Part II

After The Party

            Eli was still standing in front of the door of dorm number A1105. He had pressed the bell dorm for many times, but the owner did not come out yet. Eli sighed heavily. Maybe Effie isn’t in there now, he thought. Ah, if only I had her phone number! Then, he took out a piece of paper and a pen from his pocket. Before exiting Jaeseop’s dorm, he borrowed them all on purpose, but he never thought that they were very useful at that time. He wrote a few sentences there, then fold it up and slip it into the door. Eli stared at the door for a long moment. I hope you could find the paper and read it. And most importantly, you want to come with me tonight, he hoped, then when back to dorm number A1108.

 

***

 

            Actually, Effie was in her dorm. She heard the bell’s ring, but she was reluctant to meet her guest. She was at the dinner table, looking at the wallpaper  of her cell phone. She did so for quite a long time and then she began sobbing again. When she was satisfied crying, she rose from her seat and walked towards her room. Her eyes stopped accidentally on a piece of paper that was in the doorway when she was about to open the door of her room. With a frowning, she took and read the paper.

           Effie yah, will you come to the party with me at Jaeseop’s dorm? If you wanna, please send me a text or call me. My number's in the corner of this paper. I will wait until eight p.m., okay? ^ ^ - Eli - 

            Effie sighed heavily, then looked toward the doorway again. Then, she put the paper in her cardigan pocket and opened the door of her room.

 

***

 

            Eli glanced at his cell phone for many times since he was back to Jaeseop’s dorm, hoping Effie would send him a text or call him. But, she had not given him the answer yet. Eli sighed, disappointed.

            "What's wrong with you, Eli yah?" Kiseop asked to Eli when he realized that his attitude had changed and became quiet since he came back from shopping.

            Eli was a bit surprised to hear that question. However, he immediately covered it with a smile and shook his head. "I'm fine," he replied.

            "But, your face looks glum."

            "No, it doesn’t, Kiseop ah."

            "Eli yah! Let’s have a talk tonight! I miss you so much, that’s why I need to talk to you later," said Jaeseop suddenly at Eli.

            Eli just laughed in respond. "We still have plenty of time to talk, you know! I'm scared I don’t have time tonight."

            "Because he's going to come with a girl whom he likes," Kevin added that directly got a glare from Eli. Kevin chuckled in respond, then hugged Eli’s hand who was sitting next to him. "Why?" he teased.

            "Yah! Kim Kyoung Jae yah! I left you for a semester and you’ve got a girl!?" shouted Jaeseop in shocked, but with sparkling eyes.

            "Wow! I just knew it!" said Hoon.

            "So, that's why your face looked glum?! Yaaa, Eli yah, you should have introduced her to us, you know!" Kiseop added.

            "Yaaah! This is not what you think," said Eli who was suddenly embarrassed and his face began to flush. Eli then let go of his hand from Kevin and stood up. "I'm going home. I need to get ready for the party."

            "Or maybe get ready to meet your girl, right?" Soohyun started teasing him and he laughed with satisfaction when he saw Eli's face became reddish.

 

***

 

            Eli just came out of the bathroom when his cell phone rang loudly. Then, he took it from his bed and frowned when he looked at the number of the caller. Whose number is this? He thought. However, he was soon pressing the answer button. "Hello..."

            "Eli oppa..." called someone on the other line. From the way the caller called him, he could guess that the caller was a female.

            "Yes, Eli oppa’s here. Sorry, but who are you?" Eli asked as he dried his hair with a towel.

            "It's me, Effie Lee..."

            To hear the answer, Eli’s throat felt choked. However, it did not last long. He began to be able to control his feelings after that. "Oh, you are..."

            "Pick me up..."

            "Yes?" asked Eli because he could not heard Effie’s voice clearly. It sounded very slow and weak.

            "Pick me up, oppa. I want to go to Jaeseop oppa’s dorm with you," replied Effie in a louder and clearer voice.

            Eli’s heartbeat raced faster because of it. Of course he was very happy to hear it. "Ok, I'll pick you up. Eight p.m., ok?"

            Effie said yes, and then the conversation was stopped by her.

            Eli jumped and cheered happily. Finally, what he wanted had been fulfilled. Then, he looked at the clock on the wall. It was already seven p.m.. Time to get ready!

 

***