Chapter 1: 1st Concert

Romantic [Re-Up]

They were on the middle of an outfit change; it was their first concert ever. The emotions going through their minds were incredible. Key was debating himself whether if the tears on his eyes were from happiness or sadness. It had been a tough year for them, the comeback, the long rehearsals and who could forget the scandal. Jonghyun’s scandal, that put the group on the verge of disbandment. In the end somehow everything fell into place, except his heart. Key was the diva, the star, but Kibum the real person had hurt a lot. Kibum’s relationship with Jonghyun was always pretty close; they were always there for each other, so when Jonghyun started dating behind his back it really hurt him. It hurt that he had to find out through the newspapers just like everyone else.

Even through all of this they had made it. Key smiled at his reflection on the mirror and fixed his hair, they were about to go on stage when Key felt something or someone had pulled him with a lot of strength. Suddenly everything was dark…

“What the…” Key was cut of just when he was about to ask what was going on.

“I need to talk to you” Key heard Jonghyun’s voice.

“What…Jonghyun?! What are you doing? We’re about go on stage, what could you possibly talk about now?” Key asked wandering what all of this was about, since they were standing in the middle of a storage room.

“Key please just listen…I need to tell you something, I need to get this of my chest ‘cause if I don’t I’ll probably go crazy... So just listen” Jonghyun said sounding a bit desperate. It was hard for Key to make out his face, but he could sense how anguish he was.

“Okay, okay, I’ll listen” silence filled the room and Key could hear the voices coming form the other side of the door asking where they were. “Well…Jonghyun, you need to hurry ‘cause we’re about to go on stage” now Key was beginning to feel anxious too.

"Okay…Key…” he took a deep breath. “Key, I love you" Jonghyun simply said. “I am in love with you” Key heard him say again.

Silence filled the room for a couple of seconds, which to Key felt like hours. He couldn't believe what he was hearing 'Jonghyun in love with me'. He felt a knot tied on his stomach, he also felt the earth shaking, along with the desire to vomit his last meal.  Key thought he was dreaming that was until Jonghyun's voice brought him back to reality, his tried really hard to make out the other’s expression, he needed to see it.

"I know this sounds crazy, and that just weeks ago I was dating Se Kyung, but... I miss you. I miss spending time with you, I miss how we used to talk about stupid things, and we used to wear matching t-shirts, I miss your eyes on me all the time, but what miss the most is those times when you used to sneak in my room, "because you were sick of 2min loving" and you would go to sleep by my side” his voice cranked. “You know, sometimes I waited until you fell as sleep and I would stayed up all night watching you sleep, because to me Key, you're beautiful in so many ways" Jonghyun finish with which seem like his last breath.

Key, who felt like he was about burst into tears at any moment, stood there, ‘How could this be happening?’ ‘Why now?’ ‘In the middle of their 1st concert’ ‘Has Jonghyun lost his mind?’ was all Key could think.

Key had been in love with Jonghyun since their trainee days, at first he thought he felt admiration for the older; after all he was the most talented of the group, but as he grew, so did his love and desire for Jonghyun, his best friend. It was hard for Key to push those feelings aside, since he was practically, he had nobody on whom to confide his problems and it wasn’t something he felt like sharing with just anybody. With the passing years and Jonghyun’s relationship with Se Kyung, he had made his mind, that what fans called ‘Jongkey’ was never going to happen and that he should just move on. Yet, here in Japan, miles away from home was Jonghyun pouring his heart to him… ‘What possible could he say’

“Jonghyun…I…How can I believe you…Just 3 weeks ago you were dating Se Kyung, I mean…are you sure you’re not just lonely?” Key nervously, like trying to protect himself, and he was. Key loved him and too much, it took him too much to bury those feelings away and if this was just Jonghyun being confused, it would break him, and he had suffered enough.

“I’m not lonely, I’m not confused and I’m not crazy. Being with Se Kyung made me realize how much you mean to me. When I started to spend time with her, I started to miss you like crazy, when I touched her, it didn’t felt like when touched you and once I kissed her and started wandering how would it feel to kiss you” and just like Key wanted to see Jonghyun’s sincerity in the middle of that storage room, all Jonghyun wanted was that Key could see how honest he was being too.

