prologue

One More Chance

It’s funny how when people are in love, they will toss away all of their rationalities. Some of them are impeccable in many ways. Successful, driven, and intelligent, you tell me. Yet somehow, regardless of all this, they wilfully throw the blindfold over their eyes and hopelessly fall into the arms of another.

 

It was no different for this couple but who would’ve guess how long they would last. Kim Jaejoong, a healthy 25 years old guy, who pursued his dream to be a psychiatrist, was bound to meet Jung Yunho who is a well-known novelist for all his writing was top sellers in South Korea.

 

Jaejoong once wondered what it’s like to have someone fall for him. And he mean really fall for him. Not just they want to get in his pants because they think he’s attractive. But be consumed with every little piece of him. The way he talks, the way he laughs, the way he just exists. How beautiful would it be to find someone who’s in love with him.

 

- - -

 

“It just wastes time.”

 

“Now you think I’m stupid!”

 

“You know that we don’t think that, Mr. Kim.”

 

“You don’t say it but I know you’re thinking of it.”

 

A vase broken into many pieces was next to Jaejoong. In his grasp were freshly plucked white calla lilies. There were a bunch of photographs of a happy couple scattered on the floor. Most of photos were taken with smiles plastered across their face, but the attempt of talking Jaejoong down was certainly not said with smiles.

 

“You shouldn’t kill yourself because somewhere someone’s out there fighting for their lives right now,” the officer in a blue uniform said with a low sigh. “Think about it. I’m sure your beloved one doesn’t want you to kill yourself.”

 

Jaejoong felt empty, as if his insides had been torn out of him. The only thing that remained was his slow heart beat to remind him that he was still breathing; and he hated it. He hated every moment of it. He ached all over, and there wasn't anything he’d rather do than drop dead right there. Jaejoong wanted an escape; he wanted an end to this everlasting nightmare.

 

“But he doesn’t love me anymore … what’s left for me anymore,” he whispered which left the officer rather speechless.

 

Down there; polices, firemen were everywhere, ready for the fall with a large air mattress on the middle. It was an hour before when a pedestrian had reported the attempt of suicide in 6th Street. Jaejoong wanted to stop the pain. He wanted to jump. And he did just that.

 

- - -

 

A/N: prologue updated (10/12/14)

prologue updated again (15/12/14)