the past, I would not waste my time on it.

So either way, I was going to be in trouble. It was best to not stick my nose where it should not be and just stick to my own business.

 

I'm sure you guys expected more than this and I'm sorry. I have a lot more written out, I swear but I just can't wait to publish this little piece. It was supposed to be a long one-shot but I guess I'll split it into different little parts so I can update faster. And don't worry about Daehyun's little brother and his 'girlfriend', they won't have a major part in this story unless you want to see more of them- in that case, I'm not that far into it yet and I can probably add some little tidbits for you! Of course, this is a DaehyunA story and trust me, Hyuna will be introduced soon enough. I think... She's currently in a different country so, you have to wait for a while.