Key, although felt like he was missing air, everything was spinning and this damn butterflies in my stomach!!He felt the urge to run, he needed to get out of there, before his emotions got the best of him and before he did something he would later regret.

“Jonghyun you have no idea how much I’ve wander how would it feel to kiss you, to touch you. You have no idea…how much…how much I love you” Key said, being unable to hold his words and at the same time still trying to hold back the tears “but we’re about to go on stage, and I need to think about…everything. Let’s go before the other come looking for us.” Out! Out! Get out now.

With that, Key started to make his way to the door, trying to keep his feet from running.

“Key” Jonghyun called in a almost, kind of, whisper.

“Just…give me time, please.” Key said with his back still in Jonghyun’s view, he took a deep breath and after that the door close behind him.         

Leaving a broken Jonghyun behind, he loved Key and a part of him always knew it, but another part of him felt ashamed for it. It took Jonghyun a lot to finally admit to himself the feelings he had kept inside for so long, he owed most part to Se Kyung. She had been so sweet and understanding, yet he couldn’t help feeling like he had wronged her.

Flashback

Something was off, he felt it since the minute she walked through the door, but he tried to shake away the bad feeling growing inside of him. They had dinner and for a while it began to feel right again, yet she pushed him. Right in the middle of the kiss, she ahd pushed him.

“I think we should talk” she said as moved to sit on the couch, dropping her bag to the side.

“What’s wrong? You’ve been out of yourself all night” he asked and sat next to her. “Are you feeling sick?” he asked and reached to touch her forehead, but she pushed his way before he could.

“No, my health is fine” she said and looked at him. “But we’re not, right?” she asked.

“We’re not?” he asked back clueless. “You’re the one acting weird” he said.

“Don’t play dumb with my Jonghyun, you know what I’m talking about” she softly, because in reality she wasn’t mad, she just wanted to know Jonghyun’s real feelings.

“I do?” he asked again, but he saw the disappointment face she made and he was defeated. “I do” he finally confessed. “But Se Kyung I wanna be with you” he took her hands in his and squeeze them.

“No you don’t, not really” she argued and removed her hands from Jonghyun’s.

“I do, please-”

“God!” she stood from the couch and faced him. “Why are you doing this to yourself, to him? I saw how broken he was, and how broken you were because it killed you seeing him like that” she let out a sight and kneeled before him, now it was her who took Jonghyun’s hands. “I’m not mad, I’m not hurt, but I am sad, because I know you are a good person, but, Jonghyun, loving doesn’t make you a bad and that’s what you think” she cupped his cheek.

“I’m scared and I’m afraid it would hurt the group, also my parents…” he said with his voice breaking.

“What about them? This is your life, you need to stop being so afraid or you will eventually lose him” she said.

After some more talking she left, she was no longer his girlfriend, she was now his friend and he couldn’t ask for a greater one.

End of Flashback

Key love him, he knew that much, ‘but what now?’. He needed to find a way to make his feeling reach Key. Jonghyun composed himself and made his way to were his band mates were standing, the staff quickly started arranging mics and hair, when Jonghyun had an idea, he thought of a way to make his feeling reach him.

“Onew hyung” said Jonghyun tapping is hyung shoulder, who was busing warming up his voice.

“Jonghyun! God, where were you!?” Onew asked relieve to see Jonghyun. “Everyone is been looking for you” he was definitely talking as the leader, not the friend.

“I had a…outfit trouble, but it’s okay now” he smiled and the other giving an unbelievable look. “Hey hyung do you think I do the introduction talk now?”

“What?, why?” asked the leader as the noonas gave him a last minute check-up. “Your time is after the 4th outfit change” Onew answered.

“Please hyung, this is important to me, really, really important” Jonghyun begged. By now Jonghyun was sure of one thing, he had to get through Key, and this was the only way.

“Jonghyun, what are you up to?” knowing something was up, Onew asked.

“I…I’m not up to anything. I just…this is important, please” he begged once again trying to convince the leader.

“Okay” Onew said and Jonghyun was happy that they had such an understanding friend. “But no funny business, got it?” Onew said with a serious face, after all he was the leader

“Got it” he reassured the other. So he had Onew’s approval, now he just needed the guts.

