Final

Strong
"I don't want to do this ing pointless !! Why the hell do I have to be here?!"
 
"Lee Donghae, please be qui-"
 
"Don't tell me what to do! You can't make me do anything, you ing-"
 
"Donghae. Please, don't use that language.."
 
"I'll do whatever the hell I-"
 
The second the slender brunette rushed in through the door to the small conference room in the main office, the angry teenage boy stopped yelling. His features softened noticeably as he barely let out a sigh of relief, seeing his girlfriend. 
 
"Can you let us be alone for a bit?" the girl asked the teacher aide standing by Donghae's side, her eyes filled with concern. "You don't have to worry, I'll talk to him."
 
The woman nodded, glancing at Donghae before leaving the room. This same drill happened every week- none of them were new to it.
 
"Talk to me about what?" Donghae whined once they were left alone in the medium sized room. "She's making me do that stupid math . Why do I have to do it, huh?"
 
The girl sighed but smiled gently, sitting down next to him and looked at the worksheet in front of him. "I know it seems stupid and pointless, oppa, but you need to do it, okay? Don't you want to graduate high school? You've been wanting to get out of here forever, haven't you?"
 
The male barely frowned. "Yeah, but can't I just drop out or something? This is so ing stupid. I hate being here. I hate it so much."
 
She watched him as he mumbled more complaints to himself, his eyebrows furrowed in displeasure. She leaned in and kissed his cheek softly, picking up his pencil and putting it in his hand.
 
"I know, I know. But you know dropping out isn't a good choice, Donghae oppa. I know it seems nice right now, but you need to stay strong, okay? Can you be strong for me?" 
 
He turned to her and scoffed indignantly. "Of course I can. I'm strong."
 
"Oh, are you?" she grinned cheekily, hoping to lighten his mood.
 
"Yes, I am," he smirked and flexed for her playfully, the naughty sparkle in his eyes returning. "See? I could lift you up with one hand." 
 
"And it's very y," she laughed, squeezing the muscle in his arms truly amazed. She loved every inch of her boyfriend, inside and out. 
 
The other students avoided him as much as possible, and it was understandable. Donghae was known for exploding easily, and he was not the nicest person even when he wasn't angry. He wasn't exactly blatantly rude to people, but he didn't bother to talk to them or even acknowledge their presence. His stone cold features generally looked harsh and disapproving, and he was more than willing to hurt anyone who bothered him. 
 
But never in the two years of knowing each other had he hurt her, or even yelled at her. They had first met in math class of their sophomore year. There was something about her gentle voice and laid back personality that had a positive effect on the boy, and teachers were beginning to notice this. They soon asked her if she could possibly tutor the boy in his weak subjects, seeing that she was the only one who could get through to him. He absolutely hated adults, and that didn't seem like it would ever change. So she was their last and best bet; and thankfully, Donghae was beginning to show improvement. 
 
It wasn't long before he revealed his true side to her. She found out more and more about him everyday. He was not scary and intimidating anymore. He was a giant teddy bear, a little five year old dork who got excited about the simplest things and was eager to share them. He slowly allowed her into his world and now didn't ever want her to leave it- which was perfectly fine with her. 
 
She came to know of his mild schizophrenia when she had first started tutoring him, but she had realized she had no reason to be scared. The boy wouldn't even dream of hurting her, and she wasn't sure why. She didn't think she was anything special, but clearly Donghae disagreed. He only had eyes for her. She was the only one who could calm him down, the only
one who could make him happy when he was upset. 
 
"I know it is," Donghae boasted proudly, bringing her back to the present. "So can we leave now? Please?"
 
"No, silly," she laughed softly and ruffled his hair. "Come on, I'll help you with your math work. And then we can go home. As long as you finish everything." 
 
He groaned in frustration. "You're too strict, babe..."
 
"Am not!" She nudged him and he nudged her back.
 
"Are too!"
 
"Donghae oppa, I am not getting into this with you right now."
 
"You're y when you're mad~" 
 
"Donghae oppa!!"
 
"Mmm, say my name like that again~" 
 
Donghae was trying his hardest not to laugh out loud at the mixed expression of amusement and disbelief on his girlfriend's face from his playful teasing. 
 
"Do you want me to leave without you?" she asked threateningly, but her soft smile told him she would never actually do that.
 
"Fine. I'll do my work," he rolled his eyes, looking down at the paper in front of him. "But I still think it's ing stupid." 
 
"You're ing stupid," she retorted playfully.
 
He laughed and rolled his eyes again, nudging her side but grinning to himself. He loved having her with him. She treated him like a normal person. Someone to joke around with, someone who wasn't so sensitive. People were scared to even smile at him in fear that he would get angry with them. He was known as the "freak" and the "psycho", but she would never call him that. 
 
"Do you need any help?" she asked softly, looking at his paper.
 
"No. I can do it."
 
She watched him fondly as he pondered over each problem, his eyes focused solely on the paper in front of him. His concentration was amazing when he wanted it to be, something she wished she could have too. He liked doing things by himself, mainly to prove the point that he wasn't dependent on others. 
 
"Is this right?" he asked her after a few moments, pointing at his circled answer. 
 
She looked over and smiled nodding, giving him a playful hug.
"Mmmhm! See, this isn't so bad!"
 
"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled, but he couldn't hold back his smile as he wrapped an arm around his girlfriend's side. 
 
