Perfect Morning

Perfect Morning

You open your eyes, immediately smelling the fresh scent of clean blankets and pillows. The bright sunshine hits your delicate face and you hear the beautiful melody of singing birds outside. You take a deep breathe in relaxation.

"This.. is paradise...", you say with your arms cradling your head on the pillow.

Not wanting to get up from the warmth of the bed, you cuddle and wrap yourself with the soft white blanket, and hide your face into the pillow.

Suddenly, you realize that something is missing...someone. 

You shoot up from the bed in panic. Your heart starts beating loud and fast. Noticing yourself in just your underclothes, you reach for something to cover yourself in and find a light blue dress shirt. You're hair is in a crazy mess but you don't time to touch up on your appearance. You open the door and run through the hallway while buttoning up the shirt as fast as you can. You take a turn to the right, holding on the the corner of the wall to save you from slipping and sliding.

Your eyes come upon a man. His short, black hair reflects against the beating sunlight that comes through the glass window. With one hand in his pocket, and the other resting on the window sill, he looks out into the distance, wondering what he will do today. Excited, or maybe even concerned, of his future.

Your worried expression immediately turns into a smile of relief. Your troubled heart is no longer thumping rapidly.

"He's right there...", you say in your mind.

As if sensing your presence, he turns around.

"Sleep well last night?" he says in a quiet voice. He walks towards to you with a gummy, but glad smile.

You just smile back with a small giggle in reply. He reaches for your waist and brings you closer to him. You wrap your arms around his neck. His face comes close to yours that your noses are touching. Finally, he places a gentle kiss onto your lips and in a loud whisper he says in your ear,

"This couldn't get any better."

-THE END-