“Okay guys you’re on stage, on 5 4 3 2 1” said the stage manager and the adrenaline rush through their bodies. This was it and there was no going back.

“Wah, there’s so many of you SHAWOLS here!! It means so much to us having our first concert here in Japan!! So why don’t we make it special, right? This next song, well we weren’t supposed to sing it tonight.” by now all of the members we staring back an forth between themselves, Onew was starting to regret his decision and Key was so nervous he was sure this had to do something with what happen a couple of minutes ago.

“But you see there someone really special in my heart, and I just put all of my feelings out there, but that person still doesn’t believe my words are true. That’s why this next song goes you; you’re the only one with the key to my heart. This is Romantic”  

As the music begun Key felt like he was going to faint, it felt like every cell in is body was speeding up. This was bad, right now, all he wanted was run up Jonghyun and tell him that he didn’t needed more time to think, that he loved him and that he needed him. Why did he need time? He loved Jonghyun, so why wait?... He needed him, all of him, but this wasn’t the place, they had a job to do and fans to pleased, so for now he could wait and enjoy this moment, ‘cause for the first time this was all for him

Hour and half later the concert was done, it went smoothly with a couple of ‘Jongkey’ moments, which always left Key tingly all over. Now they were on the van of their way to reality and that scared Key the most, the fact that all of this could have been an illusion of the moment. When they got home, they took turns on the bathroom and after that, some of them decide to go to bed.

Jonghyun lay in bed wandering ‘What now?’ he confessed and he practically told the whole world he was in love with Key, ‘So what happen?’ Key hadn’t said anything, but he was sure they had made a connection; he saw it on Key’s eyes… ‘How much time does he need’ they had waited too much… he had waited too much with his insecurities. 

“Urgh!!! I just need to sleep; maybe I’m too tired to think” Jonghyun’s mind was in overdrive, so he convinced himself to at least try to fall asleep.

While Key on the other hand, he was also wrestling with his sleep, and not just because of his obvious situation, but because of Minho and Taemin.

“Aigo Minho not now, I’m tired” cried Taemin while trying to push Minho away.

“Come on Minnie one kiss, you know how much I wanted to touch you today” Minho said as he laid kisses on the back of Taemin’s neck.

“Oh please!!” Key couldn’t take it anymore. “Taemin just give it him already!” he grabbed his pillow and blanket. “I’m sleeping outside” with that he slammed the door.     

"Key hyung, wait" Taemin called, by then Key was out of the room already.

"What's wrong with Key hyung? Taemin asked Minho.

"I don't know. He has been acting weird since the concert" Minho answered.

"Do you think he is mad at us?" Taemin asked again worried.

"No, why would he be mad at us. He is probably just tired, that’s all” he reassured Taemin. “Now come on, don't change the subject and give me a kiss" and before Taemin could turn around, captured his lips in what started as soft and sweet kiss that evolve into so much more.

Here was Key, now standing in front of Jonghyun's door, wandering if should knock. Something inside of him knew once he went in that room things were going to change, so what to do? Deciding to let go of everything on his mind and follow the feelings he had kept inside for so long, he nock.

"Who is it?" Jonghyun asked, completely awake.

"It’s me" Key said while he opened just a bit the door. The room was completely dark and the only light was coming from all the buildings outside. Jonghyun was surprised to see Key, but at the same time he was nervous and excited. ‘What Key wanted?’ ‘Was he here to tell me what he had decided?’

Then Jonghyun notice Key was holding his pillow and blanket, suddenly everything made sense, but he decided to play along.

"What’s going on?" Jonghyun asked trying to sound has calm as possible, even though his heart was about to burst.

"I...ha, I got sick of all the 2min loving and I was wandering if I could, maybe…spend the night here, with you” Key said nervously while scratching the back of his head.

“Yeah…sure” Jonghyun said anticipating the heat of Key’s body as he patted the empty stop beside him.

To Be Continued

_________________________________________________

Here is the first chapter, I'll try to upload the second and last by tonight but I promise nothing. I hope you guys like it and remember to leave all your feelings and thoughts in the comment section below!!