______________________________________________
 
 
About an hour later, the two were finally heading home. Ever since they started dating, the girl's parents decided that Donghae would live with them- he didn't have any parents of his own.
 
Donghae had been abused as a child. His parents were alcoholics and had no interest in raising a child, and were finally arrested when Donghae was around ten years old. He had moved from foster home to foster home, where he wasn't treated that well either. When his symptoms of schizophrenia first showed up, his foster parents at the time put him straight in the hospital. He was tested and put on several medications, but he needed another home to live in. No one wanted a schizophrenic teenage boy living in their home. 
 
A kind doctor at the hospital finally offered to keep him at his house. He and Donghae had developed a close connection- a rare occurrence for the cold and unwelcoming boy. He trusted no one and refused to open up to anyone, but this doctor had something that made him feel secure. He showed improvement and was doing well in school. 
 
Donghae lived with the doctor up until he was eighteen years old. His girlfriend had met him countless times. But the doctor died of a due to heart problems, and that was when her parents took the boy in. He had always been polite and respectful towards them, mainly because they were the parents of his girlfriend. 
 
He rarely had any "episodes" at the house- being with her was all he needed to be himself. He did have his occasional bad days, but they were never anything too severe.
 
"It's so gloomy," Donghae noted as he looked up at the cloudy sky, barely tilting his head. "Seems like perfect movie weather, hm?"
 
"How about we watch Titanic when we get home?" She smiled up at him, knowing it was his favorite movie.
 
"Okay," he grinned softly, looking down at the ground somewhat shyly. She giggled softly at his adorable behavior as she got into the driver's side of the car. He hadn't had any hallucinations today, but it was still dangerous for him to drive. 
 
They arrived at the house and walked in, setting their backpacks down. Her parents were still at work,
so they had the place to themselves for a few hours. Donghae immediately jumped on the couch, making himself comfortable under the blanket as he grinned up at her. Laughing fondly, she whacked him gently with a small pillow on the couch and went over to put the DVD in. They watched movies together every week, mostly at home rather than in the theater. 
 
"C'mere," Donghae lifted up the blanket, patting the space next to him for her to sit. She smiled crawling in underneath, immediately cuddling close to his body. He normally had problems with people touching him, but she was the only exception. Even the doctor he had lived with could not touch him. She sometimes loved being the only one who had these privileges, but it could also be difficult when he was having problems and she wasn't around. 
 
"Are you okay, baby? You've been off in la-la land all day..." Donghae murmured, hugging her tighter. 
 
She smiled softly, holding his hands around her. "I'm fine. I'm just glad to be with you, is all." 
 
He smiled and gave her a soft peck on the cheek, snuggling her close before looking back at the TV screen.
 
______________________________________________
 
 
She slowly opened her eyes, awakening to the sound of soft talking.
 
Realizing that she had fallen asleep during the movie, she quickly looked up expecting to see Donghae by her side, already prepared to apologize for falling asleep on him.
 
She then realized the talking had been coming from her other side. Turning to her right, she saw Donghae sitting upright on the couch. He was staring intently at the area right next to the TV, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.
 
"Donghae," she quickly spoke, crawling close to him and holding his arm. "Oppa, he isn't real."
 
The male didn't even flinch, but instead mumbled lowly. "It's not the man. It's the girl. The little girl." 
 
She barely sighed in relief and looked towards where Donghae was looking. There were exactly four people Donghae "saw", and she knew each one of them.
 
The little girl was the least harmless of all of them, which was why she was so relieved that it was her Donghae had been talking to. According to Donghae, her name was Minnie and she was only six. 
 
"What's she saying?" she asked gently, wrapping her arms around her boyfriend somewhat protectively. 
 
"She says you're very pretty," he mumbled, somewhat smiling proudly. The reason his schizophrenia was classified as mild was because he was mostly aware that these people were not real- he knew better than to follow their commands, but he still could not completely ignore them.
 
When Donghae had these hallucinations, she was supposed to remain calm and casual so she would not scare him or get him worked up. 
 
"Tell her I say thank you," she said carefully, smiling softly but looked at him a little seriously. "Donghae, let's do something else. I know she's very sweet, but you're going to have to pretend that she isn't here. Okay?" 
 
"You made her upset," he muttered, his tone sounding conflicted. He knew his girlfriend was right, but he just couldn't let go. It was extremely difficult with such a vivid hallucination before him. 
 
"I'm sorry," she whispered, up and down his arm. "But you can't talk to her right now. Please?"
 
He nodded slowly, turning his head away from the little girl and looking down at his girlfriend. His eyes studied hers with a sense of thoughtfulness, and she couldn't even do anything but look back at his. 
 
"I love you," he suddenly blurted out, and she smiled widely as she slowly brought her arms around his neck. 
 
"I love you too, oppa." 
 
She kissed him softly, smiling in the kiss as his lips moved against hers. His hands gripped her waist firmly and protectively, pulling her closer to his body. She moaned softly as his hands slowly and sensually rubbed her hips, his tongue running over her lower lip. Opening for him to allow him entrance, she wrestled his tongue playfully for dominance as he lifted her onto his lap to bring her even closer.
 
"Mm... let's go to the bedroom, baby," he murmured in between kisses. Before she could even respond, he scooped her up without breaking the kiss. Giggling softly, she wrapped her legs around his waist as the strong male brought her to his room, more than ready for a fun afternoon.