I Love You

What Am I To You

The cool night wind bit at her cheeks but she didn’t care. She needed to be alone. She walked the sidewalks aimlessly. She knew it was dangerous, especially since she was a women and it was late. As she was walking her mind started drifting to a certain boy, who’s been on her mind since they met. She started to reminisce about how their relationship began. It all started when she won her first music award for her solo…


“And the winner is Cl! Congratulations!” The MC announced as Chaerin was handed her award.

Surprise was evident on her face when they announced her the winner but happiness soon overcame her. She gave her speech thanking everybody that needed thanking. Soon her song the baddest female came on for her encore, but when she turned around she saw one of her hoobaes dancing to it. A smile graced her features when she saw this and pointed him out while she herself kept dancing. Shock was written on his face, but let her continue her encore stage as he walked away and joined his group members with a huge smile plastered on his face.

Later after her encore stage finished she ran into him, along with his group members. He introduced himself as Tao from Exo, and she introduced herself as CL from 2NE1. He was very nervous considering he was talking to his sunbae. She found that kind of cute but overall he was very pleasant and very easy to talk to, so she asked if she could see his phone. He happily obliged but was confused as to why she would need his phone. She returned it to him and told him to look in his contacts. She bid him farewell, while he looked through his contacts, and found her name in it. He was so going to brag about this to s. 


A couple weeks passed but still no call from Tao, not even a text has been sent to her. Chaerin started to get bothered by it and started to lose focus because her mind kept wondering on to him. One night during practice, Chaerin kept checking her phone, but all her phone read was no new messages.

“Chae what’s wrong?” Dara asked as she walked over to Chaerin to check up on her.

“Nothing unni just checking my phone for the time,” Chaerin lied as she forced a smile onto her face to hide the disappointment.

“Well okay but we have to get back to practice so we can go back home and eat. You know how Bom is when she hasn’t had her corn”

“Oh man I don’t want a raging Bom from being food deprived, come on!” 


That night after Chaerin got out of the shower, her phone rang indicating a new text message. It was from Tao and it said, “I’m sorry I’m texting you this late. I’ve been busy and I was too nervous to text you.”

Chaerin completely forgot about her anger towards him for not texting her and her anger was soon replaced with happiness. But she couldn’t let him know that and replied with a simple “that’s okay”. She wanted to put more but sleep soon overcame her as she waited for a reply.

The next morning, she awoke to a new message from Tao asking if she wanted to meet with him in a secluded café tonight, but if she didn’t that was totally okay with him. She was more than happy to since today was her day off and she told him where to meet her at and what disguise she’ll be wearing. He instantly replied with a okay.

When she arrived at the café Tao was already there. He called her over and she  sat down in front of him. It was a bit awkward at first until Chaerin asked him to tell her about himself. She learned that he’s Chinese, younger than her, likes Gucci, does wushu, and is surprisingly cute considering his height and his charismatic stage performances. So then Chaerin told her about himself, and along the way the awkwardness slowly melted away.

They started to joke around, giving nicknames to each other. Chaerin as cat, and Tao as panda. They then hen talked about their lives as idols. This went on for another couple of hours, until it was late at night and they had to bid each other farewell, but they promised to text one another regularly. 


After their meeting at the café, they gradually became closer and closer in their relationship. They would even call sometimes at night. Though their members started to become suspicious after they started their late night phone calls, and they told their members about how they met. They couldn’t believe it at first but then became really nosy and wanted all the details about the other person, if they’re dating, and what they’ve been doing.  But they were just friend, nothing more, nothing less. 


When July came around the corner, 2NE1 started their recording for their new single falling in love. Chaerin was going over her part but when she was reading over her lyrics Tao came into her mind. She tried to focus on the lyrics but the more she did the more she kept thinking about Tao. Even while she was recording she kept thinking about him.  

When Chaerin was going to bed she stared out at the cool night sky looking at the full moon thinking over about what happened today. Why did she think about Tao when she read those lyrics? Why did she keep thinking about him all day? And why did she get so nervous when talking to him on the phone tonight? 

“Do I love him?’ Chaerin whispered to herself. After contemplating things over she looked at the full moon and confessed saying she did. Lee Chaerin was in love with Tao. But she couldn’t tell him. It will ruin their friendship and they are BOTH idols. She’ll just have to keep her heart locked away.


So she continued to meet up with him at the café and talk to him over the phone, and not act any different than she normally would, except now her heart would beat faster whenever she saw him and when he smiled, oh those smiles could melt her right on the spot. Though every now and a then Tao would bring up his SNSD. Talking about how good they are to him, and how he thinks Chaerin would get along with them. But every time Chaerin would hear about them she clenched her fists. Yes she was jealous but what right did she have to be jealous? She wasn’t dating him, they were just friends…

That night when Tao and Chaerin were having their scheduled late night chats, she told him she wanted to meet him tomorrow at the café, she had something she needed to tell him in person. Tao also wanted to tell her something in person so they said their goodnights and hung up. Yes, Chaerin was going to confess. She needed to tell him otherwise this friendship wasn’t going to last if she couldn’t get this off her chest knowing there could’ve been something. 


While Chaerin was walking down to the café, she spotted Tao but he was holding a girl’s hand. They were laughing and smiling. They even kissed before entering the café together. Chaerin felt herself go numb and it wasn’t from the cold weather. She let out a bitter laugh before tears started to prickle her eyes. She texted Tao that she couldn’t be there due to practice. He replied with an I understand and that he’ll tell her over the phone what he was going to say in person tonight. Chaerin walked back to the dorm holding in her tears until she was in the safety of her room before letting it all out. She wished she hadn’t gotten her hopes up, and that of course someone as handsome as Tao would already have someone. Why couldn’t he see her heart? Her phone started to buzz. A call from Tao. She turned off her phone, grabbed her jacket and went out for a walk in the cold night. 


So here's my first fanfic! Please comment I handle criticism well