Chapter One.

The Queen of Hearts

“The whole damn world hates me.”

“Shut up.” He stated in a monotone voice. He was slowly losing it as the seconds ticked on.  

“My German isn’t the best you know.”

“Shut up.” He repeated.

“You couldn’t ask Xiumin or Tao, or even Kris, well I know why you didn’t ask Kris, but still...”

“Really Chen. I’m half a second away from kicking your back to China.”

“I’m hoping you will Luhan because that’s where I want to be.” Chen replied with a satisfied smile. He was purposely trying to piss off Luhan. It wasn’t like he enjoyed being a troll, well yes he did, but that wasn’t the point.

Luhan was on the blink of a major breakdown. Chen knows what happens when Luhan breaks down. Total catastrophic war, anyone and anything that stood in Luhan’s way was blasted into ashes.

Chen’s current job, according to Kris, was to keep Mr. I’m-going-to-torture-you-until-you’re-so-disfigured-your-family-won’t-recongize-you from sending the world into the Third World War. It was easier said than done in Chen’s opinion.

“Are you sure they’re here?” He asked. Chen wasn’t entirely sure that they were going to show. The fact that was Luhan who was asking for help might make them step out from the shadows long enough to offer some useful information.

Information was critical right now, especially with Luhan playing hide and seek, and the whole damn world was his seeking ground.

“Let’s say you find her….let’s say Lay was right, that the woman in the camera was her…what then? It’s been two years. People change Lu, including her.” Chen commented softly knowing he was treading on tedious water.

“Can we not have this conversation now?” Luhan asked, huffing out air as he ran his fingers through his brown locks.

“When can we have this conversation then? I know I act like I don’t give a , and honestly sometimes I don’t, but other times I do. I know you, and I know you’re not ready to face her. There’s too much history between you two and-“

“There’s always history between people Jongdae, that doesn’t mean you can’t build from those mistakes.” Luhan cut in. Chen flinched back when Luhan mentioned his real name. Chen knew better than to test Luhan when Luhan just used his real name.

Chen was about to rebut back, but the sudden change in the air made him stop himself. They were no longer alone.

“Finally, late as usual. You think they picked up a few of their tricks from Kris?” Chen questioned with a breezy voice. He could almost see the smirk on Luhan’s face.

“You two are so loud all of Berlin can hear you by now,” A sugary sweet voice called out. Her voice was delicately lace in poison and steel, and you can clearly hear the hint of amusement in her tone.

“You’re late.” Luhan called out in all seriousness.

“Why so serious Lulu!” Another voice called out. Luhan rolled his eyes at the old pet name he hadn’t heard in over a year.

“Ignore them.” The third voice chirmed in as she stepped out from the thick, dark shadows. A soft smile was on her face and Luhan felt content when he saw her. Among the three of them he always felt most comfortable with her. She was his favorite noona.

“Raina.” .

“Luhan, Chen, god its felt like ages.” She smiled before pulling them both into a hug. The two males weren’t used to physical affection, well at least not this kind. Big bear hugs were only given by Raina, and even after all these years they weren’t used to her motherly charms.

“Your hair is back to black, too bad, I was hoping for all blondes, where are those other two, I missed Charlie’s Angels.” Chen joked. Raina scowled at him, but said nothing, knowing the man was only joking.

“Oh you too Chen.” Lizzy blazed as she and Nana walked towards them.

It was like old times, jokes were passed, insults were made, and for a short while it felt like they weren’t famous assassins but just old acquaintances.

“What do you need? I know you, and you don’t travel all the way across the eastern hemisphere for nothing.” Raina asked. Luhan gulped and noticed the challenging look Chen threw at him before Luhan turned towards Nana.

“You’re the Hunter.” He spoke and Nana completely understood. She was famous in the underground for finding people, hence the nickname “Hunter.”

“Who do you need me to find?” She asked curiously.

Luhan inhaled and then exhaled deeply before answering. He was nervous because he knew Nana was probably going to kick his back to China after he answered, scared because he didn’t know what to do if they did find her, frustrated because he couldn’t be more of a man about all this, angry because guilt and regret were eating him up. Every single emotion he’s ever felt were circulating inside him right now.

“The Queen of Hearts.”

-----

Haneul sat along the edge of the water staring at the vast blue sea in front of her. A soft smile gazed onto her face as she remembered her years growing up. She remembered walking down the beach in her father’s arms, her mother’s cheerful voice, and the never creasing smile on her face.

Those memories were from many years ago but she had learned to cherish those memories.

She stepped out onto the sand, loving how the warm sand tickled her bare feet. The wind was light, just barely blowing her black hair, the sun shined down on her, warming her flesh. She gleamed in delight.

“I knew I’ll find you here.”

Haneul smiled when she heard his voice, “Of course you would. Where else would I be?”

He didn’t reply after that and she was content with that. She continued to soak her feet in the sand underneath her, losing herself in her inner child.

“You look happy.”

“Do I?” She questioned raising an amused brow at him.

“Of course, I know you best, and I know when you’re happy.” He replied. Haneul chuckled. He was right about knowing that she was happy, she was happy. He was also wrong, because he didn’t know her best. Sure he knew her, he’s been with her for the last year, but he didn’t know her like how Luhan knew her.

She quickly brushed the thoughts of a certain Chinese man with doe-like eyes out of her mind.

She turned towards him and with a soft smile she spoke, “Of course you do, you’re my husband.” She reminded. Inside however she felt a stab in her heart. She’s felt like this ever since the day she left.

 

 

 

----------------

Updated! Yeah! I was waiting for DM to finish before I update but then I started writing, and oh well, here's the first chapter. Like said before I will introduced more female characters, and because I am a hug Playgirlz I couldn't stay away from After School, I just picked Nana, Raina, and Lizzy because it's Orange Caramel and it's easier that way. I know, its the first chapter and it's kind of boring, but I really wanted a mellow chapter to start with before strings start unraveling.