Hybrid For Sale

Hybrid For Sale

Hybrid For Sale

Kairis


betad by me and no stahp

 

"How much for him???" As the words left his mouth, Kris regretted them. He had come out today with the incentive of getting groceries, and had gotten distracted by a small, dimly lit pet store that looked so out of place on a brightly lit street. He hadn't noticed it at first, but something moving caught his eye. When he turned, he could see that it was a hybrid, small and tan, pressed up against the glass. It stared at him before putting its head down and backing out of sight. So now, here Kris was, standing inside of said store, about to buy that hybrid because it looked so sad, stuck in that cage. 

Kris realized that he had zoned out when the sales clerk tapped his shoulder, asking him if he was sure he wanted to make this purchase. Though confused at the man's uncertainty, Kris nodded and paid. He sighed—he really hoped that he wouldn't regret this. 

Kris sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. He had been home for an hour and the hybrid—named Kai, he was told—had refused to come out of his cage, whimpering every time Kris came close. Finally, Kris decided to leave the hybrid to its own devices, putting a bowl of food by the opening of the cage and leaving the room. 

When Kris entered the room later, the only sign that the hybrid had come out of his cage was the food bowl tipped on its side and the empty cage, but no sign of Kai. The man looked around for a sign of the other, and quickly found one—if the shaking form under his kitchen table was anything to go by. Walking over, the giant crouched down, looking at the scantily clad, shivering figure. Said figure backed farther under the table, trying to make itself seem smaller. If Kris said that he didn't feel sort of bad, he'd be lying. He reached a hand out, mentally cringing when the hybrid whimpered. 

"I'm not gonna hurt you," Kris started in a low voice, "please come to me..." There was a pregnant pause in which Kai lifted his head, his chocolate eyes looking uncertainly into Kris'. Kris' mouth formed what he hoped was a smile as he tried to coax the other closer and out from underneath the table. After what seemed like hours, the hybrid uncurled itself and crawled slowly out from under the table, staying as far from Kris as possible, staring at him with what could be nothing but fear in his eyes. Kris sighed: this was gonna be a long night. 

Not too long after the smaller boy came from under the table, Kris noticed his shivering and took in what he was wearing. A tattered shirt with small and tight shorts adorned the tan body, leaving him exposed and freezing in the cold weather. Kris cursed under his breath. He knew that the other would have to take a bath and get new clothes or he would freeze to death. He looked at the younger. The boy stood with his head down, his black hair covering his face, his arms wrapped around his torso in hopes of warmth. His skinny legs vibrated, but Kris couldn't tell if it was from the temperature or from the effort of keeping his body up—the boy looked emaciated. Kris took a step forward, frowning when the other immediately took a step back. 

"Look, you need to take a bath and change clothes, you must be freezing" Kris stated, staring at Kai; when the other didn't reply, Kris continued, "You'll need to take your clothes off and get into the bath". When the other's head snapped up, Kris could see the fear in his tearing eyes, making Kris immediately try to revise his words. 

"I'll get you some warmer clothes and you'll get clean. I won't hurt you, I promise". After a few moments, Kai nodded slightly, a small tip of his head that Kris wouldn't have seen had he not been staring so intensely at the other. With a small nod to assure himself, Kris turned, telling the boy to follow him to the bathroom.

As he was filling the tub with warm water, Kris looked at the boy. He was confused as to why the boy barely looked at him and why when he did, it was in fear. What was wrong with him??? Sighing, Kris turned off the water before it could overflow. He beckoned the younger forward. 

"I'm gonna take your clothes off, alright???" He asked the boy, feeling a bit comfortable about the situation. When he only shifted, not saying anything, Kris proceeded to remove the hybrid's shirt, trying to ignore the way that the boy stiffened underneath his touch. He looked up concerned when the boy's grew heavier, the closer Kris got to his pants. When they were pulled off, Kris realized a couple of things. 

1. The reason that Kai was so expensive. Though Kai's head was topped off with sleek black cat ears, his tail wasn't that of a cat. It was a bunny tail, small and poofy—Kai was a double hybrid. 

2. Every time Kris went to go touch the hybrid, he shied away, sometimes even when Kris addressed him. Kris still had no idea why. 

3. Kai had mysterious markings on him. Not like the tattoos that Kris had, but like scars from ugly wounds. They were plentiful, but mostly invisible, covered by the tan that was the hybrid's skin. As said hybrid turned to get into the tub, Kris could see the faint bruises on his side and eventually the dark and painful looking one's on his back. Red welts littered the boy's back, some criss crossing others and all of them laying on top of scars from what were probably more welts. They looked almost like the kid had gotten whipped. 

4. Kai had a weird limp that made him seem like he was in pain. There was a small wince every time he stepped and Kris couldn't help but notice how red he was...down there. Below his tail, his had bruises that were shaped kind of like...hands??? Even through the darkness of his complexion, Kris could clearly see the damage this boy had. 

And as he cleaned the boy, 5: the hybrid boy...Kai was beautiful. His lips were big and full. His hair was long and silky. The pieces of his skin that were unmarred were smooth. His tan gave him an exotic look. He had a cute, button nose. And he had chocolate brown eyes that you could just get lost in. Kris tried not to stare at him, instead busying himself by getting clothes for the other to dress in. 

Just when Kris thought that he had everything figured out, he realized that he had forgotten about something: in his haste to buy Kai, he had forgotten about the fact that he only had one bed in the house—well, one usable bed. He did have a guest room, but it was filled with boxes and other stuff that Kris had little use for. He sighed, he would have to sleep on the couch tonight. Kris turned towards Kai. 

"You can sleep in my bed," Kris pointed at his made bed, "until I can clean out the guest room." When Kris turned to look at Kai, he was surprised to see the other already in bed, the blanket pulled up and over his head. Kris stared for a bit. 

"Okay then, I guess I'll get going then...good night" He said turning to walk out, only to be grabbed by a hand, slender fingers wrapping around his wrist. Looking up, he could see the boy peeking at him from under the cover, his eyes shining with something that Kris couldn't place, but it was obvious what he wanted: Kai was silently asking—pleading—to not be left alone. Sighing, he turned towards the bed, slipping underneath the covers. Both of them stared at each other for a while, not saying anything before Kris looked away, leaning over to turn off the lamp, letting out a startled yelp when the hybrid immediately latched onto him, shaking. Kris slowly wrapped his arms around Kai, keeping him close, and eventually the shaking stopped, and they fell asleep. 

When Kris woke up the next day to warmth in his arms, he felt weird. He felt warm and not just on the outside. Looking down at the mass of black in his arms, he smiled a genuine smile for the first time in a while. He hadn't known why he had spent the money on the hybrid before, but he feels like he does now because seeing Kai's body last night made him feel the need to protect the other and right now, the feel of a person in his arms, feels really good.


So...yeah...happy belated birthday Krissie c: hehe
This isn't my best writing but it'll do ^__^
Let me know if you guys want me to expand on this (I was thinking about doing that but I really wanted to post it so I ended it ono)
Sooo...yeah ^__^ I hope you enjoyed it~