Chapter 3

Regretful Wish
Please log in to read the full chapter

In the morning

It was 6:30 when I woke up. I knew today would be one of our long days; we had full time dance practice and vocal training as usual. I got up; made my bed for not wanting N-Omma nagging me later if I didn’t and woke Wonshik hyung up. I went out to brush up in a bathroom next to my bedroom.

“Oh!! Sorry, hyung. I haven’t seen you.” I almost bumped in Taekwoon hyung who was walking to the kitchen.

“Umm..” He just hummed back while rushing to the kitchen, so I continued to the bathroom to do my business.

 

When I came out, Jeahwan hyung and Hongbin hyung were sitting in the living room, chatting and joking to each other like they hadn’t met for a long time. I joined with them.

“Morning, hyung. What are you doing?” I greeted.

“Morning, nothing much, just talking. You woke Wonshik up, yet? We will go out at 8, he should be ready before breakfast.” Hongbin hyung said while patting the space beside him signals me to sit there which I willingly comply. We sat there and talked on random stuff to kill time, waiting for breakfast.

It was 7 o’clock when Wonshik hyung came to join us. Now everyone was in the living room, Taekwoon hyung was walking back and forth between kitchen and bedroom for several times, and I just noticed that our annoying leader wasn’t here with us.

“Hyung, where’s Omma? He’s still sleeping?” I asked Hongbin hyung out of my curiosity.

“Kind of, he’s in bed when I woke up.” He answered.

I thought that was strange because he normally woke up before us.

“Hongbin-ah, Hyuk-ah, come here, breakfast is ready.” Taekwoon hyung called us from the kitchen, we’d better go now.

“You two set the table for breakfast and call the others too.” He ordered and then walked off to the bedroom.

 

We set the table and called Jaehwan hyung and Wonshik hyung to have breakfast. We were about to eat when the bedroom’s door was opened and Taekwoon hyung came out with Hakyeon hyung coughing softly walking behind him.

“Omma, you have a cold?” I almost wanted to bite my tongue off for asking the obvious thing I’d already known, just to get an annoying answer back.

“Oww… my cute maknae is worrying about me. Kawaii!” He said and rushed to me to pinch my cheeks, so I pushed him off and walked to sit beside Hongbin hyung.

He chuckled then said, “Last night, someone might turn off the boiler, so I had to shower in cold water, nearly freeze to death. And silly me for not drying my hair properly before I went to bed, so yeah, I catch a cold a bit.”

Taekwoon walked in with a bowl and a bottle in his hand. “Here, have some soup and take some cough reliever pills, too.”

“Thanks for the soup but I don’t take that pill; it makes me feel sleepy till I can’t do anything.” He refused.

“But… are you sure you’re okay for the practice today?” Taekwoon hyung asked worriedly.

“I’m okay without that pill, it’s just coughing. It’ll be alright. Now let’s have breakfast.”  Hakyeon hyung said cheeringly.

So we stared having breakfast together. Laughter filled the table as always, but today, a slightly coughing could be heard here and there, too. We all got worried, but he still assured that he was fine, just coughing, it would go away in a day or so.

We had finished our breakfast, so Hongbin hyung and I cleaned the table and put the dishes in a sink before all of us went to practice at our company with our manager.

Please log in to read the full chapter